Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dzeko Leicester away
    tmc86 wrote: »
    a toss between Hazard and Dzeko

Im in the same dilemma.

I'll pick one and you pick the other :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Toure Leicester away
    We can flip for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Hazard Hull home
    Hazard for me. I am so sure . No doubt whatsoever.
    But those Dzeco odds are short.....and Costa is due a few......

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Dzeko Leicester away
    rikaiser wrote: »
    Costa looked very good against Schalke but didnt score!
    He is due toget back into form and I am hoping him to get two goals this weekend

Hehe I often think like this too but I think it might be a leak. I'd much rather give the arm band to someone who is in form, over someone who is due to hit form. Giving it to Dzeko this week feels a bit like captaining Lukaku.

Be it Costa or Hazard, I can't see past 2-3 Chelsea goals, last season they shut up shop in this fixture at 2-0. A similar scoreline wouldn't surprise me in the least with a busy schedule approaching.

Leicester at home have conceded 2 goals to Everton, 3 to Liverpool and 3 to United. 3-4 city goals could easily be on the cards. Though Dzeko is unlikely to play the full 90 minutes. Costa played mid-week too (wtf Mourinho!).

Hazard rattled the wood work against Newcastle and scored from open play in the previous game. Clearly Hazard is the the most in form player of the three, in addition he's most likely to play the full 90 minutes of all three options.

Hazard is the clear choice, for now it's on him but I'm seriously considering Yaya or Dzeko as a viable option. I think there will be goals in the city game and morale is going to be high after their exploits in Rome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Would I be crazy to captain Ivanovic? Chelsea clean shhet seems almost gauranteed and he's due a few attacking points. Have it on hazard for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dzeko Leicester away
    spock. wrote: »
    Would I be crazy to captain Ivanovic? Chelsea clean shhet seems almost gauranteed and he's due a few attacking points. Have it on hazard for now

Yes you would. Don't quote me tomorrow after he gets a goal, assist and clean sheet and then hurl abuse :pac:

You know who else is due attacking points? Hazard.

*hurries off to lump big on Ivanovic scoring*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dzeko Leicester away
    spock. wrote: »

I personally would never captain a defender since attacking returns are rare and cleanies are never guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard Hull home
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    Hehe I often think like this too but I think it might be a leak. I'd much rather give the arm band to someone who is in form, over someone who is due to hit form. Giving it to Dzeko this week feels a bit like captaining Lukaku.

Be it Costa or Hazard, I can't see past 2-3 Chelsea goals, last season they shut up shop in this fixture at 2-0. A similar scoreline wouldn't surprise me in the least with a busy schedule approaching.

Leicester at home have conceded 2 goals to Everton, 3 to Liverpool and 3 to United. 3-4 city goals could easily be on the cards. Though Dzeko is unlikely to play the full 90 minutes. Costa played mid-week too (wtf Mourinho!).

Hazard rattled the wood work against Newcastle and scored from open play in the previous game. Clearly Hazard is the the most in form player of the three, in addition he's most likely to play the full 90 minutes of all three options.

Hazard is the clear choice, for now it's on him but I'm seriously considering Yaya or Dzeko as a viable option. I think there will be goals in the city game and morale is going to be high after their exploits in Rome.

Good points, although while I agree City morale will be high, there may be a little hangover effect. Very quick turnaround between these 2 games (Roma and now Leicester - both away). Also when you consider, with Aguero absent, the 3 players they'll most be looking to - Dzeko/Silva/Jovetic are all fairly rusty to say the least. For this reason I'd avoid captaining a City player this week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dzeko Leicester away
    Costa or Hazard...

Daddy or chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dzeko Leicester away
    I personally would never captain a defender since attacking returns are rare and cleanies are never guaranteed.

+1 As soon as Hull scores you know you are out.

If you captain a midfielder / forward, they can score anytime.

You can't expect a defender to score after they are 1 goal down.

• Advertisement

Dzeko Leicester away
    manual_man wrote: »
    Good points, although while I agree City morale will be high, there may be a little hangover effect. Very quick turnaround between these 2 games (Roma and now Leicester - both away). Also when you consider, with Aguero absent, the 3 players they'll most be looking to - Dzeko/Silva/Jovetic are all fairly rusty to say the least. For this reason I'd avoid captaining a City player this week

Very true, though this could be exactly the kind of fixture they need to to sharpen up and if they do fall short, I still think Yaya has potential, he always seems to step up when they need a goal. Tough decision and it's still on Hazard, maybe I need another beer to make my mind up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Hazard Hull home
    the fact Hazard earns more baps has swung it in his favour for me over Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Dzeko Leicester away
    I had it on hazard, but Oscar could be the fly in the ointment for me there, yaya is on pennos, his game is approaching something like last season and has got 10 pts in 3 of his last 4 game weeks. Yaya for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard Hull home
    Very true, though this could be exactly the kind of fixture they need to to sharpen up and if they do fall short, I still think Yaya has potential, he always seems to step up when they need a goal. Tough decision and it's still on Hazard, maybe I need another beer to make my mind up. :pac:

yeah it'll be interesting to see how City actually line up alright, there'll be a lot of sore bodies after Wenesdays exploits. Yaya will be fresh at least. don't think i could bring myself to captain Yaya myself (i don't have him, but if i did), but this gameweek he's definitely the standout option for City i think. of course as a non-owner a penalty miss and yellow card so he misses the next game wuldn't go amiss :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hazard Hull home
    i don't have hazard so it was easy enough for me to pick Costa, Sanchez and baines were decent shouts too but it was a very straight forward decision this one. Might not be the right one come 5 o clock but have to go with the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hazard Hull home
    Going with costa aswell, mentions too Sanchez bony! (Theyll both prob get double figures now ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Conflicted between Costa and Hazard. Not since September 27th has Hazard scored less than 10 points at home (five home games ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Given Hazard's home record, I've given him captaincy. Had a dream last night that Costa scored two and Hazard blanked so I feel my subconscious is trying to tell me something. However, my subconscious has been entirely wrong the last few weeks so I'm ignoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Hazard Hull home
    Late switch from Costa to hazard for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Been switching between Hazard, Sanchez and Dzeko and have it on Dzeko now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dzeko Leicester away
    Think Dzeko is a very risky pick, he lacks form and match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dzeko Leicester away
    Went for Hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Think Dzeko is a very risky pick, he lacks form and match fitness.

Yeah your right, having him is enough of a gamble.
    Ive ended up with Sanchez, I don't think Chelsea will have it as easy today as people think and Newcastle are playing their third choice keeper and Sanchez likes to shoot.

Dzeko Leicester away
    Stupid beer did nothing for me. I've whittled it down to Hazard, Costa or Yaya.

Tick tock, tick tock. Indecision is great craic @ 11.28 on a Saturday morning. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hazard Hull home
    Went with Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

A.Sanchez Newcastle home
    Late change from Costa to Yaya - I hope this doesn't backfire now! There's about 6 points separating 3rd and 6th in my league, so would love to put a little ground between myself and the others. I guess time will tell if this was a brave choice, or a foolish one.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dzeko Leicester away
    Hazard for me. Costa is first on FFS poll but his recent form hasn't been as good as Hazard's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

A.Sanchez Newcastle home
    Indecision is great craic @ 11.28 on a Saturday morning. :/

I'm no stranger to have a melted head due to indecision approaching 11.30 on a Saturday morning...

Dzeko Leicester away
    I'm no stranger to have a melted head due to indecision approaching 11.30 on a Saturday morning...

:)

Time put me out of my misery.

Allez Hazard!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dzeko Leicester away
    I've been pretty confident for about a month that Hazard will outscore Costa about 7 times out of 10 at home.

Whether today is one of those days remains to be seen, but longterm its unimportant. If you keep making those type of decisions, you will benefit longterm.

Advertisement