Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

funnyname wrote: »
    All calls or just local calls in Ireland?

Call landlines and mobiles in: Canada, China, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand, and United States.

Call landlines only in: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia (excluding rural areas - LEX), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia (Jakarta only), Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

All calls or just local calls in Ireland?

Not too sure to be honest, saw it mentioned here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-linx-8-review-the-sub-100-windows-tablet-experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm still waiting on confirmation my original order has been cancelled or at worst shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great deal, thanks for posting. For someone who actually wants both the phone and tablet, particularly stellar.

FUBA.

Black 530 back in stock and trigger pulled.

FUBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

dodzy wrote: »
    phones gone again. Tablet still there.

Ya I'd did say last few remaining. Got just in time so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,735 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Order for both just got confirmed. Now I already have that same Linx tablet and I also have a Lumia phone, but I just couldn't resist this bargain. Off to install Windows 10 on the €40 tablet :cool:

Thanks OP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Bought. Happydays

Ended up buying the same deal again, the parents could do with a tablet. And the mother would like the Yellow Lumia I'd say. :p Drag her away from her ancient iPhone 4 8GB :D

Too good a deal to resist.

By the way, my single tablet order (€69.99) came from Meteor today - fantastic packaging from both Meteor and Linx - looks very premium! It will be going back though as they never cancelled it in time. They send you a prepaid envelope for returns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Ordered :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,296 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just ordered the Linx myself there, already have a tablet but the 7" screen is handier when travelling. Have a Lumia 520 to trade in to CeX also so net cost should be €28 to me, it's a no brainer really.

J o e wrote: »
    Ordered:D

FYP Joe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if only i had a CeX close to me. The Whest really isn't a nice place to live.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Just ordered the Linx myself there, already have a tablet but the 7" screen is handier when travelling.

It's also running a full Windows 8.1 operating system. I intend to run the BMW diagnostics software (INPA / ediabas) on mine and keep it in the car

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Can you order this with a pay bill number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What sort of standard is the tablet compared to say an iPad mini?

Funkstard wrote: »

I would say it is much better than the iPad mini, as you simply have so much more to do on this guy. As I said previously, its a full Windows PC in your pocket.

sasta le wrote: »
    Can you order this with a pay bill number

You don't need to sign in to order the deal, just select 'new number' on the phones pre-pay page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Quad core tablet running windows 8.1 and has 32gb space (and expandable with an SD card)?

Absolute no brainer of a bargain (even without the trade in), and looks like I get to give mum a new phone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,296 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote: »
    It's also running a full Windows 8.1 operating system. I intend to run the BMW diagnostics software (INPA / ediabas) on mine and keep it in the car

Slightly off topic but are you using a bluetooth/wireless OBD adapter or have you a USB/OBD cable?

• Advertisement

Funkstard wrote: »

Technically the specs are very similar (albeit the iPad mini first gen has only 16GB of storage). Imho the iPad mini is better built and has a better battery life. That said:

iPad mini: €249
    Linx 7: €40

LOL!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but are you using a bluetooth/wireless OBD adapter or have you a USB/OBD cable?

Just a USB/ODB2 cable. Haven't tried it yet, but I do have it running on an ancient netbook that I upgraded to Windows 8.1

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Linx. I've the BMW software on a cheap micro SD card, so there is no fear of running out of storage space

unkel wrote: »
    Technically the specs are very similar (albeit the iPad mini first gen has only 16GB of storage). Imho the iPad mini is better built and has a better battery life. That said:

iPad mini: €249
    Linx 7: €40

LOL!

Holding mine I have to say though that for the price the build quality is great. Not much flex if any at all, and the screen seems solid too. I actually have not noticed any major light bleed issues which usually happens with these screens. And I am incredibly OCD when it comes to these sort of things. Even the Nexus 9 has some pretty noticible light bleed! :P

I notified Meteor of the price difference in their 'deal of the month' offer and they corrected it! Fair play to them. You can now buy both together for the same price on the link below; (they forgot to change the text though)

https://store.meteor.ie/deal-of-the-month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I always thought on BA when offers like this come up you NEVER contact the seller in case they decide the deal is too good or just ends it or decides that the €30 offer cant be combined with the cheap tablet offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Damn you BA I don't need this but I'm seriously thinking of getting it

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I always thought on BA when offers like this come up you NEVER contact the seller in case they decide the deal is too good or just ends it or decides that the €30 offer cant be combined with the cheap tablet offer...

:D It worked in our favour this time. But you are 100% correct, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is there any chance CEX reduce the trade in value for the phone with the inevitable flood of units they receive in the next few days ?
    I guess there is always the option of selling on adverts

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is there any chance CEX reduce the trade in value for the phone with the inevitable flood of units they receive in the next few days ?
    I guess there is always the option of selling on adverts

They could, but in my own experience of selling multiples, they rarely do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Called meteor about cancelling my order as I haven't received any confirmation that it's been dispatched. They said to refuse delivery if it has and it will get refunded.
    Gonna order this deal now instead.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Called meteor about cancelling my order as I haven't received any confirmation that it's been dispatched. They said to refuse delivery if it has and it will get refunded.
    Gonna order this deal now instead.

Glad you got sorted. My separate one arrived but its going back as I've since ordered the deal.

Anyone know if you can sell the phone on CeX online?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can sell the phone on CeX online?

Yes, but you have to send it to them & cover postage costs. And it takes an absolute age to get paid!

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Yes, but you have to send it to them & cover postage costs. And it takes an absolute age to get paid!

cheers for the quick response.

I'll have to look into it, so hard to resist BA's! thanks!

You get about 57* Euro according to website if you take their voucher value if you want

Jhcx wrote: »
    You get about 57* Euro according to website if you take their voucher value if you want

Yep, €57 credit to spend in-store in CeX stores.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yep, €57 credit to spend in-store in CeX stores.

Jesus, even better!

Jesus, even better!
    Meh, I'd take the €46. You'll never be buying from them anyway.

On another note, a bit ambitious of this seller, trying to swipe the tablet for a mere €9 !

http://www.adverts.ie/phone-fax/nokia-lumia-530/7267897

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

How long did it take you to get paid?

Are we talking weeks or months?

If its too long of a wait I might just pop into the store on the weekend. I am afraid that they will lower they're valuation of the phone though since Meteor are now selling for 50 and the amount of these phones that will be traded in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

On another note, a bit ambitious of this seller, trying to swipe the tablet for a mere €9 !

Considering you can buy the phone new for 49.99 with Meteor its ridiculous.
    However I notice alot of people successfully selling 2nd hand stuff on there for more than you'd buy it new online .:confused:

I cannot understand this ,is it that these people have no credit cards, are afraid of buying online or are just dumb .

How long did it take you to get paid?

Are we talking weeks or months?

If its too long of a wait I might just pop into the store on the weekend. I am afraid that they will lower they're valuation of the phone though since Meteor are now selling for 50 and the amount of these phones that will be traded in

Weeks, but I've seen complaints of months.

Go into the store for your own sanity.

Hate people that do that.

I will be going for the cash too. CeX are overpriced for electronics. When the iPhone 6 first came out, they were selling it for €100 or €150 more than Apple themselves! You could actually buy the iPhone from Apple, and trade it into CeX for like €60 cash profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Would it be possible to hook up an external monitor, mouse and keyboard to the linx to use as a desktop?

I read somewhere earlier that the USB connection can only be used for charging or another coonection but not both at the same time. So could get a wireless mouse and keyboard but still wouldn't be able to charge and connect to a monitor at the sane time. Is that correct?

How long is the battery life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Useful hint for anyone using bargain alerts.

DO : Go with spontaneity and just buy it
    Do Not : Do what I just did which was hum and haw about it for ages, then decide to go for it only to find...

Out of Stock.

D'oh

Would it be possible to hook up an external monitor, mouse and keyboard to the linx to use as a desktop?

Of course! Use a usb wireless dongle for a keyboard / mouse combo (you need a usb to micro usb connector) and use the mini hdmi to connect a monitor

I don't think there is a way to charge the tablet at the same time though although I would love to be wrong on this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Useful hint for anyone using bargain alerts.

DO : Go with spontaneity and just buy it
    Do Not : Do what I just did which was hum and haw about it for ages, then decide to go for it only to find...

Out of Stock.

D'oh

You must be new here - realised that a long time ago ;)

any good stand cases/covers to recommend?

is there any devalue in the trade in should i decide to use it at home first? im trying to get a family member onto smart phones this might just be handy enough but if they dont want it, it will just go in for trade

Jhcx wrote: »
    is there any devalue in the trade in should i decide to use it at home first? im trying to get a family member onto smart phones this might just be handy enough but if they dont want it, it will just go in for trade

Nope, just keep it in mint condition and you will be able to sell it on for the 'A' condition price (€46 now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Nope, just keep it in mint condition and you will be able to sell it on for the 'A' condition price (€46 now)

Might have a look around the windows mobile is so before I trade mine in. Can't see myself switching from android but no harm seeing what's on offer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement