Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

installing jvc kw-r400 in 06 ford focus

• 31-07-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hello,

I wish to install a JVC KW-R400 in an 06 Ford Focus.

I also want the stalk controls to work with the unit.

I purchased a ford stalk adapter and patch lead and was told it would do the job.

the codes of these products are:

1) PC99-X50 (Stalk adapter)
    2) PC99-JVC (Patch Lead)

When I installed the unit, the everthing works, except the stalk controls. :(

I've followed the instructions clearly but cannot seem to get the control working.

this is what i done:

1) connected the adapter up to the patch lead and to the wire block in the car itself (but left the patch lead jack out of the rear aux on the unit)
    2) turned on the ignition, found a radio station with RDS and stored it in memory
    3)turned off the ignition (and unit)
    4)connected the jack into the rear-aux on the unit
    5)turned on the ignition

The stored radio station playes through the speakers immediately but the steering wheel stalk controls dont operate.

Can anyone please please please advise on what is wrong here, or what I can try to get this to work?

Thank you

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seafang

Hi Dan,

Had the same problem after installing a JVC KW-XR611 in an 06 Focus.
    you need to reboot the car by either disconnecting the fuse box which sits underneath the glove box or disconnect the battery (easier) for about 30 mins.

Advertisement