Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG the unthinkable happened...

Options
  • 22-11-2005 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

Mac Lovers

I am distraught to announce that the black screen of death hit my darling iMac moments ago. Early reports say that she appears unhurt from this dispicable incident, but I am in bits.... please re-assure me that she will be all right.

*sobs*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Stop poisoning it with alien software!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

She'll be alright after she's fixed. It's not an old iMac is it? I had a problem with the logic board and iirc got a bsod, although it was still under warranty.

:/ get well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Gordon wrote:
    She'll be alright after she's fixed. It's not an old iMac is it? I had a problem with the logic board and iirc got a bsod, although it was still under warranty.

:/ get well soon

No, it's a 1.6Gig G 5 version and is about 6 months old with 10.3.9 running it.

Many many thanks for the kind words of recovery GUYS ND GALS, she seems well thus far so I'll run a diagnostic when I get a chance to. All donations to be sent to the Mac Shop lol

I actually reckon the issue with it was to do with some heftly work with iTunes today and specifically ripping off some CD's I had got from a Windoze mate about 3 years back. Don't ask me what software he burned discs onto back then, but the 3 discs he rattled of for me would rip 3/4 of the music then stall iTunes altogether. I'd end up force quitting to retry but it ended up being an issue with just these discs, which I have looked afrer as best as I can. And I have ripped off other Microsoft burnt discs with no problems as well as loads of shop pre burnt discs aka Music discs, so I'm banking on those 3 CD's being the nasty ones.

Bastards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement