Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESTAURANT IDEAS

Options
  • 16-04-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

Help!! My youngest sister will be 40 this June and I want to organise a night out etc. She lives in Monaghan and we live in Cavan. Can anyone suggest a good restaurant, nice pub with traditional music (if possible) somewhere between Monaghan and Cavan. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

ISK

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Questions like this are best suited to the region involved because you're more likely to get helpful replies there. I'm moving it to the Cavan forum because it seems busier than the Monaghan forum.
    Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crossdoney

TA DIZZY BLONDE, I ONLY NEW AT THIS GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Nice places to eat.

Black Horse, Side Door, Ko's, The Imperial.

As for music, your more looking for pub grub that a restaurant. Might have to leave to go somewhere else for music.
    I'm sure someone will say where the music is on I can only think of Blessings on the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Cootehill (about 12miles from both) has Murphys, really nice food, though atmosphere sadly lacking. Might be a bit of life about the town afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Went to the olde post inn for a meal a few months back for a special occasion and loved the food. I don't think they do music and it is a good bit from Cavan town. Closer to Cavan I have been to the side door restaurant before and liked the food.

Link: http://theoldepostinn.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement