Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Galaxy Note to PS3 Controller

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I saw a YouTube video where a guy has connected his Galaxy Note to a PS3 controller. He actually had some sort of clear plastic clip/stand that was stuck to the Note and allowed it to clip onto a PS3 controller too. It clipped on so that the screen was slotted in horizontally to the controller. Where can you get such a clip? I'd love to play GTA etc with this. I'm on an iPod do I can't post up a link to the video but if you type in "Samsung galaxy note ps3 controller" it should come up on the first page of YouTube. The guy has a white Note and white PS3 controller. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

What are you asking for, the clip or the software? AFAIK, the software utilises bluetooth, if that would help your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Looking for the clip if anyone knows where online I could pick one up? Also, to use the software does the phone have to be jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Looking for the clip if anyone knows where online I could pick one up? Also, to use the software does the phone have to be jailbroken?

Galaxy Note is not from apple - therefore there is no jail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Theres a Sixaxis controller app on the Market but the phone needs to be rooted to use it and it doesnt support all phones so check compatiblity before buying the app.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

charlesh wrote: »
    therefore there is no jail!

Bless you. There's a witty T-Shirt in there somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Try searching for game gripper, gametel or onlive controller they should be some of the options available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

@Ste- Cheers for the links.

Here's the link to the YouTube video I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-IpYEzK0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It seems to be just a clear plastic clip connecting the PS3 controller and the Note.

The only reason I asked about the Note needing to be jailbroken was because I had heard about people using roms to connect the controller so I just assumed it needed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are two apps on the play store, you'll need the non tablet one(as you cant run 3.0) which is like €2(Sixaxis pairing tool) but use the compatibility checker first. You'll also need a windows or mac pc to run the tool for your first pairing.

But be warned, you MUST HAVE ROOT.

Advertisement