Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Subscription

Options
  • 15-12-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

My young lads 9 and 6 are crazy about all things Marvel. Films, cartoons and tv series. I want to get them a few comic subscriptions. Anybody have any recommendations for the best series to start with and and the best place to order ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

If you have tablets/PC you can try marvel unlimited sub for a month and try to pick out some favourites.

App isn't perfect but I am not a collector and I find it good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

micko45 wrote: »
    If you have tablets/PC you can try marvel unlimited sub for a month and try to pick out some favourites.

App isn't perfect but I am not a collector and I find it good enough.

Thanks Micko. Ill definitely use that to let them decide. I'm really trying to get them away from the tablets. I've bought them a few books for tablet but find there too easily distracted with games and minecraft videos to spend time reading.
    I think they would be excited by the physical comic coming trough the door once a month.
    Is the marvel website the best place to order ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye is a great read and very accessible for kids. I recently gave my 11 year old nephew a rake of comics and Rocket Raccoon was his fave (possibly cos of the Guardians film).

If you happen to be in south dublin, bring your kids in to Big Bang Comics in Dundrum and just ask for help. The lads in there are great with helping customers pick stuff out and have gotten me into loads of stuff I probably wouldn't have tried had they not recommended them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye is a great read and very accessible for kids. I recently gave my 11 year old nephew a rake of comics and Rocket Raccoon was his fave (possibly cos of the Guardians film).

If you happen to be in south dublin, bring your kids in to Big Bang Comics in Dundrum and just ask for help. The lads in there are great with helping customers pick stuff out and have gotten me into loads of stuff I probably wouldn't have tried had they not recommended them.

Thanks.They loved the film aswell. I'm actually considering this Guardians series http://subscriptions.marvel.com/store/ipd.asp?spid=1113

$14 inc shipping for 12 issues seems amazing value am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Thanks.They loved the film aswell. I'm actually considering this Guardians series http://subscriptions.marvel.com/store/ipd.asp?spid=1113

$14 inc shipping for 12 issues seems amazing value am I missing something?

Its only a 4 issue sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

What about the Panini reprints that are available? They're like €5 for 3 issues worth of comics. The reprints in them are a year or two old but that's still pretty up to date for the price. The Avengers Universe one is reprinting Young Avengers and Uncanny Avengers atm and the Mighty World of Marvel is reprinting Guardians of the Galaxy and Daredevil.

Advertisement