Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam

Options
  • 22-09-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

The modern day elephant in the room... Islam.

By now most of ye would probably have heard about the youtube video that is taking the mick out of Mohammad.

In the last week protests have seemingly brought many major cities in Pakistan in particular over this video some random pakastani guy who lives in America made.

A few people have been killed in pakistan over this video, mass protests, thousands of christians who resided in pakistan had to leave in fear for their lives and now today a pakastani government minister has placed a bounty on the film makers head of $100,000 and encouraged the taliban brothers to go after him even though the taliban has murdered dozens of his party collegues.

You remenber a year ago the same violent reactions happened over a cartoon in a magazine.

If anything negative is said in the media it seems innocent people die and there are large scale violent riots throughout the Muslim world.

Check out the guy in Dubai that had single grain of weed stuck to the sole of his shoe in a cigarette butt... 4 years jail.

How about the guy who had a sandwitch roll in heathrow airport on his way to Dubai, he got 4 years for having 3 poppy seeds on his clothes.

A mentally retarded christan child jailed for burning a book.

A woman cant leave the house without being accompanied by a male relation and even then cant talk to a male stranger.

a lot of clerics promote violence to uneducated isolated communities.

You have to respect different cultures but people are being killed and persecuted.

Jesus Christ wont someone protect the children!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Once a dude drew a picture of Buddha walking down the road and the perspective was all wrong so I punched him in the face.

Some of the parents called it harsh but as an art teacher I stand by my methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Religion of peace reference shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Islam backwards is malsi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Religion should be about forgiveness, respect for your fellow man, different views etc.......

It seems Islam is not about that really.

OP. Lookit, we've both got a Fatuah on our heads because you started this damm thread.

Damm you to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

You have to respect different cultures

No you don't. Some cultures are genuinely retarded and don't deserve respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jesus Christ wont someone protect the children!

I don't think calling upon the church of Christ to look after the children is the answer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Such is the sad thing about this religion, I don't expect this thread to be allowed stay open for long.
    That in itself says a lot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Religion should be about forgiveness, respect for your fellow man, different views etc.......

It seems Islam is not about that really.

Ohh its Islam thats causing the troubles in the North ... Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

weisses wrote: »

Ohh its Islam thats causing the troubles in the North ... Yawn

What a stupid post.

No you don't. Some cultures are genuinely retarded and don't deserve respect.

You mean the gingers bashing each others heads in up north ??

Dean09 wrote: »
    What a stupid post.

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Biggins wrote: »
    Such is the sad thing about this religion, I don't expect this thread to be allowed stay open for long.
    That in itself says a lot about it.

Sure does.

Feel free to have this discussion some where else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement