Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sounded Like A Bomb

• 03-08-2010 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

I was sitting in my living room last night around 3.30 am watching a bit of telly as you do when next thing i hear a massive loud explosion coming from my cupboard, i got the :eek: of my life, really shaken, didnt know what was happening, next thing i see liquid pouring out of my cupboard:eek:, was it a battery that had just exploded or something, no it was a 2 litre bottle of 7-UP, it had exploded not from the top but from the bottom, not a drop left and had destroyed all the cupboard.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Should i write to the company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Well all i know is heat causes gases in the fizzy drink to expand. So maybe that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Twas a big spooky (7up lovin') ghost!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

karlog wrote: »
    Well all i know is heat causes gases in the fizzy drink to expand. So maybe that happened.

It wasnt that hot last night plus it was in a very big cupboard which is always cold enough, i only brought it a few days ago as well, maybe i could sue but it's not in me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

misleading title = thread fail imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

might have been a bomb, planted by 7up Free...dom fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Do you really want 7up for life?

zuroph wrote: »

Oh dear god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

HA HA HA This* thread is under 'I farted during a massage today' sounded like a bomb*!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ya i released some gas before that sounded like a bomb :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Realy OP, you start a thread about a bomb at 3:30am on the same day this happens
    Derry's most senior police officer has said lives could have been lost in this morning's car bomb attack in the city.

There was major disruption to traffic following the explosion outside a police station in the Cooke Street area.

Chief Superintendent Stephen Martin said the bomb contained 200lb of home made explosives.

Early indications are that dissident republicans were responsible for the attack.

Two men approached a taxi driver in the Cooke Street area of the city at around 3am. One of the men was armed.

They placed a device in the car and ordered the driver to take it to the PSNI station.

An explosion took place soon after the vehicle was parked outside the station. The PSNI says it was aware of events.

If you are trying to tie your thread into this it's not particularly funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dissident fizz merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

mink_man wrote: »
    ya i released some gas before that sounded like a bomb :cool:

Yeh, me too. :pac:

KABOOM.....huhuhuh

Realy OP, you start a thread about a bomb at 3:30am on the same day this happens

If you are trying to tie your thread into this it's not particularly funny

Im not i think i have a fairly good reputation around here for me to say i was not trying to tie the two in, i would of posted this last night but i wasnt on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

used to work in a store room, this happened fairy often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The 7up company is planning something ... something sinister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Im not i think i have a fairly good reputation around here for me to say i was not trying to tie the two in, i would of posted this last night but i wasnt on the internet.

I don't know your reputation

You start a thread on a bomb in the title for 3:30am in your place and at the exact same time a bomb is placed in Derry
    You can see why I'd pick up on it

If this is just a random thread, ok carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Im not i think i have a fairly good reputation

Pfft.

Confab wrote: »
    Pfft.

I dunno what your problem is buddy, thats the 2nd time in a few days you have made negative posts about me after i post.

Confab wrote: »
    Pfft.

Pfft :rolleyes: indded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I was sitting in my living room last night around 3.30 am watching a bit of telly as you do when next thing i hear a massive loud explosion coming from my cupboard, i got the :eek: of my life, really shaken, didnt know what was happening, next thing i see liquid pouring out of my cupboard:eek:, was it a battery that had just exploded or something, no it was a 2 litre bottle of 7-UP, it had exploded not from the top but from the bottom, not a drop left and had destroyed all the cupboard.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Coincidence? :eek:

bonerm wrote: »

This thread needs to be moved to the conspiracy forum. NOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Im not i think i have a fairly good reputation around here
    Says who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bonerm wrote: »
    Beat me to it, but then again, I beat You to it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Snow White's fantasy cocktail............. 7up in cider

Says who?

Says many posters who will roe behind me.

Pick on JonJo day around here i ,dunno why i bother:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Says many posters who will roe behind me.

I cant believe im going to post this but...

If you take out JONJO's anti Australian rubbish that makes him sound like a complete twat he is actually quite entertaining and starts up some good threads. so his reputation is actually quite well.. good.

The Aussie wrote: »
    I cant believe im going to post this but...

If you take out JONJO's anti Australian rubbish that makes him sound like a complete twat he is actually quite entertaining and starts up some good threads. so his reputation is actually quite well.. good.

:o Aww shooks thanks Aussie, not that im totally anti aussie or nothing met good people there its just i like a good rant:p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

zuroph wrote: »

Right, you're going on my List :mad:

Advertisement