Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judge Dredd The Mega Collection

Options
  • 20-01-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Here Is one for Old 2000AD and Dredd Fans.

http://www.judgedreddcollection.com/
    And if You are not already a Fan it should be a good Jump on point.

The First issue is AMERICA, In My humble opinion the best Dredd story
    ( Even If He features very little in it) But well worth spending the €4.00 for the hardback edition.

Judge Dredd The Mega Collection

spine-with-timeline-large.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Interesting. But I'm committed to the case files.
    So I'll probably stick with them.
    Thou 4 euro isn't a lot to pick up a solid Dredd story.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

MarkHall wrote: »
    Interesting. But I'm committed to the case files.
    So I'll probably stick with them.
    Thou 4 euro isn't a lot to pick up a solid Dredd story.

Just Picked up Issue 1 this morning, Forbidden Planet And Easons had not even heard of it, But the News stall Outside Easons had it, At only €3.05 !!! Now that not to be overlooked .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Got it myself, for €3 it is a bargain, will not buy them all but may pick up a few.

Bistoman wrote: »
    Just Picked up Issue 1 this morning, Forbidden Planet And Easons had not even heard of it, But the News stall Outside Easons had it, At only €3.05 !!! Now that not to be overlooked .

Really cause Easons had a huge stand of it on Wednesday when I passed through. It was between information and the sweet counter.
    At least 20 copies at a glance.

MarkHall wrote: »
    Really cause Easons had a huge stand of it on Wednesday when I passed through. It was between information and the sweet counter.
    At least 20 copies at a glance.

They must have arrived late,
    When I asked at the Information desk in Easons at
    about 10.00 Am, The girl checked the System and it had no mention of it ( The Judge Dredd Megazine showed up but nothing else) Then She asked one of the Cashiers who said they ware not doing it.
    Now I accept that the System may not have been updated that morning, The the Employees may not have been informed, But,as a customer,I had no other option but to believe that Easons ware not selling it. ( Short of asking every one working in the shop until I got a different answer)
    And when I asked FP, About 15 mins later, The response was the same, They had not heard of it.

• Advertisement

They must have arrived late,
    When I asked at the Information desk in Easons at
    about 10.00 Am, The girl checked the System and it had no mention of it ( The Judge Dredd Megazine showed up but nothing else) Then She asked one of the Cashiers who said they ware not doing it.
    Now I accept that the System may not have been updated that morning, The the Employees may not have been informed, But,as a customer,I had no other option but to believe that Easons ware not selling it. ( Short of asking every one working in the shop until I got a different answer)
    And when I asked FP, About 15 mins later, The response was the same, They had not heard of it.

I got it in Easons at 8.30 am on Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I picked it up today, pretty good. I only have two of the Case-files so it's no hastle to start here.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Didn't even know about this collection until I saw it in Easons today so picked up a copy. Looking forward to opening it up. May just pick up the ones I like. Can't commit to another collection like this!

Mind you, I went into Forbidden Planet at Xmas and the gut didn't know what "Day of Chaos" was.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Picked mine up today. €3.15 is a bargain. Have only really started Dredd properly with IDW comics after seeing both movies and being kinda familiar with him somehow.

Guessing next one will be about a tenner since it's £6.99

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Picked mine up today. €3.15 is a bargain. Have only really started Dredd properly with IDW comics after seeing both movies and being kinda familiar with him somehow.

Guessing next one will be about a tenner since it's £6.99
    That what I would expect, I think the website says the regular editions will be €15.99.

Meant to say, I like how the poster comes with it.

so much Bang for your buck here. The entire America trilogy as well as 3 other stories. I should have been asleep at 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Picked it up last week for £1.99. Even at the full price of £9.99, it's still great value I think. Book cover feels good and looks great, and there's a lot of story packed into it.

My only critiscm - and it's nothing to do with the material itself - is the subscription handling & website. Website does not have a bona-fide digital certificate (which for an e-commerce site is school-boy-error 101 stuff) so no confidence in using it to pass my details, and the company handling the subscriptions have an appalling reputation. The email I received back enquiring about any other means of subscription other htan via the website & that company were not ... how shall I put it .... encouraging. I'd go so far as to say chimpanzee pressed "auto-reply #1" to send the response. So, it's off to WH Smiths every fortnight for me. Not the end of the world, more an inconvenient annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

Looks amazing, relatively cheap and from what I understand - it's high quality. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Well worth seeking out book 1 for the First 3 stories in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Lemming wrote: »
    My only critiscm - and it's nothing to do with the material itself - is the subscription handling & website. Website does not have a bona-fide digital certificate (which for an e-commerce site is school-boy-error 101 stuff) so no confidence in using it to pass my details, and the company handling the subscriptions have an appalling reputation. The email I received back enquiring about any other means of subscription other htan via the website & that company were not ... how shall I put it .... encouraging. I'd go so far as to say chimpanzee pressed "auto-reply #1" to send the response. So, it's off to WH Smiths every fortnight for me. Not the end of the world, more an inconvenient annoyance.

Yeah, I believe there's a third party company that does the subscriptions for Hachette and they've got an awful reputation.

But as you imply there's alternatives to that. I've been getting the Marvel "Earths Mightiest Heroes" set from my local independant newsagent. Even though he doesn't actually stock the book he orders it for me and I've never had a problem with it, not every retailer is as conscientious though.

He got the Judge Dredd Mega Collection issue 1 in for me and it is excellent. I hadn't read book two of America before so it was great to get the whole thing in one volume plus Cadet and a few other short stories. The binding on the Hachette books is excellent so it'll look good on the shelf and last forever too.

Anyone see issue 2 on the shelves yet? Should be today or tomorrow right?

ripperman wrote: »
    Anyone see issue 2 on the shelves yet? Should be today or tomorrow right?

Issue 2 On some shelves this morning. Should be in all shops now.
    €10.68 in Easons and €9.70 on the stall outside. Anyone see the prices in FP or Sub City?

Once again packed full of story's, Mainly the Mechanismo story with a little extra at the end.

Next Issue is the Awesome Apocalypse War, Looking forward to that one :)

Issue 2 On some shelves this morning. Should be in all shops now.
    €10.68 in Easons and €9.70 on the stall outside. Anyone see the prices in FP or Sub City?

Once again packed full of story's, Mainly the Mechanismo story with a little extra at the end.

Next Issue is the Awesome Apocalypse War, Looking forward to that one :)

Cool, cheers. Must pop in soon to get a copy.

• Advertisement

Never understand the price differences in shops for UK publications. It's not like it'd be £6.99 in Slough and £7.50 in London

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Never understand the price differences in shops for UK publications. It's not like it'd be £6.99 in Slough and £7.50 in London

Imposed Vat is the difference, was put in place at the founding of the state to discourage the reading of Uk Papers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Also exchange rates, treated differently by different companies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

It's annoying that this is being charged the magazine rate of VAT at 23% rather than the book rate of 0%. These are clearly books but as they are being issued as part of a partwork they attract the higher rate.

Issue 2 is out btw and is a belter!

I was referring to the regional differences in Ireland. So a UK publication would cost less in Donegal than it would in Dublin for some reason. It's like they do the conversion, add VAT then add location tax.

Anyway, different discussion for a different forum, I'm sure

mayordenis wrote: »
    Also exchange rates, treated differently by different companies

It's around 10.60 in the newsagents I've seen it in. And again. Totally worth the asking price for what's with in. Now to see what it jumps to Next issue.

Picked up issue #2 (well, technically it's book #24) on Saturday just gone for £6.99.

The one thing I like about this series is that they just don't include the main story, they also include smaller stories that are connected. For example Vol 3 includes Blockmania.

ebbsy wrote: »
    The one thing I like about this series is that they just don't include the main story, they also include smaller stories that are connected. For example Vol 3 includes Blockmania.

Is Issue three out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've been trying to get into this sort of reading lately and a friend said I'd probably enjoy Dredd since I enjoyed the film immensely.

He's been sending me links to "Case Files" on Amazon and have one on the way. Are these the same thing, or different stories?

Advertisement