Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Thornton - someone explain it to me?!

Options
  • 25-02-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Seriously, how did Kate Thornton ever get a presenting job? How?!

She has that permanent smug look on her face and the few snippets I saw of her on the Red Carpet last night, before switching off in disgust made, me absolutely cringe.

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Maybe she got knocked up by Rupert Murdoch and that's how she got it. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation. She was shockingly bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

She was awful!! Da head on her when she was asking Seal bout Jake shears and Seal was like 'Who da hell is dat!'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

There's a reason X Factor fired her.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

jdivision wrote: »
    There's a reason X Factor fired her.

She is so stiff and robotic in her presenting manner. Watched the Oscars red carpet last night and she was terrible. Has she never heard of research to at least have some idea about the people she is interviewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Thank you for this thread Chinafoot!Yes, I'm sure she is a lovely person and all but she is so bad at presenting that it's a hoot to watch.

Take Saoirse Ronan as a prime example - first Kate exclaimed how great that she was English, was then corrected by her backgroud camera people and said something like 'Oh you're Irish, well we can claim you for tonight anyway.' Then, she marvelled in the fact that Saoirse was 15 until Saoirse corrected her that she was in fact only 13. Then Kate seemed to lose herself and start the big shindig all over again like they were just starting to appear on camera! The sober jokes to her Mother were actually cringe-inducing.

She finds it really hard to think on her feet and while I thought Seal came across as a bit of a tool, Kate didn't do herself any favours with him either. Even with George Clooney aswell, you just felt sorry for her. And the funniest part was when some singer girl, Amy Adams who was nominated for three songs - she came over and stood a bit lost beside Kate, waiting for an interview. Then Kate finally notices her there and is all "How are you?" "Your dress is lovely" etc - she didn't have a notion who she was and think even the Amy girl knew that too but was obviously depserate for some media coverage.

All in all, an amusing nights work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

I ranted about this last nite as she was certainly out of her depth, the carpet certainly matched the face.:o

Advertisement