Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long for first results?

• 25-02-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

Quick question, sorry if this has been asked before...

How long before the results start to be announced?

I have the rte site open, is it a good one? any better recommendations for realtime results?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Counting starts at... 9am I believe. So if you want to stay up all night, go for it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

If we had electronic voting we'd know by midnight, amirite? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Counting starts at... 9am I believe. So if you want to stay up all night, go for it! :P

Er...what?

9am? 0900hrs?

You mean they dont announce results until the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Technique

Counting starts at 0900.

I'd imagine that it will be after lunchtime before the first results are through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Er...what?

9am? 0900hrs?

You mean they dont announce results until the morning?

Yeah, 09:00 on 26/02/2011 :)

I would reckon around 11:30/12:00 would be the time we get the first count over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And what about exit polls will we get any indication of the way things are going before tomorrow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

Yeah, 09:00 on 26/02/2011 :)

I would reckon around 11:30/12:00 would be the time we get the first count over.

No it will be later than that.The tallymen will have a good idea by midday as to how things are going but the first count official results will not be announced until mid afternoon at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

loldog wrote: »

Yes but it takes the thrill and the atmosphere of the count away. Nothing can beat the anticipated wait for the hand counted results. NOTHING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Anyone know of any exit polls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

loldog wrote: »

Well given that the handcount doesnt start until tomorrow at 9am and the first results are expected around noon so it only takes three or four hours; therefore we could have results by 1am if they started counting tonight instead of goofing off for eleven hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

I suspect there is exit poll data out there - the question is wether the media have the will or the courage to spell it out before the first counts tommorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Cant wait for tomorrow , will have the t.v and internet at the ready, have lots of money to be won so will be on a buzz all day:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect there is exit poll data out there - the question is wether the media have the will or the courage to spell it out before the first counts tommorrow.
    Exit polls cost money and lose most of their value when the first count starts, so its in their interest to publish early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

RTE already have their exit poll, it'll first be broadcast on radio 1, not sure if it's 8 or 9 am when they'll do it.

Advertisement