Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anybody actually like Fianna Fail?

• 08-06-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

I know they aren't the most popular people in the country at present, but the loud consensus on the boards seems to be in the negative at the moment. Did anybody vote for them at the last General? Would anybody vote for them again after a few years on the opposition benches? Would anybody vote for them next time around?

Personally I wouldn't. I think they had long enough to prove themselves and made a royal balls of it. Labour and Fine Gael may be as incompetent (time will tell) but at least they seem far less corrupt. My vote will be going to Labour in the next election, as in my mind the jury is still out on Gilmore but it would be interesting to see what he can deliver - on the brightside I don't think he or anyone else can really feck things up more than they already are!

Do you have any fondness for Fianna Fail? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

At the last Mori poll taken recently 21% to 24% (3% margin of error allowed) still supported them for some reason.

Whats ever org' it is, there will always be die-hards, be they right or wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Pol

I'd assume FF appeals to a certain demographic. Either die-hard supporters or people that stand to lose if FF is ejected from power.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

whats the alternative? . . .Enda Kenny? No thanks.

Nanoc wrote: »
    could it be any worse than what we have in at the minute ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

A vote for Fianna Fáil is like a vote for the thief who robs your car, then comes back a week later and tells you you can buy it back at a reasonable price.

They have squandered years and years of my tax money, and now want to come back and tell me I'll be in debt for the rest of my life.

No, I don't like Fianna Fáil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Nanoc wrote: »

He may not appear to have good leadership skills, but they are the only viable alternative to FF to form the next government. I'll vote for them for that reason and that reason alone. Labour are a joke, and FF deserve to never be in power again.
    I do wish there was a strong, viable left-centre party in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

With all the begging and supposed difficulty I've seen here trying to get a poll on issues, I'm amazed such a frivolous one has popped up. The question isn't even well constructed. What do you mean by fondness? I'm not 'fond' of any of our politicians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This isn't particularly at the standard required for a Politics forum thread. And the poll adds nothing to be honest.

There are a number of recent threads here discussing FF as well as the other Irish political parties, possibilities after the next general election and issues before the next general election. I suggest joining one of those discussions.

/mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement