Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Puppy found in Donnybrook

About 10 weeks old, no chip, No collar.

Not going to name the breed for anyone to claim, but get in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

jazzy_jeff wrote: »
    Puppy found in Donnybrook

About 10 weeks old, no chip, No collar.

Not going to name the breed for anyone to claim, but get in contact.

Scratch This, Owner just picked her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seefig

Hiya
    My cat went missing awhile back, Iv posted her on every animal website, lostandfound etc. Never thought to post her here, so anyway this is her

18-06-09 Cat Lost - [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MISSING FROM SALTHILL AREA since 14 June 09. Approx 3yrs old, Female, friendly, very small and quite skinny, white[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]chest and face except for a spot on the right of her nose. If you've seen her, or someone you know happens to have just found a at fitting the description. please get back to me.. [/font]
    Cheers!

http://www.galway-spca.com/images/lost09_threadn1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Rogan

On the 19th a lady who shows her dogs was at the Carlow dog show - when she returned home she discovered that someone had broken into her house through a downstairs window and six of her puppies and dogs were taken - see photos of some of them on
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/997824

These guys are getting more determined - please keep an eye out for these little pups - I believe one of the dogs has diabetes and the poor little thing is obviously not getting his medication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Hello, Our Papillion Oscar went missing from Gurrane North, Donoughmore on Friday 18th Sept, There was something outside the front door when i opened it for him to do his morning business and before i had a chance to grab him he was gone, we just brought the dog over from Australia the other week and had not got around to getting a new name tag with a irish number on his collar athough he has an Australian number with name on it, he still has a Brisbane City Council tag on him and is micro chipped, if anyone has seen him or has any ideas on how is best to track him down, goes without saying there is a reward, Thanks.

Anthony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

We are missing our 5 year old yorkie called Stitch. Last seen in Ringsend at 4pm on Sunday. If anyone finds him, please contact me. Thanks a mill. He is microchipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balrudd

I'm very worried, my wee little cat has been missing for the past two days and I'm starting to get concerned for him. He's a one year old neutered tom and usually is never too far way from the house. If I do the usual "pisssshawish" from the back door he always comes back,, but for the past two days there has been no sign of him.....
    Hopefully he just went a bit too far and he is still trying to figure his way home,,,
    Has anyone had any experience of their cat being missing for a couple of days and returning,,,, I understand it is different with toms that have not been neutered as they can go missing for days on end, but our little fella is neutered and probably very lonely....
    Thank you ,, Worried Owner :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It happened me once,it turned out he was in a neighbours house getting food and lots of attention.The neighbour dident know it was my cat,now he goes over to the neighbour for visits and treats.
    Ask around maby someone has him and dosent know hes yours.
    Good Luck,let us know if you find him.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh my cat was always going awol for a few days..the longest was a week, but we put up posters and she was found not too far from us. Unfortunately, if your cat goes outdoors this is bound to happen at some stage. Collar, tag and microchip if thats the case.

After 2 days though id be asking around the neighbours etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

SuperTyper wrote: »
    We are missing our 5 year old yorkie called Stitch. Last seen in Ringsend at 4pm on Sunday. If anyone finds him, please contact me. Thanks a mill. He is microchipped.

Returned to us safe and sound, phew !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Our old cat went missing for about 3 months and then jumped in the window one morning like he never left, I was ''pishshhhwashing'' nearly every day until he came home!!
    It might be worth calling around to neighbours asking have they seen him, and if they have a shed just asking them if they wouldn't mind checking it, in case he got locked in there. He probably just found somebody with tastier food than you, since cats are ever so loyal!!:D Keep us updated anyways please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

hi, found a kitten last night, approx 5/6 months old, silver grey tabby
    very affectionate little soul,
    http://picasaweb.google.com/simplisticlycomplicated/FoundKittenCappaghRoad#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Hi all,

My friends very young, new kitten is lost in Clairemont Court estate in Glasnevin the other day. She is a very shy, nervous kitten.

She is a stripey tabby and has 4 white paws/socks.

If anyone even catches sight of her in the area please let me know.

Thanks

EDIT:
    Little Cleo was found safe and sound this morning! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Found: I found a budgie in the Christchurch, Dublin 8 area. It's safe and sound in my home now but is obviously a family pet and so I would be anxious to reunite it with its owners. Please reply to this post if you're missing a budgie from around this area.
    Thanks,
    Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Small Jack Russell found in Celbridge last night. Not sure of age but young.
    Safe in our home until we find owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend found this gorgeous chocolate labrador in Sutton, Dublin 13. She is between 12 years old and is extremely tame and quiet but very frail. Vet says she hasn't been mistreated or hurt

Unfortunately due to circumstances neither of us can keep her and will bring her to the ashtown pound tomorrow

Please contact ASAP if this is your dog and you want her back or if you would like to re-home this dog:(

Thanks

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

z_topaz wrote: »
    Found: I found a budgie in the Christchurch, Dublin 8 area. It's safe and sound in my home now but is obviously a family pet and so I would be anxious to reunite it with its owners. Please reply to this post if you're missing a budgie from around this area.
    Thanks,
    Clare
    hi im from cork so not familiar with dublin area but theres an ad on the lost and found website about a missing budgie from the lucan area, very tame 15 yrs old missing since the 19th of sept. the number is 0868092761

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Hey everyone,

We found a kitten in lusk yesterday (8th October). Its only about 10 weeks old - light ginger in colour.

For pic see http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/esnpat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SammyOwner

Sammy, missing from Ballycullen/Tallaght area of Dublin 24 from Thursday night last 8/10/09. Male, neutered and micro-chipped. Collie cross, with short legs, white and reddish/brown coat. Brown collar. We're desperate to have him back, anyone with information please pm me. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

For the UK based members viewing this site....
    Lost, Pixi, West Highland White Terrier, almost 2 years of age. She is newly clipped and has one ear up and one ear down. Small build.

Circumstances of loss:
    Someone shouted at her and she ran away from owner towards the big roundabout at London Colney near the motorway. Pixi is brain damaged as well as almost blind and is a very vulnerable dog.

More info on location: Pixi crossed the roundabout and motorway area on the B5378 Shenley Lane, and was last seen in the area of that road and the B556.

Pixi belongs to a disabled owner and help is needed in the area of London Colney. Dog warden has been called and is on way to help look for this girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Meirleach

Found a tabby kitten

Pretty big kitten, spotted it wandering around the Golden Island shopping center carpark in Athlone, trying to get itself squished.

Definitely used to be a pet, very very friendly, was absolutely no trouble in the car despite lack of any sort of box.

No idea if it's male or female.
    ss851035.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Oldish retriever type dog found in Hazelhatch Park Celbridge. I didnt find the dog but I have a number for the person who did. I think its female. She is friendly and appears to be used to living in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SammyOwner

My dog turned up, got a call from the vets today. He'd been with another family for the last week and they thought to take him to the vet where they read his micro-chip. Happy days and thank God for chipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hazlushka

Hey guys, my 4 month old tabby kitten has gone missing from the Grove park area in Rathmines. I dont know how far she could be by now! please if you have seen her or are taking care of her. let me know. We miss her very much. I have flyers up and have been out walking the streets,and still no sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hazlushka

Hey guys, My 4 month old tabby kitten went missing at the weekend from the Grove Park area of Rathmines, but God know how far she could be by now!! She is not used to being outside so am going frantic looking for her. If anybody could help I would be very greatful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

My brother and his friend found a young golden lab outside the GMIT this morning. He was nearly run over (a woman swerved to avoid him and he seems to have escaped with a grazed cheek) and they decided to take him in hand rather than risk letting him be run over again. They took him to the vet to be scanned for a chip, but no luck. He was with a black female lab mix, but she had no collar on her and ran away when we tried to catch her with my dog's slip lead; she was last seen heading up Tyco car park.

He's with me at the moment and I have a rescue space lined up for him with Madra if his owner can't be found, but he's in good condition so I'm hopeful his owner will be looking for him.

PM me if you know this dog!

Goldenlab002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Small male yorkie lost in the clondalkin area. Escaped leaving a very distraught family behind. Please keep a look out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Sorry if this has been posted already, seems to be doing the rounds on a ew sites.

Missing great Dane named Max stolen from Wales and now believed to be in Ireland

Max was stolen on 14th Feb 2008 in Wales. He is now believed to be in Ireland. He will now be 3 years old. We would be grateful if you could look out for this boy and check the chip of every Male Blue Great Dane in any rescue or vet practice.

His chip number is 985000001113069. There is a reward for any info leading to his safe return.

Max.jpg

Please take note of the distinguishing white flash on Max's chest

More info, including contact info can be found here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

LOST!!!!
    My cat Buster is missing since Tuesday 13th Oct from Athlone (Taughnaconnell area).
    He's a friendly, large, nuetered male cat.
    Reward offered for his return.
    If anyone has any info no matter how small or insignificant you think it is please let me know!

Here's some pics:
    th_B2.jpg

th_Buster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Pleased to announce that this lad is now safely back with his owners!
    Blueprint wrote: »
    My brother and his friend found a young golden lab outside the GMIT this morning. He was nearly run over (a woman swerved to avoid him and he seems to have escaped with a grazed cheek) and they decided to take him in hand rather than risk letting him be run over again. They took him to the vet to be scanned for a chip, but no luck. He was with a black female lab mix, but she had no collar on her and ran away when we tried to catch her with my dog's slip lead; she was last seen heading up Tyco car park.

He's with me at the moment and I have a rescue space lined up for him with Madra if his owner can't be found, but he's in good condition so I'm hopeful his owner will be looking for him.

PM me if you know this dog!

Goldenlab002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

Hi all,

i recently moved into a new house and my cat has gone missing. He's not going back to the old place, but he has been seen in the grounds of Hybreasal, Kilmainham and a neighbour has said that he thinks someone in the apartment block has been taking him in and minding him. He doesn't have a collar so I can understand if someone thinks he is a stray, but he is not, he has us all frantic. I saw him last weekend for a few hours but he disappeared again.
    If anyone in Hybreasal has seen him or is feeding him, PLEASE contact me asap and if at all possible, keep him in until I nip around and get him. He's a big ginger fella, with a little white patch on his chest and is very friendly - especially when theres a bit of chicken on the go!! His name is Flec.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

This morning we found a dog lying in the mud outside our house. he's a collie cross i'm guessingand is intact. very clingy but nervous as it seems he was knocked down. he was very hungry and thirsty was shaking and is scared of our dogs. he's black and white and i've just had him at the vets to get checked over. vet reconned he was knock down also but that hes ok and just a bit sore. i got him some pain killers and kennel cough in case he needs to go to a shelter for rehoming. he had no collar or chip and acted like he wasn't used to being on leash. I have no internet at home and am just using the net in my brothers house. please give me a call if you have any info

087 6969829

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

Hi all,

i recently moved into a new house and my cat has gone missing. He's not going back to the old place, but he has been seen in the grounds of Hybreasal, Kilmainham and a neighbour has said that he thinks someone in the apartment block has been taking him in and minding him. He doesn't have a collar so I can understand if someone thinks he is a stray, but he is not, he has us all frantic. I saw him last weekend for a few hours but he disappeared again.
    If anyone in Hybreasal has seen him or is feeding him, PLEASE contact me asap and if at all possible, keep him in until I nip around and get him. He's a big ginger fella, with a little white patch on his chest and is very friendly - especially when theres a bit of chicken on the go!! His name is Flec.

Thanks a million

I found my cat this morning!!! i'm so chuffed! I stuck up posters last night and 2 little kids told me this morning that he was in a house around the corner. it was really funny, i knocked on the door and told the woman i was looking for him and that the kids had said they'd seen him coming and going from her house and she goes "oh yeah, hang on and i'll just check the beds and see if he's here!"

The little fekker! he had us all worried sick, thinking all kinds of things had happened to him and he was in a house with a choice of different rooms and beds!!!

anyway, moral of the story - posters do work!

best of luck to everyone else looking for their little companions!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dmg11234

Hi All

We found a Male golden labrador cross this morning in Sallins Park at 7AM.

He appears to be in good health although I think he has fleas

He has a collar on but no tags

He gets on well with my other dog and is very friendly

I think he is a full breed though he is a bit smaller than your average Lab which leads me to think he is not fully grown but could be wrong

He has very small ears

If you know who might be missing this dog, call me on 0857108255

I brought him to the vet and he is Not microchipped...

Thanks!
    Dani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

LOST!!!!
    My cat Buster is missing since Tuesday 13th Oct from Athlone (Taughnaconnell area).
    He's a friendly, large, nuetered male cat.
    Reward offered for his return.
    If anyone has any info no matter how small or insignificant you think it is please let me know!

Here's some pics:
    th_B2.jpg

th_Buster.jpg

UPDATE - Just arrived back home safe and sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Black and White kitten went missing on Sat morning in Stepaside (Rectory). He has been seen in Belarmine yesterday (Wednesday). If you see him (he is very friendly) please bring him to the vet at Lambs Doyle Cross as he is micochipped or just PM me.
    Thanks,
    Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

rather than double-post, I've just posted this here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62792067#post62792067

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hi guys

Found a dog last night very scared and lost. He is an older dog, I have put him up on pets.ie lost and found section under http://www.pets.ie/lost_found/dog_found_found_kildare-406.html

It was in the Naas area of Kildare.

Drop me a PM if anyone has any ideas. There is definately a family somewhere looking for him

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yermandan, put posters up in shops, let the local vets and guards know you have him, vets may recognise him even and you can have them scan him for a chip. Try walking him around the area. Poor boy, hope you find his owners soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

Found a dog this afternoon in Silversprings, Mayfield area of Cork City.

Well fed, friendly, seems to know the sit command but uncollared and not microchipped (we had it checked). Currently destroying my back garden and fiancé is really not happy. :mad:

Have put up a couple of posters in the area. For more info call 0833730135.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Well fed, friendly, seems to know the sit command but uncollared and not microchipped (we had it checked). Currently destroying my back garden and fiancé is really not happy. :mad:

Some basic info on the breed and age would be helpful, along with a picture if you've already gotten it onto a poster, you'd be suprised how many would recognise him. I live near that area actually so throw up an ole pic if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

tommy21 wrote: »
    Some basic info on the breed and age would be helpful, along with a picture if you've already gotten it onto a poster, you'd be suprised how many would recognise him. I live near that area actually so throw up an ole pic if you can.

He's a bully breed, of unknown age (not a pup at any rate). No picture on the poster, nor putting a picture on here because I don't want some scumbag claiming him for breeding/dog fighting when they aren't the owner.

If someone has lost a dog they will be able to describe him :) Getting help from one of them local animal shelters anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

Hannah forgot to say to you yesterday, dont forget to report that you have the dog to the local guarda station in Mayfield they may Just happen to know the dog..
    Anne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Found Wednesday night by Clonsilla train station, D15. About 3 months old, no collar, friendly. Now in care of DSPCA. If you know of anyone that is missing him please PM me.

?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=124c5a6cc2cfa5f4

?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=124c5a75d5df226b

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kerrz

White and black kitten found on point road area of Dundalk ...Arrived at our patio doors last nite desperate to get in despite a barking dog ! Seems well looked after ... had a shaved area on left hand side going from stomach to tail area nearly .Very hungry , extremely playful not at all put out by dog , so prob a family kitten just lost

Can be contacted on 086 3155943

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

kerrz wrote: »
    White and black kitten found on point road area of Dundalk ...Arrived at our patio doors last nite desperate to get in despite a barking dog ! Seems well looked after ... had a shaved area on left hand side going from stomach to tail area nearly .Very hungry , extremely playful not at all put out by dog , so prob a family kitten just lost

Can be contacted on 086 3155943

The shaved area might be from a visit to the vet, they might recognise the kitten, or you could put posters up in the vets around your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Hey,

me and my boyfriends kitten went missing on Friday 6th November in the afternoon in Sligo. He was last seen at 2.30pm. He is a very independant and noisy cat. So he would jump in a car he doesnt even know. I dont know where he went but I really miss him! :( I put signs up in shops and that but noone came back to us yet. Really sad cuz he was a very special cat. Here some pictures of him. If anyone seen him PM straight away please. You will get a handsome reward of course because this cat means a lot to us!

tiger15.jpg
    tiger17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beany12

my dog is missing since the 3-11-09
    He is a brown and white(miniture) terrier and is only 3 months old.

if anyone see's this dog could they please ring the number in the add

He went missing from the Ballysimon Road area of Limerick city
    there is a reward offered for the return of the dog
    Thanks

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/kqs9wd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

jandoggies3.jpg

OllieOzzy.jpg

To whom it may concern

Two male jack russell crosses 18 months old missing/stolen from Dublin 24 area. Missing under unusual circumstances. They are neutered and micro-chipped. They have collars and tags. They are two rescue pups and are brothers. We are so worried they might be separated.

These dogs are dearly missed and very much loved. They are adored family pets.

please post this notice up everywhere you can think of the more places the better!!!

Kind Regards

Suzi

www.dogsindistress.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lyndilu

Small male yorkie lost in the clondalkin area. Escaped leaving a very distraught family behind. Please keep a look out.

Hi Helena,

I found a Male Yorkie on Sat 7th Nov in Lucan. Just wondering whether you found your yorkie. please can you let me know.

Advertisement