Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Note N7000

Options
  • 26-05-2013 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread over a bargain alerts I successfully picked up a SG note, so am moving from a crappy nokia 1.0 to a shinny new mature smart phone. I'd like to get some info on how to go about "rooting" it.. its been out for 2 years now there should hopefully be plenty of options.

I don't have a windows desktop at the min, I have a linux laptop running Ubuntu, and am in the process of learning that OS, should I still be able to root it, or do you need a windows desktop to do that..(for the GUI etc) does this forum deal with this kinda stuff, I don't want to register with another forum to get it done.

so I'm looking for some advise as to what to try out, battery life is important, I'd like to be able to RDP on to my servers also, (hosted on ubuntu) watch tutorials, organise meetings, gaming, basically looking for a replacement for my laptop, this is the best phone for this I presume, the note 2 was wayy out of my league price wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Here and here Make sure you read the instructions carefully and find out are you on ICS or Jelly bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hi the phone is on gingerbread, is that locked now wouldnt mind getting used to android before i root it. Is it possible to upgrade to ics and then j b, dont want the phone performance affected by upgrading.

Advertisement