Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

steel suspended ceiling

• 25-02-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi any ideas on how much it costs for doing steel suspended ceilings in house . Or is it cheaper to do it in timber Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Steel is going to be more expensive than timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kennethmoran

I was thinking that but I've heard steel is a better job and that it would probably work out cheaper when you take in to account the extra time to do it in timber. I'd love to know how much it would cost in steel. I have a friend that is a carpenter . He was saying to use 3by 2

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Does the depth not depend on the Hrv ducts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Kenneth I've closed your other thread, 1 is enough, thanks

Sorry was unaware I did its my first time using this]

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,860 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Im assuming the floor is a concrete slab type?

Metal rail suspended ceiling are definitely better than timber

They are faster to install, a LOT more accurate (timber has to be built up) and easier to access services after.

I will pm you a provider.

Yes precast concrete slabs. On a tight budget so all depends on prices to install it. If it's to expensive I'll do it in timber. can do it myself and a friend. Yes if you can pm me number that be great

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭PROJECT K

Hi Kenneth, definitely go with metal - as syd says a lot more accurate and can be very cost effective due to fast installation. Also a lot less bulky if you are running services in there. Another major benefit is less risk of movement once installed - i priced a few contractors and it varied between €12 and €16 per sqm...(latter price due to a few recessed perimeter lights and fancy bulkheads etc!)

Advertisement