Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanished in the mountains

Options
  • 31-07-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

They are doing a documentary on it on TV3 Tuesday,at ten oclock.

They are finally doing something on the missing women and Wicklow .The detective who was apart of the investigations is in it also.He reiterates we have a serial killer he believes.
    I am looking forward to it.But will they have other information that might lead to a new breakthrough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

caseyann wrote: »

They are finally doing something on the missing women and Wicklow .The detective who was apart of the investigations is in it also.He reiterates we have a serial killer he believes.
    I am looking forward to it.But will they have other information that might lead to a new breakthrough?

And give it a premier airing on TV3? I think not.

Isn't he meant to be in jail already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

No, the documentary won't have any new information that hasn't already been passed on to the gardai.
    Hate to be a pessimist but it's probably going to be schlocky piece of crap, as per the usual attempts that tv3 commissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

And give it a premier airing on TV3? I think not.

Isn't he meant to be in jail already?

Its alleged,and i am interested to see what he has to say in relation to the serial killer at large statement.

p.s sorry i meant.From the it, will they receive new information.Might jog someones mind.

Its alleged,and i am interested to see what he has to say in relation to the serial killer at large statement.
    Is the fella from the other thread going to be on the show, or do you mean the garda?

Nevore wrote: »
    No, the documentary won't have any new information that hasn't already been passed on to the gardai.
    Hate to be a pessimist but it's probably going to be schlocky piece of crap, as per the usual attempts that tv3 commissions.

I hope your wrong and do justice to them.
    I am curious to see,as they said they were going to look at the links between the missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Didn't they already get some of the best criminologists from the FBI to look into this.. or did I dream that? =/

I'd love to see some developments in these cases but I honestly think the trails are too cold now

Is the fella from the other thread going to be on the show, or do you mean the garda?

Its the families and the detective and a reporter i believe from what i saw of the add.I dont know if they are going to show him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Conspiracy Theories forum
    >>>

Didn't they already get some of the best criminologists from the FBI to look into this.. or did I dream that? =/

I'd love to see some developments in the case but I honestly think the trail is too cold now

yes thats right.And they said serial killer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

yes thats right.And they said serial killer.

Any link?

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Any link?

A PAIR of serial killers may be on the loose in Ireland, said an FBI expert who has studied the cases of six missing women.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/FBI+FEAR+SERIAL+KILLER+PAIR+BEHIND+LOST+GIRLS;+Expert+says...-a060143564

I have better links then this one,i will get it later ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

It has long been suggested that xxxxxx may have been involved in numerous high-profile cases of missing women. Even his own brother xxxxxx has his suspicions.

“There’s nobody gone missing (since) and I find it difficult now to believe that he wasn’t involved. I can’t put my hand on my heart and say he didn’t do it or that he did do it,” he said starkly.

the scummer is out soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

When is he supposed to be out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Can't wait for them to pull the rubber mask off Martin king to reveal him as the serial killer.
    "Hah ha ho ho, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids"

When is he supposed to be out?

August 23rd.From what i have read they believe it to be more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Cereal killer to give viewers the finger, preview here

@amdublin here you go. Murphy has been effectively ruled out of involvement in the cases of Ciara Breen, Fiona Pender and Fiona Sinnott, but gardai believe he kidnapped and murdered the other three women.
    Jailed rapist Larry Murphy has emerged as the only prime suspect in the women's disappearances. The FBI agents concluded that the modus operandi and profile of the unknown suspect fitted Larry Murphy in three of the cases.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/how-fbi-were-drafted-in-to-probe-serial-killer-fears-in-mystery-of-missing-women-2027116.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

@amdublin here you go. Murphy has been effectively ruled out of involvement in the cases of Ciara Breen, Fiona Pender and Fiona Sinnott, but gardai believe he kidnapped and murdered the other three women.
    Jailed rapist Larry Murphy has emerged as the only prime suspect in the women's disappearances. The FBI agents concluded that the modus operandi and profile of the unknown suspect fitted Larry Murphy in three of the cases.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/how-fbi-were-drafted-in-to-probe-serial-killer-fears-in-mystery-of-missing-women-2027116.html

Thanks for that Caseyann..It says in that article that Ciara Breen left her house to meet an unknown person. There is a local man that she was sneaking out at night to see at the time. My brother knows him..knew he was seeing Ciara. All her friends knew too.He was a lot older than her, though seemingly since her disappearance he's denied being with her, despite her friends' statements to the contrary. He's the chief suspect.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Caseyann..It says in that article that Ciara Breen left her house to meet an unknown person. There is a local man that she was sneaking out at night to see at the time. My brother knows him..knew he was seeing Ciara. All her friends knew too.He was a lot older than her, though seemingly since her disappearance he's denied being with her, despite her friends' statements to the contrary. He's the chief suspect.

Really i never heard anything about him as a suspect.Its awful sad.
    I was at a bus stop about five years ago,some guy pulled up (and dont laugh the oh so skeptical) in a white van.It was a country road.A girl was standing across the road from me at the other bus stop.I walked to the door thinking he wanted directions.And he asked me to get in the van,do i need a lift? Now considering this road goes to four different locations.He didnt even ask me where i was going:confused: I denied the lift and he cursed at me.I can say honestly for what happened to them women i never take a lift.

I was at a bus stop about five years ago,some guy pulled up (and dont laugh the oh so skeptical) in a white van.It was a country road.A girl was standing across the road from me at the other bus stop.I walked to the door thinking he wanted directions.And he asked me to get in the van,do i need a lift? Now considering this road goes to four different locations.He didnt even ask me where i was going:confused: I denied the lift and he cursed at me.I can say honestly for what happened to them women i never take a lift.

Feck Casey Ann, lucky you didn't get in. Might've been worth getting his number plate, just in case someone did end up going missing in the area.

A man asked me for directions once during the missing women years. He asked me for directions to a brewery. I told him there were two breweries on the suburbs of town. I thought it was odd that he didn't even know the name of the one he was looking for.

I'm terrible at giving directions but I did my best to direct him to both. He then suggested I got in and showed him, that he could give me a lift. I said no thanks (but my heart started to beat a little bit faster at this point). He kept saying 'are you sure? sure it's starting to rain'. I told him I was turning the next corner about two hundred yards down the road which was in a different direction to where he was going'. He said 'sure go on, Ill leave you that far'. It was getting awkward refusing so many times.Eventually, he drove off.

He seemed nice, a business man type. Probably meant no harm. I thought it was odd that he offered a woman he didn't know a lift at the time when it was all over the news about the missing women and I did feel at the time that he wasn't really taking in the directions I was giving him. It felt as if he was waiting to interrupt me.

It crossed my mind to get a number plate but I couldn't make it all out as it was grubby and he drove quickly.

• Advertisement

Feck Casey Ann, lucky you didn't get in. Might've been worth getting his number plate, just in case someone did end up going missing in the area.

A man asked me for directions once during the missing women years. He asked me for directions to a brewery. I told him there were two breweries on the suburbs of town. I thought it was odd that he didn't even know the name of the one he was looking for.

I'm terrible at giving directions but I did my best to direct him to both. He then suggested I got in and showed him, that he could give me a lift. I said no thanks (but my heart started to beat a little bit faster at this point). He kept saying 'are you sure? sure it's starting to rain'. I told him I was turning the next corner about two hundred yards down the road which was in a different direction to where he was going'. He said 'sure go on, Ill leave you that far'. It was getting awkward refusing so many times.Eventually, he drove off.

He seemed nice, a business man type. Probably meant no harm. I thought it was odd that he offered a woman he didn't know a lift at the time when it was all over the news about the missing women and I did feel at the time that he wasn't really taking in the directions I was giving him. It felt as if he was waiting to interrupt me.

It crossed my mind to get a number plate but I couldn't make it all out as it was grubby and he drove quickly.

I know,he sped off wheels spinning like i offended him,blinking oddball :D The girl on other side to me said are you ok,i told her what happened and she thought was very strange aswell.But he took off way to fast to get a plate.I was kind of shaken.
    You are very lucky you didnt get in either.I seriously cant understand why a complete stranger would offer you a lift when you arent asking for one.He could have been genuine but you are right not to take the chance.What was it my OH said,if i ever even need to get a taxi ask him for his number and send to him in front of him with text.He is very protective of me :p

It might help jog peoples memories or make them consider someone they know and bring new information with this documentary airing on Tuesday.

He could have been offering because he was concerned there was a killer going around targetting vulnerable and presumably alone women. :rolleyes:

People are so quick to presume the worst. I tried to help a very obviously lost tourist couple the other night wandering around a slightly dodgy area and they looked at me like I was going to rape and murder them.

He could have been offering because he was concerned there was a killer going around targetting vulnerable and presumably alone women. :rolleyes:

People are so quick to presume the worst. I tried to help a very obviously lost tourist couple the other night wandering around a slightly dodgy area and they looked at me like I was going to rape and murder them.

Where were they from? lol thats different there is two of them, Rather i assume the worst then take a chance.The guy was cursing at me after i said no to a lift,and he pulled over out of the blue for no reason at all. If you cant tell me thats odd.Then you are naive.

Would you stop and offer a strange woman a lift? Would you not be afraid you'd be thought a weirdo? Sad, but in this day and age, I would've been mad to accept a lift in those circumstances from a stranger. Anyway, I did say he probably meant no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

People are so quick to presume the worst. .

LOL,
    its called being aware ,
    and I assume you are a guy, because if you were a woman , youd likely be a mound of earth in the dublin mountains at this stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Was it this guy?If so you lucked out....he seems sinister but he is actually great craic......his name is Richard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

That depraved c<>t Murphy is scheduled to be released on August 10th. No wonder they commissioned this programme.

How lucky must that woman feel that those hunter lads happened to be walking at that particular spot in the Wicklow mountains?

They better keep a close eye on the c<>t once they release him. I think of him every time I walk by Arbour Hill.

Would you stop and offer a strange woman a lift? Would you not be afraid you'd be thought a weirdo? Sad, but in this day and age, I would've been mad to accept a lift in those circumstances from a stranger. Anyway, I did say he probably meant no harm.
    I would have in the past, probably not any longer though after reading this thread. Or stop to change a tyre, or help with a pram, sure I could be a pedophile if I did that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I would have in the past, probably not any longer though after reading this thread. Or stop to change a tyre, or help with a pram, sure I could be a pedophile if I did that. :rolleyes:

I think Nevore is getting a bit of a hard time.

If it were me, I would absolutely offer a woman help with a tyre, or a lift in a car(if I drove), and it would never occur to me that she might think I was weird.

That said it depends how you do it. If its raining, and you say, where are you heading to, and she is going in your direction, then you might say I am going that direction do you want a lift, and if she says no then leave it, dont go trying to talk her into it, because that will come across as weird.

On many irish roads, you're safer in the car than walking on the the side of it.

• Advertisement

Both those scenarios are nothing like what you are mocking in mine.If you pulled over to a bus stop and not looking for directions and asked some girl who was not under distress did she want a lift.How would you view yourself?

Advertisement