Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best way to promote the city of limerick?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Beer festival would be great. And other festivals - an annual arts festival? an annual food festival?

Boat racing in the Shannon? Other fun boating activities, like dragon boats?

Definitely clear up the litter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Ireland ever enter a team in the IRB Sevens circuit Limerick should lobby extremely hard to get to host a leg of the circuit.

The Sevens has a big party atmosphere so would take over the whole city if run correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

Some really great ideas here I must say. The entities charged with city event 'management' here are lame and careless and have done nothing for family events especially. I do know representations have been made to the City Council, and their response is something along the lines of 'but we already have x,y,z festivals, and anyway so & so company runs them. Not a great effort in fairness from the city officials.

I think it was in the topic of the Opera Ctr and it's future where I saw probably the best idea so far: Develop a 'city square' within it. Then the discussion degraded into all the statues we already have which are great attractions!! I think a city square is an excellent idea, a natural 'venue' for all kinds of secure events: music, arts, sports even?

Whatever events are in our future, we NEED to take a leaf from the Galway way of doing things. Simply put: exclude the scobes from the area. Physically stop them at barriers. This worked perfectly when I was there during the Volvo races. Not a hoodie in sight, friendly atmosphere, everyone friendly, and everyone felt welcome by the bars and clubs and casual security and Gardaí.

And for the human rights activists and nannies reading this:
    I assert MY right to attend without harassment, intimidation, theft or thuggery. There.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

. . . . The good thing about the market quarter is that it is compact, that dynamic works well on Quay street in Galway and that's what the Market Quarter has to aim for.

A bit of wishful thinking here on my part, but I would love to see Dolan’s Pub and Warehouse relocate to the old Quin’s Bonded Store on Ellen Street and Workspace on Michael Street.

It would help to create an even greater concentration of nightlife entertainment in the Market Quarter thus making it a magnet for the whole region.

The Dock Road is pretty much off the beaten track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

A bit of wishful thinking here on my part, but I would love to see Dolan’s Pub and Warehouse relocate to the old Quin’s Bonded Store on Ellen Street and Workspace on Michael Street.

It would help to create an even greater concentration of nightlife entertainment in the Market Quarter thus making it a magnet for the whole region.

The Dock Road is pretty much off the beaten track?

Yes, I miss Quin's, a gentle place I sometimes went to at lunchtime.

Advertisement