Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a good chocolate bar?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Cadburys chocolate, feck off Galaxy's slightly sickening creamy sweetness:mad:. No wafers...I hate wafered chocolate unless there's loads of other moist stuff to counteract the cardboardiness, pink snacks are the worst offenders.
    No raisins, yuck.
    Nuts are ok.
    Fondant ftw:). I love any kind of fondant, strawberry, orange, fudge or whatever the fcuk...except for mint. Mint's boring, like apple tart. I love Fry's chocolate cream..mmmm! Creme Eggs...mmmm!
    The nicest bar ever created was Urney's Two and Two bar...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Those Lindt choco ball things are the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Also; currents, sultanas and any other nasty brown, shrivelly, fruit thing have NO PLACE in confectionary !!!

*shakes fist at inventors of said foulness*

Masterfully said. Would thank you twice if I could! In fact maybe I will log on as the other a/c and thank you again. I am tired of using that account to thanking me all the time.

( Mods: I jest).

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

The Willy Wonka bars that had the little things that went pop in your mouth...mmmmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

The Willy Wonka bars that had the little things that went pop in your mouth...mmmmmm :D

That's what I got arrested for selling to children:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ann22 wrote: »
    Cadburys chocolate, feck off Galaxy's slightly sickening creamy sweetness:mad:.

Jaysus who rattled your cage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bnt wrote: »
    What makes a good chocolate bar? Chocolate - or, to be specific, a high cocoa content. Typical milk chocolate is in the 20-30% range, dark chocolate in the 40-50% range, but that's not enough for me. Lindt 70% is a good place to start, they make an 85% bar too, but I'm determined to find their Excellence 99% bar somewhere. :eek:

had a couple of squares of the excellence 99% in the lindt museum in koln :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Ann22 wrote: »
    . I love Fry's chocolate cream..mmmm! Creme Eggs...mmmm!
    The nicest bar ever created was Urney's Two and Two bar...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:o

This was my favourite bar when I was a kid...loved em!
    And I was beginning to think I just dreamed them up as nobody could ever remember them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Not produced using child slave labour would be a good start :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Galaxy bars.. mmm love them!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Freddo bars yet!!! They are the only ones that are better than sex.

On the day of my First Communion the family and co. all went to a restaurant where I bought nearly 40 pounds worth of their grandaddy, Taz bars! Imagine the amount I bought with that money. Gave them out to everyone!!:pac:

ok ok... I ate them all myself!!:(

Advertisement