Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miracleman/Marvelman Reprint

Options
  • 15-11-2014 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Miracleman/Marvelman has been reprinted with the title Miracleman by Marvel.

They've been publishing it in serialized form. The first two of three hardback graphic novels have also been published.

I picked up the first hardback. It comes in a sealed plastic bag. 176 pages, but about 50 of those are bits of art and covers and so on. It has been coloured. The colouring is good, but I preferred it in black and white. The b&w gave a stark grim kinda tone I think that is diluted somewhat by the colouring. But it's much better than the horrible colouring I've found in many B&W comics that have been coloured on reprint.

It has been re-lettered as well. They had to reconstruct some of the pages from old Warrior comics if I understand correctly. The original sheets have been lost. You wouldn't think this from the content, which is quite polished.

The writing credit for the Alan Moore parts is "The original writer". This is because Alan Moore didn't want his name to help Marvel sell something. Apparently they're giving good royalties to the other creators.

Advertisement