Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Frisbee wrote: »
    Don't worry though, we have a reserve player from Dortmund to save us.

True, funny, heartbreaking.
    If we dont win tonight, im gonna do something, not sure yet what, but im gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Ryo can't play against us being his parent club.

As far as i know he can play against us if both clubs agree to it. I'm also pretty sure Wenger came out a while back and said that he would never stop a loaned player from playing against us and that other managers do stop loaned players from doing it is stupid. or something to that effect...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

As far as i know he can play against us if both clubs agree to it. I'm also pretty sure Wenger came out a while back and said that he would never stop a loaned player from playing against us and that other managers do stop loaned players from doing it is stupid. or something to that effect...

I thought he said it was bad that they couldn't play, but that the regs were that they couldn't, regardless of agreement between clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hope to god Wilshere isnt out for the rest of the season, bye bye Champions League football if he is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I thought he said it was bad that they couldn't play, but that the regs were that they couldn't, regardless of agreement between clubs.

Just checked there and you are absolutly correct. It's only in cups that the player can play against the theam they are registered with. I think that where my confussion came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

SSN saying Wilshere's got a stress fracture. Sigh.

amacachi wrote: »
    SSN saying Wilshere's got a stress fracture. Sigh.

Wilshere tweeted that it's not in the same place as the other one, and is smaller, so hopefully it'll be healed faster. No idea of return date though. Pessimist in me thinks the season, but you never know.

To Lahinchians, no probs, I had an argument about this in the pub the other night so I googled it the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id love to say im angry about the whole Wilshere scenario, but im not I think its what everyone expected really wait till the transfer window closes then release statements saying Wilshere has suffered a stress fracture and they still dont know how long hell be out for some medical team we have it took this long to realise it was a stress fracture guess the x ray machine was broke :rolleyes:.

Theres no excuses for not signing someone when they knew this was the case, and by that I dont mean Hleb back who were being linked with today a player whos huffed and puffed a bit since he left Arsenal but done nothing of note, a player with a lot of skill but even as an Arsenal player could frustrate the hell out of yeh.

Hope Ramsey whos been looking tired already doesnt mnd playing nearly every game. Come the summer there has to be serious changes to our transfer policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I never expected to see Wilshere this season, so it doesnt really anger me at all.

What will annoy us is when RvP gets his injury, another window gone by with no support bought for our brittle main man.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I never expected to see Wilshere this season, so it doesnt really anger me at all.

What will annoy us is when RvP gets his injury, another window gone by with no support bought for our brittle main man.

RVP just needs to use Arshavin as an organ bank.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm pinning my hopes on FFP. It'll stop City's rise, return Chelsea to the doldrums and restore us to our cherished position as the club that picks up all the trophies left over when United miss a beat!

Yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone got any stats for how many games we've won that arteta has played a part in? Just out of curiosity. I'd imagine its quite good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    Sounds familiar. The day after the transfer window closes :(

Did I not predict all this weeks ago ?
    The patterns at Arsenal are easy to follow, spend nothing, say players are returning soon and when the transfer deadline passes then announce setbacks.
    We are a selling club and only interested in profits.
    You can be sure that when Chelsea dropped points last night we will go out and do the same tonight too.

417787_341148312573728_165684310120130_1178417_1811446912_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

True, funny, heartbreaking.
    If we dont win tonight, im gonna do something, not sure yet what, but im gonna do it.

DON'T DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Eisfeld having a stromer for the reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

If I'm being honest, I'd rather Wilshire missed the rest of this season.. As soon as I heard the words "minor setback" I thought the most we'd see of him this season, is one or two games at max.
    It would sicken me to see him miss the season for us, get in a couple of games towards the end, and then to see him go to the Euro's with England.

Selfish I know, but if it is a season ender for him. I hope he doesn't get any football between now and August :o How many times have we had one of our players rushed back from injury, in order for them to play for their country...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Nothin much to say after the Bolton match that hasnt been said before. Our form in the last 4 matches is now loss,loss,loss and draw. Brutal. Bolton have one of the worst defenses in the PL this year. We should have fu*kin battered them. Instead we were hanging on for a draw towards the end.

We are now 7th in the league. The worst of the best of the rest. Sunderland are 7 behind us. With a better goal difference

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Well lads back to depression after the FA cup get outta jail free card :( Was never gonna be an easy game but at the same time we needed the 3 points, got a tough run coming up after Blackburn on the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Hurrah! First point of the year!.

• Advertisement

One place ahead of Stoke !!!!
    Just where we deserve to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Walcott's inability to play football astounds me. I seriously hope we're not even considering renewing his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Souless wrote: »
    Well lads back to depression after the FA cup get outta jail free card :( Was never gonna be an easy game but at the same time we needed the 3 points, got a tough run coming up after Blackburn on the weekend
    Should have been an easy game. Bolton were shocking and we had 2-3 easy chances in the first half. Should have been at least 2 or 3 nil to Arsenal at HT. But again, Walcott fails to deliver and Van Persie just could not find the net. But the others don't contribute enough. Ramsey lost the midfield battle again and allowed far too many counter attacks onto the back 4 in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pro's
    Sagna, Arteta & Oxo(not savage tonight but threatened).

Bull****
    Theo playing 90 mins, he is a dreadful player, it's a disgrace at this stage his involvement in the first team.
    Ramsey, spends to much of the game. Flicking, chipping and playing pointless balls over the top, should not be a guaranteed starter like he is, Rosicky should be starting ahead of him.
    Song, we're has he gone?
    Henry, not good enough for this level anymore.
    Wenger, **** formation dispite what he says we play 1 up front not 3 we lose too many balls when VP wins it as he is isolated. How we play will always result in plenty of corners & fk's yet he hasn't a clue how to get the team to use them.  He has one idea how to play no plan B even ****ter teams have a plan B.  I just don't see any real fight in him anymore and that is reflected in the players its all stale, he should come out like others do and public demand more from the players show some ****in fight. I support Wenger and want to see him succeed but this isn't good enough. 

Tonight and last 4/5 league games was just a team out and about no real appetite, drive, effort. I can handle transition but this isn't that we are a club developing talent 4 others!

Rant over!

Fcuking disgrace!!! At this stage I just want this season over and done with I cant see our league form improving a whole lot. Song and Ramsey have been terrible of late but who have we got better to bring on.

Wenger and the board can spout on about finances all they want but its about time they realised without success there will be no money and if they let things slide to far it will be very hard come back.

No top players want to play in teams not in the champions league, so we wont get top drawer players, revenues will fall all over with no champions league money rolling in, attendances will drop, fan base will drop as there will be no new young fans coming on board buying jerseys etc time to buck up or fcuk off that goes to the players, the board and the manager.How long can we go on watching this slide downwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I didn't even bother watching tonight...thankfully! I might try this more often, I barely go agitated at all even though I know the score!

Fcuking disgrace!!! At this stage I just want this season over and done with I cant see our league form improving a whole lot. Song and Ramsey have been terrible of late but who have we got better to bring on.

Wenger and the board can spout on about finances all they want but its about time they realised without success there will be no money and if they let things slide to far it will be very hard come back.

No top players want to play in teams not in the champions league, so we wont get top drawer players, revenues will fall all over with no champions league money rolling in, attendances will drop, fan base will drop as there will be no new young fans coming on board buying jerseys etc time to buck up or fcuk off that goes to the players, the board and the manager.How long can we go on watching this slide downwards?

Well we have had this slide for 6 years now and the "in Arsene we trust" gobs***** are still prepared to put up with it.
    But we have a lovely stadium even though it will be half empty next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

True! Gotze, M'Vila, and Hazard are unlikely to join Arsenal if they aren't in the Champions League, especially considering Arsenal are reluctant to offer the wages that the likes of City have at their disposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Well we have had this slide for 6 years now and the "in Arsene we trust" gobs***** are still prepared to put up with it.
    But we have a lovely stadium even though it will be half empty next year.
    That is the thing, it won't be half empty because believe it or not, there is still a lot of passionate Arsenal fans who care about the club. It is like a painful addiction to many at the moment..

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That is the thing, it won't be half empty because believe it or not, there is still a lot of passionate Arsenal fans who care about the club. It is like a painful addiction to many at the moment..

Did you not see the game the weekend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement