Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Islam

• 23-09-2012 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

It seems that any threads on Islam/Muslims gets deleted very quickly.

Could a moderator outline the do' and dont's so that we can discuss our views of the pros and cons of Islam and current related world events?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Just don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Such a short time on this site OP, yet you seem to have visited enough Forums to realise that this place exists.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=571

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

I have a feeling a conversation in After Hours would be more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People seem to be able to say what they like about Christianity so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same in regard to Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

A great bunch of lads

• Advertisement

Apparently being gay is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

But not in other Islamic countries.

opti0nal wrote: »
    But not in other Islamic countries.

I don't know, the programme I was watching was about Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

strange laws in some countries.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

1. Post question about Islam
    2. Muhammad
    3. ???
    3. PROPHET!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

If your religion is worth killing for,please start with yourself!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Such a short time on this site OP, yet you seem to have visited enough Forums to realise that this place exists.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=571

That forum is mainly for discussing the religious and spiritual aspects of religions and (in the Islam thread in particular) any negative commentry or valid criticism is barely entertained. I feel the OP wants to discuss the slightly scary wider inplications of the more militant, violent , intent on world domination strain of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

durka durka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There is, however, a thriving gay scene none the less. The cops don't want to enforce it so rarely make any efforts to catch people, and the government doesn't want to make an issue of it, because many men get up to gay adventures in their youth and the last thing they want is for some of the excesses of the royal family to come to light.

Really interesting article here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

I don't know, the programme I was watching was about Saudi Arabia.
    So, it would be wrong to make a generalisation about Islam because of a practice in one country.

Your point relates to Saudi Arabia, not Islam.

One thing not widely understood is that Islam is not a centralised religion like Catholicism. How it is practiced varies from sect to sect and from place to place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

opti0nal wrote: »
    So, it would be wrong to make a generalisation about Islam because of a practice in one country.

Your point relates to Saudi Arabia, not Islam.

One thing not widely understood is that Islam is not a centralised religion like Catholicism. How it is practiced varies from sect to sect and from place to place.

Don't be silly, muslims are all the same. Why I had a muslim neighbour once who smelled me cooking bacon after a night out on the tiles and he beheaded me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Don't be silly, muslims are all the same. Why I had a muslim neighbour once who smelled me cooking bacon after a night out on the tiles and he beheaded me.

are you now working in the head office.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

As it is in Uganda which is primarily Christian.

As it is in Uganda which is primarily Christian.

Christians might frown on the gay lifestyle but I haven't seen the clergy calling for the death sentence for them lately.

Now Sharia Law, that's a whole different story....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patD22

If your religion is worth killing for,please start with yourself!!!
    hence the sucide bomber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Be carefull now Afterhours, before we know it there will be a fatwa against Boards and riots across the Muslim world. I wouldnt blame boards for being a bit over heavy in its moderation of all things Muslim, the Muslim world doesnt seem to have much of a sense of humor when it comes to its religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Richebacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

That guy has basically said the exact same thing in every single video he's ever posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Christians might frown on the gay lifestyle but I haven't seen the clergy calling for the death sentence for them lately.

Turkeys don't vore for Chrimbo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

OP. when you have a thread closed, PM the mod who closed
    It to seek clarification if you wish. Do not start a new thread.

There is an Islam related thread on the go already. they tend to be full of misinformation and nonsense. If you really want to discuss it, go to the relevant forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement