Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 San Francisco 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 derf345

SUMMER14 wrote: »
    Hey there, I'm going on a J1 to San Fran this year on my own, so I would be interested in sharing accommodation to keep the cost down etc. I'm going for sure so if you're looking to get numbers to share, I'd be up for it. I'll be flying out last week of May. The earlier you go, the better chance of getting a job, or so i've heard. Oh & i'm 23

If you're interested in sorting something out, sure pm me here <mod snip>

Cheers

Have you sorted accommodation yet? I'm heading over on my own as well and still unsure about where I'll be getting my shut-eye. What's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nmk4

Hey,

I did a J1 in SF (lived in Berkeley) in 2011 when I was 19 and I'm out here at the min for a few weeks holiday. If you're over, give me a PM and we'll go for a few scoops - I might even have the odd bit of useful info for you between ****e talk!

For anyone that's not over yet, weather is good, it's 24C atm - only here two days and I've sunburn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 derf345

nmk4 wrote: »
    Hey,

I did a J1 in SF (lived in Berkeley) in 2011 when I was 19 and I'm out here at the min for a few weeks holiday. If you're over, give me a PM and we'll go for a few scoops - I might even have the odd bit of useful info for you between ****e talk!

For anyone that's not over yet, weather is good, it's 24C atm - only here two days and I've sunburn!

Sound, sound. C'mere what did you do when you were 19, in terms of a fake ID? Presume it's needed if your heading out for a night on the town? I'm 20 myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nmk4

derf345 wrote: »
    Sound, sound. C'mere what did you do when you were 19, in terms of a fake ID? Presume it's needed if your heading out for a night on the town? I'm 20 myself..

I'd a friend's age card from home and a photoshopped copy of my passport to match his details which I printed off.

Didn't really head out in the city much but there were a few places in Berkeley which I got into all the time.

Otherwise if you're going to be living in Berkeley, it's a college town so there's lots of 18-21 year olds in the same boat so they're all having house parties anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hey!

I'd love to do a J1 in San Francisco next year. How much does it end up costing in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Jasus this apartment hunting is a right pain in the a**e...apparently housing is extremely tight this year, even amongst the locals which isn't helping but I have pretty much everything else sorted at this stage and would like to finish the jigsaw with a place to stay permanently. Don't get me wrong, the hostel we have is perfect...just not sustainable in the long run! I'd imagine there are plenty of people in the same boat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 plecky93

Obrieski wrote: »
    Jasus this apartment hunting is a right pain in the a**e...apparently housing is extremely tight this year, even amongst the locals which isn't helping but I have pretty much everything else sorted at this stage and would like to finish the jigsaw with a place to stay permanently. Don't get me wrong, the hostel we have is perfect...just not sustainable in the long run! I'd imagine there are plenty of people in the same boat though.

I'm heading out on Sunday myself, which hostel did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

plecky93 wrote: »
    I'm heading out on Sunday myself, which hostel did you go for?

Sorry only saw this now, hope you found somewhere decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michmochw

Hey! i'm a 22 y/o american/irish citizen and i'm going mad here in kerry so i'm thinking about taking a last minute trip to SF. I dont actually need the j1 seeing as I'm american and I've a bunch of family there but i'm just wondering if any irish people are looking for someone to live with for july/august? i kinda want to do the whole j1 experience but don't know anyone going!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

michmochw wrote: »
    Hey! i'm a 22 y/o american/irish citizen and i'm going mad here in kerry so i'm thinking about taking a last minute trip to SF. I dont actually need the j1 seeing as I'm american and I've a bunch of family there but i'm just wondering if any irish people are looking for someone to live with for july/august? i kinda want to do the whole j1 experience but don't know anyone going!

I'm in the same boat. Looking to go on a J1 this summer but can find people to go with. Maybe getting a few boardies in the same situation might be a good idea!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement