Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test in Naas

Options
  • 04-10-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Everyone,

Im sitting my driving test in naas next week and starting to get nervous about it! Can anyone give me any hints or tips that may help me pass the test? Im normally a very comfortable driver but i think my nerves will get to me on the day:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Naas is tight to drive through. My advice is make sure you constantly keep your eye on speed limits as on some roads (can't think of the name of it there is a garage on the right I think) the signs are saying 50 but other traffic and you may feel like you can go faster.

I would also really pay attention to the faded road markings as many of the markings such as those for bike lanes are faded to nothing in some parts so keep a vigilant eye.

Next is position. As Naas is so tight and for me anyway it can be a tad hard at times to know the exact position or keep tight in built up areas I advise plenty of fore though and practice in the tight spots were cars are such the back of the Spar shop and estates.

Most of all be confident and you should be grand. I did my test and failed in Naas but if you have plenty of practice you should be grand. Just get out and practice practice practice! Best of Luck :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Might be worthwhile keeping an eye on your phone and email. This was sent out on Wednesday from the RSA:

Dear ADI

Please see important message in relation to the Naas test Centre.

From the RSA - Due to accommodation issues at the Naas Driving Test Centre, applicants scheduled for a driving test in Naas from 4 October to 6 October inclusive will have their test conducted from the Osprey Hotel in Naas. If this period is extended, a further text will issue to you. All affected applicants are being contacted to inform them. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    ADI Unit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

What time is your test at? I took my test in Naas (about 10 year ago...) at 9.30 on a wet weekday morning and it was a piece of cake as there was so much traffic I dont think I got up to more than 10mph for the majority of the test!

I presume your instructor has taken you around the route, shown you where they will likely bring you to do hill starts etc?

My advise if you are nervous would be to take a pretest lesson for the hour immediately before the test. Thats what I did and I felt an awful lot more confident going into the test as I had just spent the previous hour with an instructor driving the route, getting used to the conditions etc. Well worth the money imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lol_jk_lmfao

Passed my test :) Got a few grade 2 ticks but sure a pass is a pass so im happy :) Thanks everyone for your advice, HELLO PINK LICENCE!

Advertisement