Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you rush out in the morning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Up at 8.05 out for 8.25. Two cans of monster and a granola bar. Keeps me going until 2-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Alarm goes off at 6.45. Stay in bed till 7, then up, shower, dress myself, gulp down half a litre of milk and shove fruit down my gullet in a hurry. Out the door at 7.15 to drive to work by 7.30.

Back of the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

How do so many people have a shower get dressed and eat in 15 minutes :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

123 LC wrote: »

its possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Up at either 6.30am or 7am.

Showered, dressed, make up done by twenty past, or half past 7.

Coffee and internet/book til 8.50am (I have about three coffees before leaving for work).

Leave at ten to 9, get to work by 9.30-9.40, have coffee, start work at 10am.

You really get up at 6.30 when your not in till 10?? No wonder you need so much coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

OK, so I'm into the bathroom at 7.00 on the dot carrying clothes that I'll wear. Shower is turned on, and while it's heating up, shove a clot of toothpaste into my mouth-hole and wear the choppers off me. That's about a minute.

Straight into shower, shampooing, soaping etc, that's a good 5 minutes, then toweled off and dressed-3 minutes. Lets say a good 12 minutes, accounting for things like lacing up shoes and dragging a comb through my head.

Then downstairs into kitchen, open fridge, shove milk down my gullet without breathing, then out the door carrying fruit which I eat at traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

At 7 am I woke up, I gotta be fresh before I go downstairs.
    I then get my bowl and I have my cereal and I just see everything with the time is going,
    The time is usually ticking on and on so I have to rush out the door and to the bus stop.
    Sometimes I will see my friends and I can either be kickin in the front or just sitting in the back seat on the way to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Up at 10 and out by 12, no matter what. Can't abide timewasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Not anymore. Learned my lesson the day I arrived at work with 1 navy and 1 black shoe on me and everyone was like Nah you wouldnt even notice *sniggering*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Being a student it Varies. Some days I set my alarm for 7.30am and actually get up for 8.10. Teeth and clothes by 8:20. In the college car part for 8:45. No breakfast and I shower when I get home.

Other days I will naturally wake up around 11ish. Have a browse around facebook, look at news/ weather until 11:30. Shower until 12:00. Do hair from 12 to 12:30. Get dressed another 30 min then another 30 min for breakfast (at 1pm). Relax for awhile and leave the house for half 1. In college for half 2. In lecture for 3.

So sometimes it can be rushed and takes 35 minutes total. Other times I'm in no rush and it takes 4 hours. And being a guy I look just as good either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I set about six alarms on my iPhone, wait til the last one goes off, then set up another one ten minutes later...which is the one I get up to.

Quick shower, quick runover of the hair with the straightener, brush teeth, do makeup and out the door.

I wake up approximately 3 hours later once the suicidal thoughts have passed and I've had a few coffees.

I fcuking hate mornings / morning people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Depends which job I'm going to. But mostly it's:

Multiple alarms going off from 6.50 to 7.30, shower (never hair though or I'd be there all night), get dressed, moisturise and fix hair, feed pets. Out the door at 8.20. There's just enough time to do it all comfortably so no rushing but no relaxing.

I eat breakfast in work.

Have no idea how people can shower and eat and even put on makeup in 20 minutes. I hate having to get dressed too quickly after showering, never feel properly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I usually give myself 10 mins to watch the news headlines when i get up and about 5-10 mins before i leave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Alarm goes off 7.25am. Then there's one at 7.32, 7.39, 7.45, 7.49 and 7.54. I need this many or I won't get up. Up at 7.55, wash, brush teeth and hair, dress, out the door and at the bus stop for 8.15, in work for 9.15. I don't usually wear make-up but if I feel like I need it on a particular day for whatever reason I'll apply in work. Also stick in the contact lenses in work. And breakfast in work at 10.30. My sleep is precious to me, I need ALL OF IT.

Also, very jealous of the people with short commutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

One of my best friends in secondary school used to be able to do the 15-minute thing in the mornings, including a 5-minute walk down to the school... up, washed, dressed, breakfast, the works. I got up an hour before school and still got there in a mess. Never knew how he could do it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Alarm at 7:15 normally, mostly to make sure I get into the shower before my annoying flatmate that takes all fcuking morning in there. Done around 7:25, get dressed, do make-up, get breakfast, leave 8-8:15ish. Get to tube station 8:25ish, into work 8:45, make a huge mug of tea and start work at 9. No rushing anywhere, it annoys me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Get up at 6-ish, out the door around 7-ish.

I used to be in a rush because I tried fitting breakfast in that time, but now I have that at work and have no need to rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Alarm at 7:35, snooze til 8 or 10 past 8, shower, clothes, food, out the door at 8:30 or 8:50 if I'm cycling, work at 9. They're actually pretty lax about showing up on time here, as long as you make up the time in the evening, but I haven't been late yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Alarm at 07:00...the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Usually up by 07:45

*shower
    *dress/makeup/hair
    *dog toilet walk (stays with my OH during the day)
    *coffee
    *pack books and notes rather than dragging everything with me

Run out the door at 08:37...in work for 09:00

Militant timekeeping and precision but if any of the following happen, my day is doomed:

-can't find dog poop bag
    -ladder in tights
    -water not hot yet
    -can't find keys
    -can't decide what to wear
    -hit snooze button once too often

It's a very fine balance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

You've never eaten toast in the shower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Alarm 6.45 up, into shower
    Make kids' lunches & my lunch, get kids breakfast ready & have my breakfast by 7.20
    Get kids up & dressed
    Get myself dressed
    Out the door at 7.45. Usually herself is just getting up as I go out the door. I am too good to that woman.
    In work by 8.30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 IcyBreadPeople

I wake up at around 7am, contemplate suicide for 5 minutes, quick pork with bf, in work at 8.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Alarm Goes off at 7... eventually climb out of bed at 7.25 and I am on the bus at 7.50.

Every extra second with my eyes closed, under the covers is vitally important.

But I do manage to fit in getting dressed, a glass of juice and some crackers. But I have to have everything (clothes etc...) ready from the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Up at 7:10. Stare at the door handle for a few mins before figuring out how to open it. Pee, dress, prepare food and hurtle down motorway in a 1.1 ton ball of metal at 120kph in zombie mode. At desk at 7:55

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sometimes I'm up at 5:45 and logged onto the computer if I have to do something early for work, but usually it's alarm between 7 and 7:15, walk the dog, use the facilities, make breakfast and surf the web, out the door at 8. In work 8:35ish, have a shower.

The morning is probably ten minutes slower than it needs to be because I'm tip-toeing around trying not to wake the baby. No, I don't rush. When you've got a real job nobody keeps track of what time you turn up, so if I'm running ten minutes late, then I'm going to be ten minutes late for work, I don't kill myself rushing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Wake at 7.04 get outta bed by 10 past, pee, brush teeth, let dog out, get taxi into work and at desk by 7.28

Dont have to be in at a set time so the time I get up varies. Typical morning would though would be alarm 8:30, up at 9, out the door between 9:05 and 9:10.

Getting dressed and washing teeth takes 5 mins, shower the night before and eat at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Up at 5.50, fall into clothes in the dark, wash face/teeth, at work still half asleep by 6am. Usually around 6.30 I realise that my jumper is inside out or my shoes are odd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

ElleEm wrote: »
    I find the whole "snooze" thing mad. Why would you waste valuable sleeping time by setting your alarm earlier than you have to?! You can't sleep properly during snooze time, so just give yourself the extra time actually sleeping.

When I was working, I used to wake at 6:15am, and was out by 7am. If I was rushing for any reason it would ruin the rest of my day. Hate that flustered feeling!

My gf does this and it drives me mad. 4 separate alarms, starting an hour before she has to get up. Drives me mental because I cant sleep after the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Up at 5.50, fall into clothes in the dark, wash face/teeth, at work still half asleep by 6am. Usually around 6.30 I realise that my jumper is inside out or my shoes are odd....

Have a shower ffs, gross

Advertisement