Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times 30 Day Free Online Subscription!

Options
  • 23-12-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

The Irish Times is giving readers a very special gift this Christmas, a month's free subscription to the Digital Edition of The Irish Times. Read the exact digital replica of the printed paper on your smartphone, tablet or PC over the festive period.

Enjoy quality news and analysis from our award winning journalists free for 30 days with this special Christmas gift, including our very special Christmas Day edition.

To sign up for this offer click here. https://www.irishtimes.com/campaigns/digital-edition-christmas-offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

Nice one thanks for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Wow thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pstj2000

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks OP.

So I've registered but clicking on today's paper doesn't have any effect, what am I doing that is stupid?!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Thanks OP.

So I've registered but clicking on today's paper doesn't have any effect, what am I doing that is stupid?!:o

Same here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Thanks OP.

Read the email they sent you, depending on what device you're using you either have to log in or download an app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Read the email they sent you, depending on what device you're using you either have to log in or download an app

And the android app does not get glowing reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I read the Irish Times online most days, what will this app enable me to do that I don't already....?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

I read the Irish Times online most days, what will this app enable me to do that I don't already....?

Its the digital version of the paper. So its the exact same as you buy in the shops. Not to be confused with their free news app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

And the android app does not get glowing reviews.

The Android app is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Great stuff, thanx op

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Thanks OP. Free crosswords for the Christmas holidays. How bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Larry Bee

Watch out if you took up this offer - there is not an automatic way of cancelling the subscription and I have been charged the past few days as I opened it and it automatically updated. Taken out via my Google play account!

Not particularly happy, but at least I found out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Larry Bee wrote: »
    Watch out if you took up this offer - there is not an automatic way of cancelling the subscription and I have been charged the past few days as I opened it and it automatically updated. Taken out via my Google play account!

Not particularly happy, but at least I found out now!

I don't remember it asking for payment details. So.. Don't know how they gonna charge me!!!

Also... Got an email last week giving me a 2nd FREE month.....!!

To be fair.. Am getting great use of it on my IPad with my morning coffee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

Masala wrote: »
    I don't remember it asking for payment details. So.. Don't know how they gonna charge me!!!

Also... Got an email last week giving me a 2nd FREE month.....!!

To be fair.. Am getting great use of it on my IPad with my morning coffee!!!

As above. Signed up without giving payment details and have been given 2nd month free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Livefornow wrote: »
    As above. Signed up without giving payment details and have been given 2nd month free.

Same here. My only issue is that I forget to read the damn thing a lot of days:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Same here, signed up without having to give any payment details and just been given second month free. Novelty wore off after a couple of days and I haven't really looked at it since, I definitely wouldn't pay for it, the free version is more than enough for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I forgot that a month had elapsed. I didn't give them any payment info either and just checked Google Play-->Orders (is that the right place to look?) and don't see any charge. Since I used a gmail account to sign up, maybe they could charge me through Google Play?

I still have access to the IT Digital Edition on my tablet and don't remember getting an email offering me a second month free. Ah, just found an email from them, dated Jan 22, where they offered me a second month free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

leck wrote: »
    I forgot that a month had elapsed. I didn't give them any payment info either and just checked Google Play-->Orders (is that the right place to look?) and don't see any charge. Since I used a gmail account to sign up, maybe they could charge me through Google Play?

I still have access to the IT Digital Edition on my tablet and don't remember getting an email offering me a second month free. Ah, just found an email from them, dated Jan 22, where they offered me a second month free.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mickredirl

just tried it now... it's looking for a voucher code???

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mickredirl

mickredirl wrote:
    just tried it now... it's looking for a voucher code???

I suppose it was just for Christmas! ! oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Follow the link.. Andvuse the Christmas code it shows. Maybe it will still accept the code

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

No x-mas code no longer working now.

Advertisement