Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for my order....

• 24-11-2005 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

hi
    I bought a 14"ibook , an airport extreme base station and a mighty mouse from the apple site on the 12th nov.
    When i got the order confirmation email, it said I could check the shipment progress. So i have been, and it says that it arrived in amsterdam on monday at 11am and that it was out for delivery at 1p.m The thing is, that hasnt changed and its now thursday 23rd.
    I was just wondering if it usually takes this long for an apple delivery? I'm going to ring the apple store just to ask about it tomorrow, but i'm just checking to see if it happens to all orders, or just mine.
    Or maybe im just being impatient....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Man, sometimes it can and will take that long! The courier company that carries the products will be the one who can explain the delay, and not Apple, so try them directly, as Apple will probably tell you to do this anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I ordered something from the American store on the 5th and delivery has been delayed until the 8th of December. I'm also still waiting for about a month for my new computer to arrive into Greece. I know it's a different story to yours but Apple have never been speedy in my experience. I'm past that impatient stage now though, hopefully you'll surpass it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

ya i ordered my imac on the 28 of august, got it 2 1/2 weeks later, on the day they brought out the new version, which was a bit of a downer, but definaty worth the wait, i'd love if they sold front row with a bluetooth remote and smaller isight, mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I would not agree that Apple are always slow, Gordon! 2 years back, I ordered my Powerbook over the phone with extra RAM on a Thursday afternoon and it was delivered to me the next Thursday morning, which impressed me big time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

TNT tracking for my 12" iBook ordered on September 29, 2005:

Date Time Location Status
    10 Oct 2005 11:51 Dublin Delivered
    10 Oct 2005 09:34 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    10 Oct 2005 08:32 Dublin Out For Delivery
    07 Oct 2005 15:43 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    07 Oct 2005 15:43 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
    05 Oct 2005 18:00 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
    05 Oct 2005 17:09 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Thanks guys.
    I rang apple and the woman said that it would probably be delivered on the 29th, according to a estimate by the delivery company, so 17 days to deliver.. And there i was thinking I would have it before all my essays would have to be handed in. Ah well at least its on its way :D

Advertisement