Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPC - Dampness

Options
  • 24-02-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone help me out or advise. Built house 2012 2013. Moved in to it in March 2014. Noticed the stains on the inside painted plaster/skim recently. see pics attached. Is this a fundamental problem or can it be solved with reasonable ease. Its facing west on an elevated site (no shelter) so its getting a bashing from the south westerly winds and rain over the last few months. even some of my windows are starting to whistle with the wind at night. Must get on to my supplier of the windows to see can they be adjusted!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Does this go back to how you supervised the pour of your slab, And the cavity closer detail ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79706652

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What are the pictures of?
    If its the front door then maybe the driving rain is coming under the door saddle off the external step.
    whats the floor makeup?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

That is the window internal view. The picture is rotated 90deg. sorry. Teak window board, Triple glazed aluclad windows. see attached pic. second and third window from the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, put up the corresponding outside pics

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

I don't have a photo of the outside at the moment but will take some later after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Safehands

Thanks, put up the corresponding outside pics

I think you are on the money here. Examine all the seals for a start, then look for possible routes of ingress. A pinhole could do that.

Advertisement