Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Accommodation for artistic project - Castletroy Housing Estates

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,

I am writing with an unusual request. I am an artist and my current area of research will see me working in the local housing estates in the Castletroy area from September 2011 - May 2012.

As part of my research I require a house with a minimum of three bedrooms (max 5!) for the academic year in which to base my project. With the help of funding I will be renting the entire house myself.

At present, the majority of suitable houses have already been taken up by very organised UL students! I preferably would prefer a house in one of the following areas:

- Elm Park
    - Milford Grange
    - Heidlberg
    - Milford Avene
    - Compostella
    - Chestnut Close
    - Alder Close
    - Avignon
    - El Dorado
    - Dun An Oir
    - Louvain
    - Avilla

At a push, I would also accept a house in College Court and the surrounding streets of College Court (Harvard Close etc).

I am hopeful that someone out there either a) has a property available or b) can put me in touch with someone who has.

You can be rest assured that the house will be left in perfect condition and that the project that will be undertaken will be a positive effect on the local community.

Feel free to PM with any questions / information.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would recommend our parent site of daft.ie for rental accommodation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kunstenaar

Thanks Clareman,

I've checked daft.ie but all suitable accomdation has been taken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

A rake of houses will come up in the next few months as the students leave. I know a lot have left already, the landlords are more than likely cleaning up these houses to get them ready for living in again :pac:, so keep looking over the next few weeks and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kunstenaar

*bump!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Amateurish

If you drive into any of the 'student' estates within a mile of UL you'll see phone numbers in the windows. There are plenty vacant. Any chance you will tell us what you will be doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Amateurish wrote: »
    Any chance you will tell us what you will be doing?

I dont think I want to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

I am looking for a house for a friend in milford grange or around. Most of the houses are for summer only, if there is any available for year around please let me know as well. He is a family of 2+2 kids, any reco. would be great,

thanks

aspasp1

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Get in touch with the Residents Association, they would be interested probably. What's the study about?

Advertisement