Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wanted : Services ramps

Options
  • 10-10-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Wanted: info on where you would get a good quality and safe heavy duty car/jeep/van services ramps, have being looking around in a few local car parts/auto care shops but these are very light quality 1.5 to 2 ton ramps.
    "I wont feel to safe under a vehicle with these holding the jeep up" :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What car is it for? 2 ton ramps should be fine.
    Halfords carry some but check too with local factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭shanye

Need one for large van and three ton jeep Halfords are to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Andrew_Doran

The welded up ramps were no good for me so I made timber ramps. Two 16' lengths of 9x2 from the builders providers, under 20 notes each, pre-drilled holes for nails to avoid splitting, wood glue, and a couple of handles screwed onto the side to carry them.

Something like this:

mwramps20.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

I could be mistaken but I think (don't know for sure ) ramps are rated per ramp. So 2 ton is maximum weight per ramp.

As your driving 3 ton jeep up on two ramps, it be 1.5 ton per ramp and if you take into account weight distribution on wheels that are still on the groung it is less weight on the ramp.

Like the idea of the planks great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭shanye

The plank ideas is the job... them ones in the shop are ok for your small to many accidents with them flimsy ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement