Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oktoberfest

• 22-09-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Ok, so there is a group of us slightly tipsy at Oktoberfest what should we do?
    So far we have been on best behaviour not to make german jokes,
    ie. we did nazi that comin
    Talk to us boardsies proof promised but might be a week late.
    most thanks get the vote.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Snort cocaine off the arse of a hure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

But but but its September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

But but but its September

Oktoberfest started today and you're totes jelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you see a blonde hair and blue eyed German ask if they are one of Hitler's test tube babies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

You should definitely log onto a forum and create a thread when you're at one of the world's largest festivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Real Oktoberfest or Fake IFSC Oktoberfest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Oktoberfest started today and you're totes jelly

Totes jelly?

I really want to ban you after that. :p

Can you not have a good time out with friends, without asking boards what to do? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

bluewolf wrote: »
    Can you not have a good time out with friends, without asking boards what to do? :confused:

That's a bit like asking, can you not have a good time out with friends without alcohol?

Yes, you can, but it's not as much fun.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Onthepisstoberfest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

drink until youre not able to use your phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Don't mention the War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Totes jelly?

I really want to ban you after that. :p
    Do! That'd be amazeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Real Oktoberfest or Fake IFSC Oktoberfest?

Fake IFSC Oktoberfest is fun, I don't really care that it's not in Germany. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

You're at Oktoberfest and you came on Boards.ie? Get off the internet and make the most of it you fucking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I'm sure everyone is dying to get their idea implemented for your evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny_B0y

Get naked and jump in the canal the climate is perfect right now!:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's a well known fact that Germans don't have a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny_B0y

lies they are master trolls! see how they got all those people to think they were having a shower!!!;)

• Advertisement

Quorum wrote: »
    Fake IFSC Oktoberfest is fun, I don't really care that it's not in Germany. :cool:

You've obviously not been to the one in Munich so?

You've obviously not been to the one in Munich so?

Nope. I didn't say it was comparable, I said it was fun and I enjoyed it. And I did. :cool:

Quorum wrote: »
    Nope. I didn't say it was comparable, I said it was fun and I enjoyed it. And I did. :cool:

If you go to Munich, you will care that the one in Dublin is just a small ****ty tent with Paulaner and Erdinger. Glad you had fun though. It's all about the banter really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you were in Munich things would be much better, you wouldn't remember what your phone was nor how to use it. It is a festival like no other!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I thought it would have been obvious........... stick your face in a beer maidens cleavage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I'm not quite sure but doesn't the Oktoberfest Festival have something to do with beer? And not just beer in an average pint glass but you get it in one of those huge motherfúcking don't know whether to drink it or climb it glasses. All this in massive marquees with great live music and comely maidens serving ye.

So what do you mean ye don't know what to do?

You are at the Munich Oktoberfest and not the Ballinasloe one?

If you go to Munich, you will care that the one in Dublin is just a small ****ty tent with Paulaner and Erdinger. Glad you had fun though. It's all about the banter really.

I would like to go the German one even though I don't drink beer. But the Dublin one is grand. Obviously it's not the same thing and you'd be an idiot to think it would be. If you don't expect it to compare going to it, you'll have a good time.

Advertisement