Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this true about Tommy Tiernan?

Options
  • 01-02-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

My aunt told me that he walked out on his wife and kids, not recently, but years ago. I didn't even know he was married before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

tis true, wasn't that long abo either approx 1-1.5yrs. I think he has 2-3 kids often seem him around galway with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"walked out on" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

tmalmb wrote: »
    tis true, wasn't that long abo either approx 1-1.5yrs. I think he has 2-3 kids often seem him around galway with them

His marriage didn't work? Big deal. Lots of them don't.

Doesn't mean that he "walked out on them".

I'm not a fan of Tiernan's but if you don't know what happened between himself and his ex-wife then I would hesitate to use the term "walked out". It implies abandonment which may not be the case at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

This is outside the realms of comedy and into the realms of Celebrity.

Thread moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm not a fan of Tiernan's but if you don't know what happened between himself and his ex-wife then I would hesitate to use the term "walked out". It implies abandonment which may not be the case at all.
    Well said.

I read a review of a radio show he was on a few weeks ago (Pat Kenny? Eamon Dunphy's weekend show? Can't remember) where it said he spoke about the marriage break-up and was pretty upset about it. Horrible thing for all involved to have to go through.

Slightly off-topic but I like that we don't know every last detail about the lives of famous Irish people (well, except for those that choose to appear in the Sindo every week....). There's a separation of their 'famous selves' and their private lives, which is uh, good. Much like my vocabulary at this hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    My aunt told me that he walked out on his wife and kids, not recently, but years ago. I didn't even know he was married before.

Close the curtains Lorrrs33.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

he wasnt married to her but they have three kids together. She was dropping him to the airport for a gig and he basically got out of car & said hed met someone else. Hes now living in Dalkey with his new girlfriend and they have a new baby girl together. Hes in Galway a lot with his other kids

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

C-J wrote: »
    Hes now living in Dalkey with his new girlfriend and they have a new baby girl together. Hes in Galway a lot with his other kids

Thought they were living out Menlo direction full time?

O/T, but did ye hear his new radio show on iRadio last Friday. Pretty funny stuff and if they don't force him (and that knob Hector) to tone it down after that show, I'd say they can expect plenty of complaints!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

i thoght TT was a man of princpals! man, was i wrong!

annie19 wrote: »
    i thoght TT was a man of princpals! man, was i wrong!
    Is the view nice from the moral high ground? :p

You know, this may be a crazy suggestion, but maybe the man just wasn't happy in his relationship - which doesn't make him some kind of unprincipled douchebag for walking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

He could have had a little more respect in fairness rather than doing it the way he did. I know his kids personally and to say theyre affected is an understatement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Well maybe if his kids had been a little bit better -- just maybe I'm saying -- that just maybe he would never have left them.

He's living in Dalkey?

Is his old family living on some run down council estate in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

wow, imagine that, a relationship breaking down...

CRUCIFY HIM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

makes him more human dontcha think???????

or should he have stayed in a loveless r'ship and screwed his kids up?

its never easy to leave someone... even less easy when ur scrutinised by the judgemental public....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

krd wrote: »
    Well maybe if his kids had been a little bit better -- just maybe I'm saying --

I dont believe you! seriously?? blame his children for the breakdown of a relationship. :eek: what next?

Unreal. Each to his own. If it's not working then get to hell out before real lasting emotional damage is caused to all concerned.

It must be awful having such personal things scrutinised by Joe Public. IMO kids are all that matters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

None of us know the details so we shouldn't really comment. Break up's are never simple "he got out of the car and said goodbye". There's always loads of other stuff going on over a long period of time. For all we know she was cheating, abusive, horrible, or maybe he was cheating, abusive, horrible. Or maybe the love between them just died. Who knows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Stargal wrote: »

Slightly off-topic but I like that we don't know every last detail about the lives of famous Irish people (well, except for those that choose to appear in the Sindo every week....). There's a separation of their 'famous selves' and their private lives, which is uh, good. Much like my vocabulary at this hour.

yeah very true! thats why theres some famous irish people that you never get sick of, and some your sick of after a week simply because they whore themselves out to every possible branch of the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

He was married and left his wife and three children for someone else.

That makes him a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

themadchef wrote: »
    I dont believe you! seriously?? blame his children for the breakdown of a relationship. :eek: what next?

Unreal. Each to his own. If it's not working then get to hell out before real lasting emotional damage is caused to all concerned.

It must be awful having such personal things scrutinised by Joe Public. IMO kids are all that matters here.

You clearly don't know what sarcasm is. He was joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

IanCurtis wrote: »

That makes him a prick.

You have no idea about circumstances etc. so you really ought not to rush to judgment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

That makes him a prick.
    Clearly you need to read. A few posts up has it in plain text that he wasn't married. :rolleyes:

That makes him a prick.
    Watch the language there. Since no-one seems to know the actual facts of what happened, let's everyone calm down a bit, mmmkay?

/Off-topic:
    Lol @ the fact that jdivision and IanCurtis posted beside each other in the same thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Three kids is as good as married.

And I do know the circumstances as I know one of the parties involved very well, obviously not gonna name names.

(apologies for bad language earlier too)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That makes him a prick.
    I don't think anyone called IanCurtis has the right to moralise on adultery...

Advertisement