Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you rush out in the morning?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Hell no...I'm up at least 2 hours before I have to leave for work...shower, breakfast, coffee, smoke & one of my weekly downloads in front of the TV, to ease me into the day.

Sets me up for having to disturb my peaceful existence, by attending a merde-hole that is run by overpaid, under qualified, professional suit wearer's & meeting attenders that havn't a clue how to run a business or how to treat the underling's that their overlords have as wage slaves, with a modicum of dignity & respsect.

Sux to be me :D :rolleyes:

MugMugs wrote: »
    In fairness, I feel "icky" for the day if I don't have a shower.

It takes no more than five minutes and wakes me up and makes me happier for the rest of the day.

I can't stand facing into a shower in the morning and I avoid it as much as possible. The extra few minutes in bed is much nicer. I'd never feel in anyway dirty or anything like that. I'd much prefer having a shower the evening before and I don't believe a shower is necessary every single day either. All depends on what you have been doing or what you are going to be doing that day.

Funnily enough I did have one this morning as I was too late back from the pub to have one last night :pac:, was not nice having to do it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I have to shower every morning otherwise I just don't feel right!

Alarm goes off at 8am
    Lie in bed for 10 mins waiting for bathroom to become free
    8.10 shower, shave, brush teeth, fragrance!
    8.30 Put on work clothes, assemble my mop
    8.40 out the door
    20 minute stroll to work with some decent music -Grab a coffee on the way
    9am Sat at desk ready to work for the man

Breakfast at about 10am then, can't eat first thing.

Love being able to walk to work, great chance to collect my thoughts, ring a friend, listen to some music and zone out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I suppose I just run hot all the time. My bedroom window is generally always open and I can't sleep with a Duvet most of the time so it's a sweat factor and I'd rather not go into work with stale sweat on me !

Each to their own etc

10k Post !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Hell no...I'm up at least 2 hours before I have to leave for work...shower, breakfast, coffee, smoke & one of my weekly downloads in front of the TV, to ease me into the day.

Sets me up for having to disturb my peaceful existence, by attending a merde-hole that is run by overpaid, under qualified, professional suit wearer's & meeting attenders that havn't a clue how to run a business or how to treat the underling's that their overlords have as wage slaves, with a modicum of dignity & respsect.

Sux to be me :D :rolleyes:

Sux to be you with a job and all that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Same here, shower first thing in the morning is a horrible experience!

Normal day, i'm up at about 7.20 and gone by 7.30. Get out of bed, get dressed, brush teeth, leave house. No tea, no morning telly, no cornflakes - none of that shít!

Do you feel fresh though? I could spend two hours in the shower before bed, but once I've slept I dont feel fresh until I shower again. Flat bed hair too :(

Caonima wrote: »
    Sux to be you with a job and all that :eek:
    Entitled to my opinion, don't like it...tough, get over yourself & get a sense of humour :p

MugMugs wrote: »
    In fairness, I feel "icky" for the day if I don't have a shower.

It takes no more than five minutes and wakes me up and makes me happier for the rest of the day.

Me too. Even if I have a shower I dont feel right unless my head gets wet...but I know it's "bad for the hair" to wash it every day. years of mother screeching "you'll wash all the natural oils out!" hahaha

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Do you feel fresh though? I could spend two hours in the shower before bed, but once I've slept I dont feel fresh until I shower again. Flat bed hair too :(

I don't get this feeling fresh or not, I feel no different if I have a shower the night before or in the morning, well I actually feel better if I don't have it in the morning as I've spent longer in bed and not gone through the effort of getting wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Have a shower ffs, gross

Eh, what's the point when I'm going straight out to deliver mail and get manky in all sorts of sh1tty Irish weather?? :confused: I'd rather shower when I get home and be clean for the part of the day that I actually enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Entitled to my opinion, don't like it...tough, get over yourself & get a sense of humour :p

Put your guns away there, I was having a laugh. Jaysus :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm up and out the door in 20 minutes. Pick out clothes night before. Alarm goes off at 7.50, snooze til 8.10. Up, quick shower (don't wash my hair in the mornings), brush teeth, dress, out the door by 8.30, in work for 9.

I don't eat breakfast and I do my make-up in work, takes 5 minutes in the bathroom.

Caonima wrote: »
    Put your guns away there, I was having a laugh. Jaysus :confused:

Guns holstered, laughing with you not at you ;):D

Note to self...adjust one's sense of humour.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Up at 7:00am, out at 7:30 am, clockwork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I used to think i couldn't go to work without a shower, until my children were born and the morning shower ritual was one of many things i thought i needed that quite simply went out the window. Now i just grab a shower whenever the opportunity arises..... i go to the gym at lunchtime so mostly it's there i have one.

As for the morning rush, i get up when the kids wake, usually about 6.30 and i have a ten minute cycle to work for 8.00. so that leaves me over an hour in the morning to eat breakfast, get their breakfast, get in some play etc.... no real rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Up at 07:45 or so, fire up the computer and do a bit of work from my home office until about 09:30 before cruising up to the office. I don't do traffic, you see. Oh and, in the intervening period I put on some clothes, wash up, maybe have a little light breakfast, yadda-yadda... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

1966 wrote: »
    Shower
    Make up
    Hair
    Get Dressed
    Check make up
    Breakfast
    Wash teeth
    Check make up......looking fab......ready to take on the world !!!

Oh gawd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I set the alarm for 7.20am but I usually wake up naturally about 6.50am. So I snooze until the alarm goes off. Up and have shower, get dressed and do make-up. Unload the dishwasher or hang out some clothes. Out the door at 8.10am, drop the kiddo to the childminders and in work by 8.20 - 8.25am.

Have breakfast and a cuppa in work at my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

So, 119 posts in - and not one of us admits that their snooze button is, in fact, not to snooze but to facilitate a pedal and crank?

For some of us it's the highlight of the day!

• Advertisement

So, 119 posts in - and not one of us admits that their snooze button is, in fact, not to snooze but to facilitate a pedal and crank?

whats a pedal and crank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Why would you need a snooze button for a fap?

Is it like..er..special time?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Alarm at 05.00 am, up at 5.30. Out the door at 06.45.

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Alarm at 05.00 am, up at 5.30. Out the door at 06.45.

Why are you wasting an hour to an hour and a half of sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I don't understand "Rushers". Why make life so difficult for yourselves? I rush for nothing and take my time with almost everything I do. I usually give myself an hour to get ready and really enjoy my mornings with my nice breakie and a spot of internet. If I don't have that hour, that's my mood completely gone down the loo for the day. Puts me in a right stonker!

• Advertisement

I don't understand "Rushers". Why make life so difficult for yourselves? I rush for nothing and take my time with almost everything I do. I usually give myself an hour to get ready and really enjoy my mornings with my nice breakie and a spot of internet. If I don't have that hour, that's my mood completely gone down the loo for the day. Puts me in a right stonker!

I just would have no interest in spending an hour around the house in the morning. I'd find the time massively better spent sleeping. It doesn't feel like a rush for me to get ready in 10 mins its just the way I always did things. I would see it as a total waste of time waiting around the house for an hour just for the sake of it (on a work morning).

I enjoy my breakfast much more too in front of the computer at work as I don't usually feel like eating for the first 30 mins or an hour after getting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Dont understand why anyone would want to kick around the house in the morning. I much prefer to get to work early, and have that hour in the evening to kick around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Dont understand why anyone would want to kick around the house in the morning. I much prefer to get to work early, and have that hour in the evening to kick around

Well you're lucky that you have a flexible timetable and can leave early - most people don't. I teach, so I have to be punctual.

It takes me an hour to get my **** together in the morning, so I'm not just faffing about. Usually eating my brekkie while reading the news/Boards on the net. Get my stuff together, get showered/dressed, clean up after myself after brekkie. I have boiled eggs for breakfast along with tea and toast, so they all have to be prepared.

Fair enough if you can get yourself together in a shorter amount of time but rushing? Completely unnecessary stress if ye ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

If I'm in college for 9am, the alarm goes off at 7am and I snooze it for 15 minutes or so. Shower, dressed, hair styling done for 8am - my showers take forever because my hair is so long. Same goes for styling. And this is all depending on my not shaving my legs.

Breakfast at 8am, which I have to force down because it's too early for food. Brush teeth, do make up and out the door by 8:35 to walk to college. But if I'm dawdling it'll be more like 8:50. Nobody cares if you're late for college.

If I'm running late, the only part of my routine I refuse to skip is my make up (except clothes ofc). No way in hell will I go in without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

How much time is there between the time you get up out of bed and leave the house?

For me, I get up at 7 and the leave the house at 8. In that time I have a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast and relax with a coffee whilst watching tele. I hate rushing out the door.

You should address this issue first. Watching television between 7 and 8 - that thing shouldn't be touched until after work. I'm half messing with you, but I suppose if you have the time to do it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

When I lived near work, I'd get up at 9:10, be in work at 9:25. When I lived in the Clondalkin area I'd be up at 7:30, be at bus stop at 7:50 and barely make it in for half 9. Always have to have a coffee and cigarette before I leave. can't function without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

My morning routine seems to expand to fill whatever amount of time I have :( I could get up half an hour earlier and still be running around locking up 5 minutes after I was meant to leave, without knowing where the time went. But then there have been times where I've been called into work early/asked to meet someone at short notice and have managed to get ready and out the door in 15min. I still do my make-up and fix my hair on the Luas every day though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

what is this concept of which you speak...

Why are you wasting an hour to an hour and a half of sleep?

Get up - toilet
    Wash/get dressed
    Downstairs- make/eat breakfast
    Pack the lunch
    Toilet again ( yes, 2 times every morning, like clockwork )
    Relax with a coffee and think of the day ahead ( normally I only ever drink half the cup )
    Out the door

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Get up - toilet
    Wash/get dressed
    Downstairs- make/eat breakfast
    Pack the lunch
    Toilet again ( yes, 2 times every morning, like clockwork )
    Relax with a coffee and think of the day ahead ( normally I only ever drink half the cup )
    Out the door

Definitely prefer my routine of:

Stay in bed as long as possible
    Get up and get dressed straight away
    Wash teeth
    Straight down the stairs and out the door.

Its getting up so early when you don't need to that I can't understand surely you would rather get an extra hours sleep and speed up your routine. Getting up that early is my idea of hell, It's a long time since my feet hit the ground before 8am and I count that as early for me and I'd actually be struggling to get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I get out of the bed around 12.

Realise at about 12.05, that I'm still the King of the Aran Islands.

12.06 I'm back in bed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No I don't. I'm usually quite organised, If its gone 10 minutes since the alarm I just force myself to get up. If I find it hard to wake up, I play the radio and read the news on my phone and that usually gets me up! Sounds awful but it's gotta be done sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭starlit

How much time is there between the time you get up out of bed and leave the house?

For me, I get up at 7 and the leave the house at 8. In that time I have a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast and relax with a coffee whilst watching tele. I hate rushing out the door.

Not all the time but when I do it always race against the clock whether Iv loads of time to get ready or bare hour it's constant rush then. If I sleep well get hours I need I be likely wake on time if not snooze usually or alarm be my enemy either sleep in or be grumpy from alarm. I'm more likely to rush the breakfast when rushing. Rushing day shower dress breakfast drying hair make up and breakfast be a rushed job but try to get myself organised night before but still end up having last minute things to do if I forget something or forget to do something.

On normal day take my time breakfast then shower etc at my own pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Alarm at 6.05
    Up at 6.15
    Shower/breakfast/make lunch
    Out the door for 6.45
    Work for 9 :(
    Ridiculous routine, but not 5 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Start work @ half 8 . So out of bed at 8:10 , mad rush out the door and pray for no traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Have my big shower before bed,
    Wake up at 7, grind coffee and put on the Moka pot on, toast in the toaster, 2 minute shower of the vitals, dressed , pour coffee, butter toast, eat, drink.
    Leave the house at 7.30, work at 7.36.

From the moment my eyes are open, I'm planning my day ahead and everything is on auto pilot, I hate walking into work not pumped and ready to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

My old job was great. :D

Up out of the bed at 8:59. Switch on laptop and start working 9:00.

My new job, not so great.

Alarm goes off at 7:00, I eventually get up sometime between 7:10 and 8:30. Do the three S's. On the bike for 25mins, start work at either 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 or 9:30.

My old job was great. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jaysus, I'm getting worse.

Got to sleep in or around 3am.

Woke up at 5. Tried to go back to sleep til half five. Got up. Went for a run. Showered, dressed, make up, had coffee, went to work. Got into work for 9.15, though I don't start til 10. Had coffee again. Got home from work at 8.30pm. Somehow I'm still awake. No doubt I'll be up at 4 or 5 again tomorrow morning! :(

Definitely prefer my routine of:

Stay in bed as long as possible
    Get up and get dressed straight away
    Wash teeth
    Straight down the stairs and out the door.

Its getting up so early when you don't need to that I can't understand surely you would rather get an extra hours sleep and speed up your routine. Getting up that early is my idea of hell, It's a long time since my feet hit the ground before 8am and I count that as early for me and I'd actually be struggling to get up.

The reason I get up so early is to be physically ready for the day ahead. I travel around quite a bit from job to job and on some of these sites there could be a time when there is no toilet. I find I almost had to train my bodys system to ' visit the toilet ' at only certain times of the day, and its for this reason I like to get up early and be ahead of it. Its alao quite a nice peaceful time of the day aswell.

Advertisement