Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing 1st in races on your own.....

Options
  • 31-12-2014 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Does doing races on my own do me aby good? Does it boost my driving stats? Will it fool the mod shops into thinking I've won enough races to let me do upgrades on my cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Does doing races on my own do me aby good? Does it boost my driving stats? Will it fool the mod shops into thinking I've won enough races to let me do upgrades on my cars?

Unless you find someone in the same situation who is willing to trade wins with you. Take it on turns to win races.
    Do a playlist of 1 lap criminal records and you'll get thru it quick enough with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Yeah I could do that. I've won 5, lost 8 in actual races so far so I don't do too bad anyway. Mainly 2nd and 3rd in the ones I lose. It's very slow going trying to win enough to make upgrades.

At the start, are you better off on full revs while the clock is counting down or not? It seemed to make me about 1 second faster starting that way but I could be imagining things.

Yeah I could do that. I've won 5, lost 8 in actual races so far so I don't do too bad anyway. Mainly 2nd and 3rd in the ones I lose. It's very slow going trying to win enough to make upgrades.

At the start, are you better off on full revs while the clock is counting down or not? It seemed to make me about 1 second faster starting that way but I could be imagining things.

If you want to get the boost start, don't press accelerate until you actually see GO (or whatever it says )
    If you press it on 3 or 2 or 1 you won't get the boost.
    You unlock a colour for your car if you do a certain amount of boost starts.

There should be loads of vids on YouTube about it, if you can't seem to time it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Also you can fix the betting if you're racing against one other person. Player 1 (the fixed winner) bets 10k on themselves, and Player 2 bets $100 on themselves. The winner will get 4k in betting money on top of whatever the race pays out for the win. The second player loses the $100, but makes it back in the next race as ye switch from winner to loser.

• Advertisement

I might ask about this evening and see if anyone will do that with me.

I was on the 360 for a few months when the game came out 1st, got to level 120 and won a hell of a lot of races so had unlocked all the upgrades. I'm back in fairly basic stuff now and it's harder to get away from the cops or other players.

I didn't get asking anyone to share race wins with me but just did a good few races against randomers anyway. I'm on 22 wins, 13 losses now. I got the turbo for my Muscle cars so that'll keep me happy. I made about €6k in bets too.

If you want I can help, some randomer helped me before on PS3 - i need to win some rally races to unlock some paintjobs but do you need 2 or 4 for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Afaik you need 4, 2 players per car. One can see the checkpoints and the other player is the driver who cannot see them. I played one ages ago and the genius who decided to let me drive had no mic so it was a complete DNF mess.

Do the rally races on criminal records so you won't have to worry about finding the checkpoints.

4 players, two per team, one lap and do it twice so everyone wins once.

• Advertisement

I need to unlock the metal colours for my second character actually, isn't the metal ones you unlock with the rally races?

yeah and the metallic lime colour I think. You around later and we could try it out?

Mc Love wrote: »
    yeah and the metallic lime colour I think. You around later and we could try it out?

Probably be after 6.

But money making would be more important if it's still working :D

We can do the rally races if the other thing gets patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Probably be after 6.

But money making would be more important if it's still working :D

We can do the rally races if the other thing gets patched.

Need to win some races for upgrades etc myself but money first too... Would be interested in this though...

I'm on now for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

I'd be up for doing this too if either of you are online sometime, psn id is AbdulAbhaile

I'll go on now, we'll pick a short race, the prison one or the arms race one. I'll look you up and add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Sorry should have said I won't be around tonight but will be tomorrow afternoon if that's any use?

I'll be on most of the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I might ask about this evening and see if anyone will do that with me.

I was on the 360 for a few months when the game came out 1st, got to level 120 and won a hell of a lot of races so had unlocked all the upgrades. I'm back in fairly basic stuff now and it's harder to get away from the cops or other players.
    Have you not transfered your online character across from the the 360? You can do it if you sign up to the Rockstar social club.

• Advertisement

I started over on the PS3 for a week or so and transferred that player to PS4, I wasn't sure I could do it from the 360.

I don't see why you couldn't. You should give it a try man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone wanna give this bash? I need about 30 wins to get to amp up my car! :(

I'll give it a go if we can do a rally wins as i want to get some paints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm on for doing races too, need to get some rally wins.

Anyone wanna trade wins in Super cars?

If you win on a motorcycle it counts as a win across the boards lads.

Across all different car types ?

Across all different car types ?
    Yep, across all road going vehicles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement