Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 6 Childcare - Chevron training

Options
  • 26-01-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,
    I'm thinking to do a FETAC level 6 in childcare with chevron but I do not have level 5, they said I could do it anyway but I was wondering if it will be enough when looking for employment?and does anybody knows how long should it take me to complete it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MinkeyMonkey

Ladysmile, I am doing that level 6 childcare course with chevron at the moment. Honestly I wouldn't recommend doing it this way to anyone, particularly if you don't have level 5. I was under the impression that you would have to have level 5 to do 6 but perhaps not. I am under a lot of pressure to do my course in a short amount of time because of work and I am struggling. An online course is very difficult, FAR more so than an evening course. If I were you I'd make enquiries about evening courses with your local adult education services they often run childcare courses, and they may be free of charge or reduced rate if you are on social welfare/medical card.

From what I've seen so far with people who take these online courses many seem to put off doing it for ages and then give up entirely. I've spent years studying; between going to college, evening courses and now online and I can honestly say without a doubt that this is by far the most difficult.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you have never worked in the area but hold a degree or qualification in another area . I would say go for it but if not I would do the level 5 to begin with.

Advertisement