Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hollister 50% off .

• 11-01-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

http://www.hollisterco.com/

Hoping this is genuine , is import duty involved here or is this a fake site , hope its not,
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's real. There's no duty. My stuff came from Netherlands if I remember correctly so wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Yes that is the real site. No custom/imports. Ordered stuff two weeks ago, took a week to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Been ordering from it over the last 2 years, great prices in the sales/clearance section. Well compared to full price products. Quick delivery. The store in Dundrum tends to match the website, in both terms of range and prices (for sale goods), which surprised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks op. Ordered a few bits. Hopefully they fit now, can't usually afford hollister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Any ideas on the sizing? Like to look of a few t-shirts/polos on there.

edit: looks like free delivery too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nothing for the larger man and by that I mean xxl :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Advertising might wanna invest in an iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Looks like a good decent sale, lots of stuff not in my size now though.

Do they get updated or is it stock they want rid off?

There is a post up on hukd about this sale from about 10 days ago. Must be on a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Owen_S wrote: »
    Any ideas on the sizing? Like to look of a few t-shirts/polos on there.

edit: looks like free delivery too

Im a small, and according to herself the size large jacket I have looks skimpy.
    It wouldn't be stuff id buy, without either trying on or already having clothes from them in that size

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thanks for the heads up OP, not too many sizes left in a lot of the sale stock, but managed to pick up a few things that will (hopefully!) fit me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i ordered 2 weeks ago from it they arrived Friday.small sizing
    was not too impressed with the hoodys very thin material.

shot2go wrote: »
    i ordered 2 weeks ago from it they arrived Friday.small sizing
    was not too impressed with the hoodys very thin material.

Feck, I should have went with large so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm a medium in most shops but go large for hollister stuff, especially the t shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Just ordered now, Im medium usually and went for medium but perhaps should have gone for large - are they very small fitting?
    I'm a medium in most shops but go large for hollister stuff, especially the t shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'd spotted a jumper I liked a couple of weeks ago, checked last night and it was half price....was going to buy it until they wanted to charge €15 for delivery!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

BDJW wrote: »
    I'd spotted a jumper I liked a couple of weeks ago, checked last night and it was half price....was going to buy it until they wanted to charge €15 for delivery!!

Free delivery over €25

the jumper i got is fine on but the zip up hoody is tight on the arms and its the same size.

the jumper i got is fine on but the zip up hoody is tight on the arms and its the same size.

was that medium?

no i went for large i usually get medium.

• Advertisement

no i went for large i usually get medium.

ah sugar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone order a parka in medium that they want rid of? Left one behind me in New York last week, pricing was broadly in line with what's on that site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I got some stuff when the sale started after xmas. It came last week. I think the quality of Hollister stuff has dropped from a few years ago. I got a few differentt styles of T shirts that time a couple of weeks ago and the quality of non of them is as good as some of the stuff i got a few years ago. It was pretty cheap in fairness though (Three t shirts and a hoodie for €70 delivered)

I got some Abercrombie (Same overall company) stuff back last summer. Yes its a bit more expensive but its really high quality. They've a sale on as well at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭MrGarak

Got some stuff in the Xmas sale. I was worried about sizing as I got a few items and hear they charge a bit for returns, and also about quality which I heard a few complaints about on HUKD.

Overall I'm really happy, shipping was free, everything fitted in my normal size (large), even the jeans which I thought might be too short. I think the quality is really nice. The hoodie and t-shirt I got are definitely a light-ish material which may turn some off, but I think these are supposed to be warm weather/surfer style clothes. Like Abercrombie I think they do a lot of fleeced items as well if you're after something heavier.

I remember I got some clothes from Atticus which had loose threads, poor stitching etc, that's my idea of poor quality.

Right, bit of an issue here guys.

UPS sent me an email saying my parcel was delivered to SHED.

It is not there. No one was home at the time so the UPS guy must have just scanned it as delivered and left it in our shed around the back of the house.

What can I do?
    We had a lawnmower stolen from our back garden a few months back, so am very worried that my parcel was possibly taken.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Right, bit of an issue here guys.

UPS sent me an email saying my parcel was delivered to SHED.

It is not there. No one was home at the time so the UPS guy must have just scanned it as delivered and left it in our shed around the back of the house.

What can I do?
    We had a lawnmower stolen from our back garden a few months back, so am very worried that my parcel was possibly taken.
    Surely ups are required to get a signature no?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Surely ups are required to get a signature no?

That is exactly what I thought too, but they never did get a signature, as no one was home. He just scanned it and left it in my open shed.

That is exactly what I thought too, but they never did get a signature, as no one was home. He just scanned it and left it in my open shed.

Get onto them and tell them you want to be compensated for the clothes as a result of the driver being too lazy to come back again or leave it in the depot.

Get onto them and tell them you want to be compensated for the clothes as a result of the driver being too lazy to come back again or leave it in the depot.

Should Hollister be first point of contact, as its their contract with UPS?

• Advertisement

Should Hollister be first point of contact, as its their contract with UPS?

Its ups's fault at the end of the day, I get onto them.

Its ups's fault at the end of the day, I get onto them.

Will do, thanks.

Got an email back from Hollister who gave me a full refund and apologised. Fantastic customer care from them.

Got an email back from Hollister who gave me a full refund and apologised. Fantastic customer care from them.

Thats good of them. At least they didn't keep you waiting too long.

Thats good of them. At least they didn't keep you waiting too long.

Indeed. Had a reply within an hour or two. Well done to them!

UPS will be receiving a complaint from myself though in writing, as leaving packages outside anywhere without my prior permission is a big no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭MrGarak

Got an e-mail from them today with a 25% off everything code: 35788

The offer applies to current sale items too so I had to take the plunge :P

• Advertisement

Clothes arrived the other day. Perfect fit. Decent quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

6 items for €90! The big question is whether or not they'll fit!
    Any idea what the returns policy is like just in case?

Thanks

turniphead wrote: »
    6 items for €90! The big question is whether or not they'll fit!
    Any idea what the returns policy is like just in case?

Thanks

Would you believe they have all the info on their website? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Any one know the story with back order? I have the option to cancel the back order or confirm the new date. If I cancel will they still send the rest and will I be charged for shipping?

* Nevermind.....Found out they'll send both on different dates, both free delivery.

Ordered some medium stuff from them, am always a medium, and sizing was spot on. very happy with everything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Got a hoody I had been eyeing up, from €75 to €38.95 incl shipping
    Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does anybody know how flexible UPS are on delivery times?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Upto 70% off now but all discount codes have expired.

I was looking at getting some shirts/t-shirts and maybe a jacket but I heard that the sizes can be dodgy. I'd be a medium usually but I've noticed that lots of their items are described as "muscle fit". So are they tight or bigger like most other American brand sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Upto 70% off now but all discount codes have expired.

I was looking at getting some shirts/t-shirts and maybe a jacket but I heard that the sizes can be dodgy. I'd be a medium usually but I've noticed that lots of their items are described as "muscle fit". So are they tight or bigger like most other American brand sizes?
    Got a medium jumper delivered today. Meant to be muscle fit. Biggest medium I've come across! I'm usually a medium but def should've gone small for the jumper. Got shorts aswell. Perfect fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Got mine T-shirt and hoodie, both perfect size but hoodie zip is broken, going straight back.
    Do I have to pay from my pocket for defected items to send back?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

You could just get the zip fixed for a few euro in any tailor/alterations shop? It would be cheaper than posting back.

Got my delivery yesterday. Everything fits so happy out. Thanks OP

Got my delivery last week, was kinda worried medium might be a bit too small after some of the comments on here but the hoodies and t-shirts all fit perfect. As for quality the t-shirts are fine but the hoodie isn't the best. I'll wear it but i'm glad I didn't pay full whack for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

We got some items, mostly t-shirts, delivered yesterday and quality is mediocre. Definitely would not be happy if paying full price. Sizes, both male & female, are a little on the small side IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The bird landed yesterday with my order. Not bad, expected the jumper to be a little bit more thick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea tbh I've ordered a lot from Hollister in the past but havnt in maybe w year and I'm glad I didn't pay anymore for my hoody.. It's a very strange shape it's almost longer at the front and ends high enough on my back? But it doesn't seem visibly shorter in the back I dunno, I'll find some use for it anyhow
    But reluctant to buy again from there though

• Advertisement
Advertisement