Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablet not connecting to internet

Options
  • 19-05-2012 8:23am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

hi all, I bought a cheap Chinese tablet, had it off for a month, just turned it on and won't connect to the net (It did so before)

It finds my router's signal no problem, it just gets stuck on the "acquiring IP address" stage.

I've tried restarting my router and turning off all other devices on the network but no joy.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is your router completely open or has it some security enabled? Can you connect another device, e.g. phone to the router?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Is your router completely open or has it some security enabled? Can you connect another device, e.g. phone to the router?

Yes my phone, laptop, and desktop can connect.

It has WEP enabled.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is MAC filtering enabled on the router? Test it with no security to confirm if there is an issue with the tablet wifi or not.

Advertisement