Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Thatch v Henderson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

callaway92 wrote: »
    I just do.

Won't argue with that! Poor fight here, both throwing haymakers and missing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Its like they just got 2 guys off the street :v

The only thing remotely interesting in this fight is that i don't know who's winning it but i don't really care who either

Crowd going full Royal Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Hurry up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Wow, did not expect that at all. Fair play to Henderson. Great win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BenHen has balls. Quality win. Glad 4him after the shambles judges decision vs Cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Missed the fight was at a hockey game what I miss?

Holloway by UD
    Bendo via 4th round RNC. Was a close fight could have been 2-1 to Ben or 2-1 Thatch in rounds at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The only thing remotely interesting in this fight is that i don't know who's winning it but i don't really care who either

I'm Prob the only person in the world who enjoyed that horrible fight. Bet on Kelly by decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Great win for Bendo, fair play to him, the guy's got heart. Never really liked his fights, but he may have gained another fan after this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

GreatMelodicGreendarnerdragonfly.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Is that a toothpick in his mouth?!

Yeah he had it the whole fight. It's really irresponsible, he's done it a few times before also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ridiculous he's allowed to get away with having it, what if it goes to the ground and pokes opponent in the eye, what if he gets smashed in the mouth and it gets lodged into gob. All what if's but could easily happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fair play to Bendo, Thatch wouldn't look at all out of place at middleweight. I thought he was 2-1 down going into the 4th but he pulled it out and I reckon he would have won a decision anyway as Thatch was tiring. Thatch just wasn't really able to use his size all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

An underwhelming night of fights (in my opinion) thankfully saved by the smooth jiujitsu of Benson Henderson. I loved how calm he was.

A little side point, his (Benson's) takedown to finish the fight reminded me of something I'd seen before. Lovely timing on it.

dfwhok.gif

/runs off to hide

• Advertisement

Good win for Bendo. Tatch simply doesn't have the grappling to go all the way yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

God i feel a bit sick rooting for benson. Started to regret it during the post fight interview. Man the size difference was scary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Hollaway's striking has definitely improved since his last loss. He was stringing together some beautiful combinations. And to think he's still only 23. His next fight against Swanson will really be the tester.

Thatch really showed the holes in his game against Bendo. Once it went into those championship rounds he was done. He could definitely wrestle but mostly his ground game seemed to be all about survival.

Did anyone see the Chas Skelly fight? Looked like a knee to a downed fighter to me.

How some of the main card fights got onto the main card I'll never know.

p to the e wrote: »
    Did anyone see the Chas Skelly fight? Looked like a knee to a downed fighter to me.
    Technically it was when it landed. But he was already done, and he wasn't grounded when he threw it.
    Would if been pretty bad if they took away the win over an accident like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fair play to Max Holloway. He is on a great run since the McGregor fight. Conor's injury aside he gave a good performance considering how McGregor has put everyone else to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

And considering max had a broken foot against conor too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fair play to Bendo, Thatch wouldn't look at all out of place at middleweight. I thought he was 2-1 down going into the 4th but he pulled it out and I reckon he would have won a decision anyway as Thatch was tiring. Thatch just wasn't really able to use his size all that well.

Thatch was absolutely exhausted after the 3rd round even though he was handily enough winning the fight up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The toothpick is just a long running photoshop gag.

Advertisement