Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would someone be able to quickly do this Payables Control Account for me?

• 11-01-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm in the middle of studying because I have an exam tomorrow and I'm trying to study control accounts. This particular one I have some problems with and I can't seem to get it right. I'm sure the solution is really simple! Here it is:

At 31st December 2012, the balance on the Payables Control account in O’Callaghan’s General Ledger was €10,430. The total list of balances on the suppliers’ personal accounts was €8,399.

The accounts were reviewed and the following errors were discovered:

The Purchases Day Book had been overcast by €680.

The Purchases Returns Day Book had been totaled as €10,534 instead of €10,435.

A purchases return valued at €750 was entered in the accounts as a purchase.

A cheque paid to a supplier K. Shanley €1,200 had been debited to Shanley’s A/C as €2,100.

Discount allowed of €350 had not been entered in the accounts.

An addition error on a personal A/C meant that the balance was understated by €550

If you could just get the control account and the personal list to balance that would be so great! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

The Purchases Day Book had been overcast by €680. PLC reduce by 680.

The Purchases Returns Day Book had been totaled as €10,534 instead of €10,435. PLC increase by 99.

It could be that this error applies to both the PLC and the list!

A cheque paid to a supplier K. Shanley €1,200 had been debited to Shanley’s A/C as €2,100. Reduce the list by 900.

Discount allowed of €350 had not been entered in the accounts. This applies to both

An addition error on a personal A/C meant that the balance was understated by €550. Increase the list by €550.

Does that help? I've not checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

Alan Shore wrote: »
    The Purchases Day Book had been overcast by €680. PLC reduce by 680.

The Purchases Returns Day Book had been totaled as €10,534 instead of €10,435. PLC increase by 99.

It could be that this error applies to both the PLC and the list!

A cheque paid to a supplier K. Shanley €1,200 had been debited to Shanley’s A/C as €2,100. Reduce the list by 900.

Discount allowed of €350 had not been entered in the accounts. This applies to both

An addition error on a personal A/C meant that the balance was understated by €550. Increase the list by €550.

Does that help? I've not checked.

Thank you very much for your help but it still isn't working out!

On the debit of the control account I've put the overcast of 680, the PRDB error of 1500 (750x2 because 750 was incorrectly treated as a purchase) and the discount allowed of 350.

On the credit of the control account I have the PRDB error of 99 resulting in a balance b/d of 7999. I think I may have done something wrong because the purchases returns are suppose to be on the debit.

The balance b/d of 7999 isn't matching with the corrected balance in the list as 9349.

The funny thing is I am well able to do these kind of questions but this one in particular is testing me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mikado123

I'm in the middle of studying because I have an exam tomorrow and I'm trying to study control accounts. This particular one I have some problems with and I can't seem to get it right. I'm sure the solution is really simple! Here it is:

At 31st December 2012, the balance on the Payables Control account in O’Callaghan’s General Ledger was €10,430. The total list of balances on the suppliers’ personal accounts was €8,399.

The accounts were reviewed and the following errors were discovered:

The Purchases Day Book had been overcast by €680.

The Purchases Returns Day Book had been totaled as €10,534 instead of €10,435.

A cheque paid to a supplier K. Shanley €1,200 had been debited to Shanley’s A/C as €2,100.

Discount allowed of €350 had not been entered in the accounts.

An addition error on a personal A/C meant that the balance was understated by €550

If you could just get the control account and the personal list to balance that would be so great! Thanks :)

On Debtors Control Account ;Op Bal - 10430
    DR the 680,750 &350 -
    Closing balance €8650

On Suppliers Balances Account ; Op Bal 8399
    DR 99 & 550, CR 900
    - Closing Balance €8650

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

mikado123 wrote: »
    On Debtors Control Account ;Op Bal - 10430
    DR the 680,750 &350 -
    Closing balance €8650

On Suppliers Balances Account ; Op Bal 8399