Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think being dyslexic is an excuse for poor comunication skills?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

storm2811 wrote: »
    Is art and dyslexia associated somehow?
    I know a few dyslexics who are amazing at art.

Yep well not so much associated generally Dyslexic people are very creative they think out side of the box, because we have to learn in a different way we think differently we see things from other perspectives, So when it comes to anything creative...

We take different approaches may not be the normal approach but we get there.

Personally speaking I make an effort with spelling and grammar.. I know people who are well able to spell, but don't bother. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

storm2811 wrote: »
    Is art and dyslexia associated somehow?
    I know a few dyslexics who are amazing at art.

Just read through the thread and saw no one answered this, but from what I know (I'm no doctor or anything) people who have dyslexia do tend to be quite skilled at practical things (like art)

Edit : Completely missed Snow Monkeys post :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bluewolf wrote: »
    Tbh the problem with an over-reliance on spell check is that people won't know how to cope without it. We use computers a lot, yes, but sometimes handwriting is called for. It's a bit like saying we don't need to know how to do sums because we have calculators.
    I also think spell check doesn't always know what you're trying to say...
    I wouldn't agree with that, not the bit about it not knowing what your trying to say, as sometimes it's just way off. But having the spell checker constantly correct you on words you eventually learn the word. It can be harder for a dyslectic to learn all the words though, as it's been said already we're remembering the word as a symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

You spelled received wrong.

Couldn't resist, sorry.

Advertisement