Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League Cup 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up against irish son who leads the Premier League. :eek: I will have to bring my A game to see off this challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Up against Gerry Hattricks next, I recognize the team name but dunno the boards user name.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Again, any errors, just post em up and I'll switch to rectify.
    From the next round onwards I'll be using boards usernames as identifiers rather than team names, for a more personal approach.

Another of the top guys from the Qualifying League for me this round, he'd have beaten me this week by a point!!![/QUOTE]

I think i did just enough to beat my little bony, could you check this please? team name is greensausages
    cheers

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

richieffff wrote: »
    Myself against ScienceNerd, I think my cup run could be coming to an end very soon from the looks of it :(

You're ranked ahead of me!

My head to head record this season is bloody awful as well :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think i did just enough to beat my little bony, could you check this please? team name is greensausages
    cheers
    Draw amended to reflect this mistake and correcting the draw for Ace Utd

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

through to the second round by 2 points, cesc cauldron you are getting done :D :P!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I have a toughie in the next round. Top if the pile in the qualifying league versus my mid-table mediocrity. Its Man City V Swansea. The Real FFM strong favourites! Will only have to show up...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Posada wrote: »
    Up against Gerry Hattricks next, I recognize the team name but dunno the boards user name.

finnharpsboy.

But before I hit 'submit reply' he'll probably have beaten me to it! :D

OneColdHand my opponent this week. Happy to have someone who posts this week.

Again I'm against one of the main contenders for a League 2 place this year.

Not too many left from the qualifying league after Round 1 going massively in favour of the seeded teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

cheers

You'll be getting a beating in the next round anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

through to the second round by 2 points, cesc cauldron you are getting done :D :P!

Cesc cauldron is a premier league team.

Cesc cauldron is a premier league team.

And

And

Sorry, I was reading that on my phone and I took you up wrong, for some reason I thought you wanted to know who it was:o I believe it is the poster known as Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

You're ranked ahead of me!

My head to head record this season is bloody awful as well :pac:

Going to be even more disappointed when I lose now :P

Sorry, I was reading that on my phone and I took you up wrong, for some reason I thought you wanted to know who it was:o I believe it is the poster known as Donal.

No no not at all, dosnt bother me who they are , looks like I'll be up against it tho alright ya, solid looking opposition but my confidence is high after a good 7/8 weeks which has seen me climb to a ranking of 157k after being ranked outside the top 1.5mil for 4/5 weeks. This is my first year taking the game seriously due to joining a money league for the first time and iv no problem admitting I'm addicted.

No no not at all, dosnt bother me who they are , looks like I'll be up against it tho alright ya, solid looking opposition but my confidence is high after a good 7/8 weeks which has seen me climb to a ranking of 157k after being ranked outside the top 1.5mil for 4/5 weeks. This is my first year taking the game seriously due to joining a money league for the first time and iv no problem admitting I'm addicted.

That was me two years ago, the first year I played I only joined on week three but once I found this forum I was hooked. I was just inside 1million after week 5 and now I'm at 7,000. With a rank of 157k you can make huge strides very quickly, I saw your team last week when you were looking for advice but Parlance said most of what I would have said, it's a very good team you have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    OneColdHand my opponent this week. Happy to have someone who posts this week.

Again I'm against one of the main contenders for a League 2 place this year.

Not too many left from the qualifying league after Round 1 going massively in favour of the seeded teams.

Good stuff, at a quick glance there doesn't seem to be too much between our teams. Apart from some differences in defence, it looks like it might be my Oscar + Rooney vs your Sterling + Costa. Of course that doesn't take into account any transfers that might happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

when the hattricks see you off, youll never forget my user name :D

Good stuff, at a quick glance there doesn't seem to be too much between our teams. Apart from some differences in defence, it looks like it might be my Oscar + Rooney vs your Sterling + Costa. Of course that doesn't take into account any transfers that might happen!
    Yup, very much hoping Rooney doesn't make it back to the starting lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

when the hattricks see you off, youll never forget my user name :D

Maybe a good cup run for the Gerry's will take your lads minds off their league position..

• Advertisement

Maybe a good cup run for the Gerry's will take your lads minds off their league position..

maybe we will be doing battle again H2H next season if you get promoted from the confrence division ;)
    I suspect my 84 in the last round has you concerned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

I'm up against Erzgebirge Scrooge and looking forward to it as we have very few of the same players currently. The only ones we have in common are Aguero, Diego Costa and Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

jebforever wrote: »
    Up against irish son who leads the Premier League. :eek: I will have to bring my A game to see off this challenge.

I'm way over achieving in that league, have gotten very lucky :D
    We have very similar teams with 9 of the same squad so I don't expect much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

irish son wrote: »
    I'm way over achieving in that league, have gotten very lucky :D
    We have very similar teams with 9 of the same squad so I don't expect much in it.

Haha very similar alright. Will be hoping Chelsea concede, Courtois doesn't save a penalty and Bony doesn't go nuts. Rooney playing will also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    Yup, very much hoping Rooney doesn't make it back to the starting lineup

You won't need to worry about that when I transfer him out for Costa! ;)

#mindgames

You won't need to worry about that when I transfer him out for Costa! ;)

#mindgames
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:

25 plus sakho guzan and clyne for me to go vs posada's 12 plus fabianski, cissokho, bertrand/dummet, downing, siggy and sakho...... a round two exit awaits me i think

8 points vs Guzan and Rooney + whatever Baines manages (I'm counting him on 1 point in the meantime) in the 2nd half of this game.

Could go either way but I fancy his chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

looking like we'll be level, Hutton v Siggy for place in round 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Leading Thunderdog 17-13 in our all Prem tie. He only has Rooney and Siggy left and will only field 10. I have Bony, RVP, Downing and Hutton so have the edge. Rooney or Siggy could easily destroy me though.

Advertisement