Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One S or Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Options
  • 10-05-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Stuck between choosing from the above 2 phones.

One S:
    1.5GHz CPU
    Revamped Sense (dunno if this is a plus)
    Beats Audio technology
    Looks stunning, sturdy, yet incredibly thin.
    No NFC

Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
    1.2Ghz
    Better screen than One S
    Slower CPU (1.2GHz)
    Vanilla ICS
    NFC (is it in use anywhere yet?)
    Better front facing camera (?)

Both are capped at 16gb storage and no option to expand that via microSD.

I must admit I like the look of the One S more, but there is a lot to be said for a plain no frills ICS phone, that will probably be among the first to get updated to Jellybean later this year.

Any thoughts on either phone?

Cheers,
    sombaht

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Better Camera on the One S too, I would say. As for NFC, wouldnt be too worried about it. NFC has been around since the Nexus S, which launched 18 months ago, and NFC has hardly taken off. People will be slow to take that up.

Personally, I would go for the One S, Galaxy Nexus is probably too big. And as for the Vanilla ICS, I would say that is only an advantage as regard to getting Jellybean almost straight after release, in terms of day to day, both Vanilla and Sense 4 would be very nice to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

sombaht wrote: »
    Stuck between choosing from the above 2 phones.

One S:
    1.5GHz CPU
    Revamped Sense (dunno if this is a plus)
    Beats Audio technology
    Looks stunning, sturdy, yet incredibly thin.
    No NFC

Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
    1.2Ghz
    Better screen than One S
    Slower CPU (1.2GHz)
    Vanilla ICS
    NFC (is it in use anywhere yet?)
    Better front facing camera (?)

Both are capped at 16gb storage and no option to expand that via microSD.

I must admit I like the look of the One S more, but there is a lot to be said for a plain no frills ICS phone, that will probably be among the first to get updated to Jellybean later this year.

Any thoughts on either phone?

Cheers,
    sombaht

Being the phone fiend I am I today got the One S having had the Galaxy Nexus since November. The One S feels better in the hand, has a much better back camera and is lighter but the screen on the Nexus is bigger and overall I think sharper. I'm running a custom ROM on the Galaxy Nexus that gives me super battery, we will see how long the One S lasts....

If you are into custom ROM's and and all that then the Galaxy Nexus is the one to go for as it's much better supported....I guess the One S will get there in time though.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

madmoe wrote: »
    Being the phone fiend I am I today got the One S having had the Galaxy Nexus since November.
    M

How are you finding the battery life on the One S, do you get a full days charge out of it? Have read reviews online but would like to get some info from someone with real life experience with the phone. I'd mostly be using it for pushed emails and a few hours of surfing the net and twitter and the likes, make very few phone calls if any in a typical day.

Have used it in shops and find the form factor to be perfect, just the battery life is keeping me from buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

How are you finding the battery life on the One S, do you get a full days charge out of it? Have read reviews online but would like to get some info from someone with real life experience with the phone. I'd mostly be using it for pushed emails and a few hours of surfing the net and twitter and the likes, make very few phone calls if any in a typical day.

Have used it in shops and find the form factor to be perfect, just the battery life is keeping me from buying it.

Not impressed with batter life on One S at all. Left it untouched for a good while doing SFA, came back twice and it was pure dead! I could do this as was using Galaxy Nexus most of the time.

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement