Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you do much in the evenings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Whiskey tasting

Feckin prohibition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Gyms are as dull as anything.

Why do you go so? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 iPhone Crusader

Of course you are, look at your username even.

Worry about your own username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Watch telly, potter on computer, walk the dog.

Too poor to be able to afford anything else! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Up until tonight it has been -karate training two nights a week, one night a week chilling out watching tv messing around on laptop etc... two nights out with girlfriend, then the weekend and that's a mix of things including hanging out with my girlfriend, out for drinks, house work, shopping etc..

but starting next week back to college at night with classes four night a week... eurrrrrgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Horse riding, walking, visiting friends, etc. I do like to keep the odd evening free to vegetate on the couch and catch up on tv shows I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I rarely have a whole evening with nothing on, I get bored too easily.
    Usually go for a run/cycle straight after work, then dinner and either go out and do something like cinema/meeting/music in pub/friends' house for a sit, or find some wee project at home.
    I can't watch telly for long, I either get too twitchy or I fall asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I come here, linger for a while and grow quite resentful, then just stare blankly at the ceiling till I pass out/fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Gym, boxing, drawing, writing, reading, cooking, wine tasting, whiskey tasting, theatre, internet, hanging out with friends, watching films, photography, music, piano, walks, cycling, meditation, learning languages.

Just off the top of my head.

Lying.

You forgot lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Quorum wrote: »
    Why do you go so? :)

Weight training and I live in a city. I'd rather climb a mountain, swim in a lake... Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I always thought gyms were a load of strangers in a room, listening to their iPods and lifting heavy things repeatedly.

Training is much better. Even with non team sports like boxing or martial arts, you still get to interact with people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Gym, Walk, meet friends, net, watch TV/soccer, cry, drink tea, clean stuff, go to the beach, do handstands in the garden, play playstation.

And Scientology on top of that Tom.
    Classes two evenings a week, gym three evenings a week, drink and bolllixing two evenings. rest one evening.

wish there were more evenings in the week tbh.

Did you get one of those joke shop calendars by any chance?

THINGS TO DO TODAY:

A) Drink coffee √

B) Smoke cigarettes √

C) Masturbate √

D) Cry √

E) Update revenge list √

F) Repeat steps A to D (pending)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

And here was me thinking that the interweb was full of fat, lazy, geeky, no-sports-doing, booze-swilling, x-box playing, good for nothings.

Damn you fitness people on boards, you are giving "us" a bad name:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Timistry

Well I get up at 5.30am, get to work by 6.45am and get home around 5.30pm. By the time I go food shopping, cook dinner and make lunch, shower and do the housework its 8pm. After that I kick back and have a cup of tea, read the news and browse the interwebz. 14 hours a day on the move is enough besides going to the gym, running etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

Mon, Wed, Fri I work until 9pm so when I get home I watch tv until I fall asleep
    Tuesdays I train in MMA
    Thursdays I train in Kickboxing
    Saturdays I'm on the piss
    Sundays I'm recovering
    Overall, a rewarding week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Monday: Triathlon
    Tuesday: Lion taming
    Wednesday: Help out at the homeless shelter
    Thursday: Alaskan Crab fishing
    Friday: Be Batman
    Saturday: Go on the piss all day
    Sunday: laze about the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I usually get home from work about 9pm and I'm up at 6am the following morning (although hopefully that schedule will change a bit this year), so I usually get some grub into me, try and go for even a 20 minute run every other night and then just kill some time on this yoke as I've no telly then get into bed with a book and fall asleep with it perched on my belly. Usually don't work Fridays or at least get a half day, so it makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Thinly veiled 'I work out' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Qmov

Facebook

Empflix

The YNC

In that order:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Weight training and I live in a city. I'd rather climb a mountain, swim in a lake... Again.

You couldn't get me inside a gym except against my will. I cycle a lot and swim for upper body strength. All low impact though, so I like the occasional hike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Monday & Thursday - Hurling training, light dinner, netflix / TV and bed.
    Tuesday & Wednesday - dinner, a beer netflix / TV and bed.
    Friday, Saturday & Sunday - I might go out, go to cinema, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Play football 3 evenings a week (only on school nights). Out all day in the pub usually on a Saturday, sometimes go Friday evening too.

Sunday is strictly couch day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I just have a small cry in the shower.
    Piriz wrote: »
    crying chair...
    Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Gym, Walk, meet friends, net, watch TV/soccer, cry, drink tea, clean stuff, go to the beach, do handstands in the garden, play playstation.
    THINGS TO DO TODAY:

A) Drink coffee √

B) Smoke cigarettes √

C) Masturbate √

D) Cry √

E) Update revenge list √

F) Repeat steps A to D (pending)

Sure is a lot of crying going on. Perhaps a club of some sort could be formed out of this........with badges.......and hats...... and hookers.

Ok forget the badges and hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Training Tuesdays and Thursdays, cooking/reading/writing/watching a boxset Mondays and Wednesdays. Fridays don't count, Sundays are weeknights. Spend them drumming in rehearsals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have a bad dose of runner's knee so am off football and jogging for the next few weeks. Before that, it was as follows

Monday: Astro football
    Tuesday: Band practise or short run (8k minimum)
    Wednesday: Gym
    Thursday: Football
    Friday: Gym

All the above are followed by a little study/internet/xbox before bed. I do a long run every Saturday morning. If I have band practise on Tuesday, I run on Sunday, otherwise I use it as my weekly rest day.

I have a bad dose of runner's knee so am off football and jogging for the next few weeks. Before that, it was as follows

Monday: Astro football
    Tuesday: Band practise or short run (8k minimum)
    Wednesday: Gym
    Thursday: Football
    Friday: Gym

All the above are followed by a little study/internet/xbox before bed. I do a long run every Saturday morning. If I have band practise on Tuesday, I run on Sunday, otherwise I use it as my weekly rest day.

No Chess? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

knit, sew, roller skate, zumba, read in the bath, drink wine, watch a film, bake, look at mindless sh1te on the internet, pace with a crying baby, do my OH's tax returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Part time farmer so every evening is taken up farming as it every weekend...
    Also try and run every night.. 3-4k at the moment and increasing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Walk the dogs, 45 min to 1 hour, make dinner, light fire, put on a wash, hang out a wash and put away a wash, tidy over the house quickly on a week night. Then it's onto the sofa where I read, watch telly, surf, talk to friends etc for about 1-2 hours then bed. The occassional night out with friends, or family popping over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Jogathon wrote: »
    Monday - 6-7 mile run then go soccer training.
    Tuesday - meet friend for 4 mile run then camogie training.
    Wednesday - soccer match.
    Thursday - camogie training.
    Friday - swim - so I smell nice going out!
    Saturday - long run - out that night.
    Sunday is a day of rest/hangover.

Every night - Monday to Thurs I love to be home at 9ish, showered after working hard and exercising, and then I love to read, watch telly and chill until 11 bedtime.

Camogie training
    Camogie Training
    Where's the Camogie match? :D

Fair play to you on the running. I do 5k every second evening thinking I was deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm supposed to be back at hockey but did my achilles tendon in on the first session back :(

If I head straight home from work, I usually get in at around 6.15. Then it's laundry, dinner, make tomo's lunch, clean around the place (it's amazing how manky the place gets with just me in it), shower & and watch tv in bed. I try be settled in by 10-10.30ish, although don't go to sleep til 11-11.30ish. It's nice to wind down.
    I stay at my OH's a good bit, so I have to play catch up when I am home.
    It feels like it's a rarity that I do head straight home from work though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Quorum wrote: »
    You couldn't get me inside a gym except against my will. I cycle a lot and swim for upper body strength. All low impact though, so I like the occasional hike too.

I was training up until the end of last season and spent the summer doing nothing, not a thing. Drinking beer and having the craic. Just getting back into now and by fcuk does it hurt. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I take care of my horse after work and then relax :D

You lead a stable life.

I sit on my couch thinking about what I should be doing. That takes up a lot of the week. mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Elessar

Monday - browse the web on the laptop
    Tuesday - browse the web on the laptop
    Wednesday - browse the web on the laptop
    Thursday - browse the web on the laptop
    Friday - browse the web on the laptop
    Saturday - browse the web on the laptop, maybe go out if I'm not working
    Sunday - browse the web on the laptop

I work shift so my free time is few and far between. Either I'm up early next morning (ala 2.30am) to do anything the night before, or I don't finish til late, or I'm working nights. Don't see my friends for weeks on end. All I do is work and sleep. And browse the web on the laptop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I find it tough, I'm not very good with not being busy. I go to the gym after work, stay as long as possible after in sauna etc, then slowly make my way home, sometimes I walk as it takes over an hour and I get back much later. It's those hours between about 8pm and bedtime where I just don't know what to do with myself, unless football is on. I usually go to the pub across road but trying to knock that on the head. I wish I had the patience to sit there playing video games or whatever it is people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Monday - Indoor soccer
    Tuesday - Gym then Rugby training
    Wednesday - Indoor soccer
    Thursday - Gym then Rugby training
    Friday - Gym
    Saturday - Rugby Match
    Sunday - Gym/Rest if dying with a hangover and don't want to drop 90kg on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Camogie training
    Camogie Training
    Where's the Camogie match? :D

Fair play to you on the running. I do 5k every second evening thinking I was deadly!

Generally one every second week - on a thurs evening or Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Elessar wrote: »
    Monday - browse the web on the laptop
    Tuesday - browse the web on the laptop
    Wednesday - browse the web on the laptop
    Thursday - browse the web on the laptop
    Friday - browse the web on the laptop
    Saturday - browse the web on the laptop, maybe go out if I'm not working
    Sunday - browse the web on the laptop

I work shift so my free time is few and far between. Either I'm up early next morning (ala 2.30am) to do anything the night before, or I don't finish til late, or I'm working nights. Don't see my friends for weeks on end. All I do is work and sleep. And browse the web on the laptop.

nice to see someone telling the truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Tuesdays I go cinema, Wednesdays I meet my knitting group, Thursdays I go to a table quiz. Other than that I attempt to study and read or listen to an audio book while I knit. Browse the webz a lot.

I am a wild child :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Tuesdays I go cinema, Wednesdays I meet my knitting group, Thursdays I go to a table quiz. Other than that I attempt to study and read or listen to an audio book while I knit. Browse the webz a lot.

I am a wild child :D

Thinly Veiled "im 82 years of age post" ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Midweek after work I'll come home and watch Breaking Bad, Game of thrones etc, mix that up with a bit of fifa and a nice cup of tea....SOOOORTED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

xhamster, emmerdale, EastEnders, fair city, tea and toast, breaking bad, xhamster, shower, listen to audiobook in bed, sleep.

MJ23 wrote: »
    xhamster, emmerdale, EastEnders, fair city, tea and toast, breaking bad, xhamster, shower, listen to audiobook in bed, sleep.

emphasis on the xhamster

Pilates once or twice a week, german class once a week for the evening, singing. Have work exams twice a year so at the moment evenings are also spent cramming.
    That or meeting friends of course
    Was doing cello as well but just don't have the time to practice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

ronan45 wrote: »
    Thinly Veiled "im 82 years of age post" ^^^

Do what makes you happy :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    Pilates once or twice a week, german class once a week for the evening, singing. Have work exams twice a year so at the moment evenings are also spent cramming.
    That or meeting friends of course
    Was doing cello as well but just don't have the time to practice :(

What's Pilates, a cross between a pilot and a pirate? :confused:

And yes I'm far too lazy today to google it

kfallon wrote: »
    What's Pilates, a cross between a pilot and a pirate? :confused:

And yes I'm far too lazy today to google it

bit like yoga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Monday - Walk the dogs , dinner , Astro football
    Tuesday - Walk the dogs , dinner , football training
    Wednesday - Walk the dogs , dinner , Xbox , TV
    Thursday - Dinner , Football training
    Friday - Walk the dogs , dinner , chill out , go out , drink
    Saturday - Up early , walk the dogs, footbal match then see what happens
    Sunday - Sunday dinner! , Astro football in the evening...and hopefully a Ford super Sunday!

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Monday - Walk the dogs , dinner , Astro football
    Tuesday - Walk the dogs , dinner , football training
    Wednesday - Walk the dogs , dinner , Xbox , TV
    Thursday - Dinner , Football training
    Friday - Walk the dogs , dinner , chill out , go out , drink
    Saturday - Up early , walk the dogs, footbal match then see what happens
    Sunday - Sunday dinner! , Astro football in the evening...and hopefully a Ford super Sunday!

jesus you like walking those dogs!

FP

• Advertisement
Advertisement