Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good chocolate bar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

It reminds me of kinky sex for gurlz what like food and bondage - those ridges are intense!!!

The bigger the ridges, the better ;)

jokettle wrote: »
    Yes I have and yes they are :) 7 heart attacks in one conveniently delicious package!

Get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with that bad boy and you're all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    heehee! :D well anything to do with candy, yes! lol or girls

You're into girls :eek:
    Tell me more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

kfallon wrote: »
    You're into girls :eek:
    Tell me more :D

lol :D

lol :D

Oh yeah, leave me hanging.....:(

I always liked the macaroon bars too as a cheap alternative when younger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I use to love Cadburys Dairy Milk with a packet of King Crisps as a kid. Great combo, Would prob puke now if I had it.

oh yeah, macaroon, goodie bag, and m&j magazine! woah that takes me way back! :)

JonB wrote: »
    I use to love Cadburys Dairy Milk with a packet of King Crisps as a kid. Great combo, Would prob puke now if I had it.

oh no, thats still delish tbh! :D
    same as popcorn & maltesers/minstrels! cinema isnt the cinema without it imho

JonB wrote: »

You just reminded me of those cadburys snaps that were out a while ago. Just like a box of chocolate pringles, yummy.

oh yeah, macaroon, goodie bag, and m&j magazine! woah that takes me way back! :)

Macaroon bar, packet of Frosties and a packet of Meanies crisps....30p 'all in' back in the day, couldn't go wrong!

You really are our resident sweet expert aren't you!

Now what the fook was 'M&J' magazine?

• Advertisement

Macaroon bar, packet of Frosties and a packet of Meanies crisps....30p 'all in' back in the day, couldn't go wrong!

You really are our resident sweet expert aren't you!

Now what the fook was 'M&J' magazine?

Mandy & Judy, they combined them to make it more competitive against 'Bunty':)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

mmmmmmmm I love any chocolate bar that would melt in my mouth! :p
    mmmmmmmm delicious!:o

Usual culprits mars bar, dairy milk, ferrero rocher, aero, galaxy - mistletoe/bubbles, boxes of roses/celebrations any chocolate I can get my hands on even the dark/white kind mainly milk chocolate ones though! Anything with nuts/carmel/truffle in them mmmmm! plain ones ultimately my favourite as they just can melt in my mouth!:cool:

nom nom nom I wants chocolate now....! :D

ps mars/cadburies/nestle usual brands....

lol yep pretty much!! :)
    Wow! yep exactly what M&J was, miss that :(, and Ellegirl :(
    would always get Dandy, Beano, M&J, and bunty, and still have money left from my pocket money! :eek:

would always get Dandy, Beano, M&J, and bunty, and still have money left from my pocket money! :eek:

You got way too much pocket money!!!
    So M&J was bascially a magazine for teenage girls with pictures of the current singing haerthrob or sporting dreamboat then???

Afternoon Snuggles!

I think I have all the annuals upstairs somewhere. i must have spent a fortune on them growing up.

Now back to chocolate... not a fan of revels, I don't like being surprised with a raisin.

mmmmmmmm I love any chocolate bar that would melt in my mouth! :p
    mmmmmmmm delicious!:o

Usual culprits mars bar, dairy milk, ferrero rocher, aero, galaxy - mistletoe/bubbles, boxes of roses/celebrations any chocolate I can get my hands on even the dark/white kind mainly milk chocolate ones though! Anything with nuts/carmel/truffle in them mmmmm! plain ones ultimately my favourite as they just can melt in my mouth!:cool:

nom nom nom I wants chocolate now....! :D

ps mars/cadburies/nestle usual brands....

Typing "I like all chocolate" would have been quicker :D

Typing "I like all chocolate" would have been quicker :D

yes I suppose it would have been...just got carried away!:o

yes I suppose it would have been...just got carried away!:o

Chocolate and sex are the only things that have this affect on people :D

So M&J was bascially a magazine for teenage girls with pictures of the current singing haerthrob or sporting dreamboat then???

Afternoon Snuggles!

In the latter years, yes. It was more cartoons for girls with speech bubbles to tell the stories, some of which were ongoing. All about growing up, harnessing your talents, finding true friendship, being confident. Boys were only a backdrop really.

Afternoon Snuggles!

lol not really lol, i got 5pounds till i was 15 or 16 i think, just goes to show how much better our money used to be lol

and in answer to your 2nd question, yes lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bars that are just pure chocolate like wispas, twirls etc are for me. when you dip them in tea and then lick the melted chocolate, yummy!

lol not really lol, i got 5pounds till i was 15 or 16 i think, just goes to show how much better our money used to be lol

and in answer to your 2nd question, yes lol

I can see it, sitting there eating chocolate, giggling excitedly over the poster of New Kids On The Block with no tops on.....but that's enough about my youth :D:D:D

mojesius wrote: »
    I think I have all the annuals upstairs somewhere. i must have spent a fortune on them growing up.

Now back to chocolate... not a fan of revels, I don't like being surprised with a raisin.

:eek::eek: really?! me too, but i moved a good bit when i was younger that i lost or sold or had to throw some out :( (sooooo regret that)

if your ever selling il buy your buntys or m&js off you! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

The cheap pralines that are shaped like shellfish that you get in Lidl. €2 or something for a box. How so cheap? For such deliciousness?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What makes a good chocolate bar? Chocolate - or, to be specific, a high cocoa content. Typical milk chocolate is in the 20-30% range, dark chocolate in the 40-50% range, but that's not enough for me. Lindt 70% is a good place to start, they make an 85% bar too, but I'm determined to find their Excellence 99% bar somewhere. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

:eek::eek: really?! me too, but i moved a good bit when i was younger that i lost or sold or had to throw some out :( (sooooo regret that)

if your ever selling il buy your buntys or m&js off you! lol

I'll let you know - they're buried in the attic. My mam has Judy and Bunty annuals dating back to the 1960s.

mojesius wrote: »
    I'll let you know - they're buried in the attic. My mam has Judy and Bunty annuals dating back to the 1960s.

:eek::eek: Wow! thats me sorted lol
    cool, well if you ever are anyway :)

btw just an off topic question, Would you know where to get any back issues of Ellegirl (the english edition)?

:eek::eek: Wow! thats me sorted lol
    cool, well if you ever are anyway :)

btw just an off topic question, Would you know where to get any back issues of Ellegirl (the english edition)?

Hmm...I'd imagine ebay, everything's on there. I didn't buy it, my weekly pocket money budget wouldn't stretch to cover that :)

• Advertisement

Afternoon Snuggles!

Well Good Afternoon Sir Fallon!

Chocolate and sex are the only things that have this affect on people :D

Well I was wondering when you'd bring that up! lol! :p

Advertisement