Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jammed boot on honda accord

Options
  • 08-10-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

my boot wont open, i cant open it thorough the seats because they need to be unlatched from inside the boot.
    i can hear the boot trying to open when i press the button but nothing happens.
    my sons wheelchair is in it so i need to get into it asap :(
    can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

shot2go wrote: »
    my boot wont open, i cant open it thorough the seats because they need to be unlatched from inside the boot.
    i can hear the boot trying to open when i press the button but nothing happens.
    my sons wheelchair is in it so i need to get into it asap :(
    can anyone help?
    My first thought is to see if there is a ski hatch in the centre of the seats. If there is see can you reach the catch for the rear seats through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

there is but there is a metal grill blocking access to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

It could be that the lock is stuck because of the wheel chair against the boot lid. Press down the boot lid, get someone else to hold the unlock level (or boot open button on the key) and let go.

What year/model of Accord is it? I can look up the release procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boot door isn't budging at all? It's not the chair holding it down?
    But you can hear mechanism working?

What model is it? Same as this www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uREtxtQrhg ?

Ok, assuming it's 7 Gen (2003-2008ish) Saloon, there's the electronic latch that's backed-up by the cable.

Ignore the electronic latch, but focus on the cable. It's at the right-hand-side of the driver footwell. Pull this lever and keep it pulled - this keeps the latch open. Then attempt to open the boot.

• Advertisement

its a 2005 thanks jayok il try that.

ive tried a few things ive found on google but no luck.

Ok, so it's a 7Gen Saloon then. Pull the cable from the driver's footwell. It should feel solid. This is mechanical not electrical so unless the cable has snapped, it will force the lock open.

As a suggestion, have someone put downward force on the lid, THEN pull the release lever keeping it held. Try opening the lid from there.

If this still doesn't work, you can access the rear seat release latch by removing the head rest and using a screwdriver. Let me see if I can find a diagram.

Here's the rear latch diagram. Kinda hard to explain, but basically you need to push the level I've marked red with a screwdriver or similar device. When pushed, pull the seat towards you.

Best of luck!

thanks jayok, i think the cable must have snapped nothing happens at all when i pull the lever. doesnt feel solid either.
    I better find my screwdriver!

Strange, the cable and the unlock button utilise two separate levers to open the boot latch. Anyhow, let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

jayok wrote: »
    Strange, the cable and the unlock button utilise two separate levers to open the boot latch. Anyhow, let us know how you get on.

Head rest off all back seats but I See no lever

father in law got one seat down but cant find the emergency lever for the boot

shot2go wrote: »
    Head rest off all back seats but I See no lever

That's the ISO fix strap hold, it's below that. Anyhow you've one done. You'll need now to remove the plastic cover inside the boot. From there, you can pop the latch.

thanks for your help jayok father in law got the seats out and the latch on the boot is broken so ive ordered a new one and should be all fixed tomorrow hopefully

Great news! Best of luck with the new latch :cool:

all fixed just now! thanks everyone for all your help! i had one happy boy going off to school today in his chair.

Advertisement