Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer contacts, SMS from SE V630i to Galaxy Express

• 28-05-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

As the title says...

Has anyone had any success transfering all the data (contacts, SMS) from a very old SE V630i to an Android phone?

I used MyPhoneExplorer on my W7 laptop to sync the data from the V630i via Bluetooth and that worked perfectly. All the info on the phone was copied to a local folder on my laptop.

I then connected the Galaxy Express via Bluetooth and then WiFi. Eventually I got the contacts to sysnc to the Galaxy Express but I'm having all manner of issues trying to get the SMS' to transfer... :confused:

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

For anyone with a similar issue. This is how you can transfer ALL data froman old SE phone to a Smartphone.

Connect your old phone to the MyPhoneExplorer program on your PC via Bluetooth.

Allow it to sysn with the phone. You should see all the contacts and SMS in each section.

Make a backup of that data,it takes a few minutes. This backup will be restored to your new Android phone.

Delete the SE user from MyPhoneExplorer program.

On your Android phone, go to Google Play and install the MyPhoneExplorer app on it.

On your PC start MyPhoneExplorer.
    On your Android phone start the MyPhoneExplorer App - Follow the instructions.

Connect the PC and Android phone to your network via WiFi. This is easier or go the Bluetooth route.

Once the Android phone is seen as a User on MyPhoneExplorer program.Restore the backup from the SE phone.

You will get a warning saying that there may be issues restoring to another type of phone. But so far it looks like it worked perfectly.

Maybe this will help others transferring to an Android phone as MyPhoneExplorer seems to work with a lot of brands.

Advertisement