Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing An Post mail

Options
  • 20-06-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My brother forwarded on my post from my home address in wexford on friday before last, 10th of june. I'm living in castletroy and it hasn't arrived yet! I've filled in the online form for missing post on An Posts website and I'm going to ask in my local post office this evening, but does anyone know what else I could do? The letter unfortunetly wasn't registered and it was an A4 envelope... I assume there's no way of tracking it? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

If he just crossed out the address and wrote the new address they may not forward it to you. They stopped redirecting for free months ago

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1119/anpost-business.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭emarfrog

I would check with the neighbours as a last resort! Once our postman dropped all of no. 55's mail into our house which was no 54! Poor man was just a bit distracted and it never happened before or since! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Already asked the neighbours, and there was a few different envelopes so they were all put into one A4 one... Post office said all you can do is fill in the online form but i read someone did that and it took 2months to get a reply...

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/156508-items-go-missing-post-2.html
    seanmac, last post second page..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I filled in one of those missing post forms before after an item i had tracking on got as far as dublin then stopped. 3 weeks later the post turned up followed by another 2 weeks before i got a response saying it had been delivered.

Id fill in the form OP but dont rely on it for any kind of result

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I received a large package from Greece this morning via An Post and it took three days short of a month to receive. It was sent from Greece on May 24th and the sender was able to tell me via his tracking number, that it arrived in Ireland in three-four days.

Where does a parcel sit in Ireland for three weeks awaiting delivery?
    It bears an EPG Priority Parcel sticker whatever that means?

At least it arrived in one piece. My faith in An Post's EPG Priority Parcel service is thrown into doubt though!

John.

John

• Advertisement

tippman1 wrote: »
    Where does a parcel sit in Ireland for three weeks awaiting delivery?

No idea, but its a joke! Someone should put a camera in a parcel someday and see...;) I had to send back a part to peats yesterday and I'm scared that wont arrive now either, I think its all a big vendetta against me :rolleyes:

But I was talking to my post lady this morning and she was so helpful!! She took my name down and when it was posted and where, and she's going to see can she track it down on the computers and ask the postman who was on for her replacement last week! What a helpful woman she was!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

georgem25 wrote: »
    If he just crossed out the address and wrote the new address they may not forward it to you. They stopped redirecting for free months ago

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1119/anpost-business.html

OP: If your brother did not put postage on for forwarding mail to you then it will be returned to him!!!! It's probably lounging around a mail sorting facility as I type :)

Sundew wrote: »
    OP: If your brother did not put postage on for forwarding mail to you then it will be returned to him!!!! It's probably lounging around a mail sorting facility as I type :)

Really???? You need stamps now????? :eek::eek::eek:

He put 3 on it. :-l

:rolleyes:

Advertisement