Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiss watch maker SBB challenges Apple

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I have two hands, a round face and get wound up from time to time.
    I hope they don't sue me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

zom wrote: »
    "...Everyone's stealing from someone..."

SWISS railway operator SBB and a Swiss watchmaker are considering challenging Apple over the striking similarity between the country's trademark station clocks and the clock on a new operating system for the iPad.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/swiss-watch-maker-sbb-challenges-apple-over-new-ipad-clock-3236234.html
    And?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

They must be ticked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I have two hands, a round face and get wound up from time to time.
    I hope they don't sue me too!

Spoken like a true professional. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Time on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

This thread has striking similarities to a thread I own shares in.

Im suing you for emotional distress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The colours on the clocks are just reversed, the way the Red Cross flag is the Swiss flag reversed. What's deal with reversing the colours of Swiss stuff?

The colours on the clocks are just reversed, the way the Red Cross flag is the Swiss flag reversed. What's deal with reversing the colours of Swiss stuff?

Because then it might become ssiws stuff and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

this is getting ridiculous in fairness, although apple have brought it on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Have you got an opinion on this op or are you just posting stories for the fun of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Have you got an opinion on this op or are you just posting stories for the fun of it?

So many words wasted for "...how Apple cares about design and brand image...", so many cries how progressive and creative they are. So many lies.

Poetic justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

It's all gone cuckoo at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What goes around comes around.

Apple started this sh*t when they tried to patent slide to unlock.

Slide to unlock

recyclebin wrote: »
    What goes around comes around.

Apple started this sh*t when they tried to patent slide to unlock.

Slide to unlock

They also claimed to have invented the "Point and click" interface, but Smith And Wesson had that one covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Pottler wrote: »
    It's all gone cuckoo at this stage.

It's all gone a bit Pete

DONG.....DONG.....DONG...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Is there not like an Apple forum so people can just fock off and talk shìte on that?

All I see, hear and read is apple apple apple bla bla bla no one gives a flying fook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

"...Everyone's stealing from someone..."

SWISS railway operator SBB and a Swiss watchmaker are considering challenging Apple over the striking similarity between the country's trademark station clocks and the clock on a new operating system for the iPad.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/swiss-watch-maker-sbb-challenges-apple-over-new-ipad-clock-3236234.html
    You lifted the headline from the Irish Independent...

SBB is the Swiss rail company who first used the design, they don't make watches. The Swiss watch maker concerned is Mondaine.

Yet another example of how the Indo's headlines often say something different to the facts in actual body of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

who owns toblerown.......?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Apparently it's a poor case - more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

they will give apple .....hell-betya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

opti0nal wrote: »

SBB is the Swiss rail company who first used the design, they don't make watches. The Swiss watch maker concerned is Mondaine.

Yet another example of how the Indo's headlines often say something different to the facts in actual body of the article.
    Unless you're a tecchie, the whole threads mondaine.:D Anyway, the OP robbed that from the Indo - they should sue him. I know, it has a u and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

opti0nal wrote: »

It's really doesn't matter who design that clock, and when (1940) - it's all about Apple playing like they invented everything and all the others are sealing from them. Apple playing like they are most progressive and creative. Apple playing to take greatest care about design and branding. And seems like (at least) some of this is just LIES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

It's really doesn't matter who design that clock, and when (1940) - it's all about Apple playing like they invented everything ...Apple playing like they are most progressive and creative. Apple playing to take greatest care about design and branding. And seems like (at least) some of this is just LIES.

OK, then to join two threads:

Apple = Hipster of technology.

Advertisement