Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you good at?

• 22-04-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Quite simply; Everyone is good at something, whether it is running, studying, cooking or whatever.

What are your talents and how did you come across them? Any weird or wonderful talented people out there :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Modesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Will wrote: »
    Quite simply; Everyone is good at something, whether it is running, studying, cooking or whatever.

What are your talents and how did you come across them? Any weird or wonderful talented people out there :pac:

Shouldn't you have gone first?

Personally I'm a reasonably decent cook, a fairly patient sort of chap and a good listener I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'll probably be looked upon as a good listener, and can give impartial advice on that too. I'm quick to take to any sport I've ever tried, if I had applied myself as a youngling I'd say I'd be a professional sportsman at this stage.

I've got a guitar I'm gonna start playing during summer, who knows...I may be a virtuoso:D

Oh another boardise once said this about me: You try to see the good in people, you never judge people until you know them...I thought that was nice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Anything i set my heart and mind to .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Modesty.

den_do19.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

My talent is about as good as it gets... [as in the movie] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm a good Dj. I'm a better writer. I'm almost super in the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Unlike abouttobebanned, i AM super in the sack :cool:

Modesty aside, im quite talented on the guitar, been playing for over 10 years. i got into it when i was 14, out of boredom, and a love of music. Took to it like a duck to water.
    I have a knack for figuring out how things work. I cant help it , i look at something and just run through my head how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I give amazing footrubs, its a handy thing for a girl to have, a boyfriend who is an (almost) trained masseur :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm fairly accomplished at the following:

-Cooking (my signature dish is my Chicken Parm; PM me for the recipe!!! Trust me, it is gorgeous!!! :D)

-Poker dealing/tournament directing (started off playing in local pub game at 17, progressed to running the game at 18, now I run 2 games and help out at countless others! the poker kid I've been known as!!! haha)

-Poker playing (learned from the above; not as good as I wish I could be)

-Listening/giving advice (or so I'm told!)

-dressing well (all my friends say I overdress a lot; as I'm fond of retorting, "You can never be overdressed!"...:o)

and probably many more that I cannot think of right now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The one thing I was always good at was swimming. Did it all through my life so far.

Im also very patient, maybe too patient!

Id like to be a better dresser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

D.I.Y have to do everything around the house lol.
    Apptitude tests, kind of a weird one but I enjoy them and helped out a few people practicing for them.
    Dunno what else. Probably nothing lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I'm hav unbelievible grammer und spellin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

watching tv i can do it for hours :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seems I'm meant to have lots of patience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Been good at pretty much any sport I tried, though doing nothing and getting fat for the last 6/7 years means that probably doesn't apply anymore.
    Good at drinking people under the table. I'm pretty good at maths and even better at IQ tests. My general knowledge is probably the best of anyone I know.
    Oh, and I can eat a large dominos in one sitting. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Good at maths apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

I can consistently throw good darts, whether it's in practice or competiton and I've got a very unorthodox throwing style apparently.
    I'm told I'm a really good dancer even though I sort of bluff my way while on the dancefloor.
    I never get angry or raise my voice, just don't see the need.
    Nothing phases(fazes) me, have been told that by many people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never quit attitude for most things in life, seems to be working so far. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I'm good at skinning up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭BrianD3

One arm pullups.

Apart from that, not a whole lot else.

krudler wrote: »
    I give amazing footrubs, its a handy thing for a girl to have, a boyfriend who is an (almost) trained masseur :D
    I didnt even think to mention the fact that I'm a fully trained (and pretty good) masseur, and almost qualified reflexologist and sports masseur...cheers for the reminder krudler:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Many people have told me I am the greatest troll they have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

I excel at insomnia! much to my dismay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I excel at insomnia! much to my dismay. :D

Oh hai, snap! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am a jack of all trades master of none. I am good at everything, but great at nothing. :( Exceedingly average TBH.

Cooking - I can hold my own and it tastes good, but it's nothing special.
    Running - Can get to around the 10 mile mark but lose interest when I am that fit and then slip into old habits.
    Music - Play guitar, but not anything special.
    School - Was smart, but didn't do well in tests.

Like I said, average at everything, there is nothing I am bad at as far as I know, but nothing I am great at either...that I have found yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm good at skinning up.

can you role backwards ? :)

Im good a cooking ive nuatral flair and that "pasion" for food...
    Intereacting with kids in a good way...
    playing my ps3
    Looking out side of the box from an angle that most people dont, noticing the flaws that other dont. (hate saying that)
    Creativly minded with food and with web design constantly looking at sites and mailing them sugestions.
    Bringing people togeather as a team.
    Snowboarding rock climbing surfing and skating.
    reading maps Knowing that my pacing of a 100 meters is 74.
    Eating food, and enjoying pleasure with in life...
    Oh and worse still being able to admit i was wrong and apoligise when i was wrong...

I am a jack of all trades master of none. I am good at everything, but great at nothing.
    I thought that was me...?:confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm good at skipping. :o I can do it fast, on one leg, can move forward and backwards on one leg and I can do 360 turns without tripping myself up.

I suppose that like MON I'm good a listener, and I'm for the most part a good reader of situations. I can tell how someone feels about me without having to ask them. That's a good one to have because it allows you move on from hard situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

This might sound immature, but one of the things i'm best at is pleasuring the ladies. Doesn't matter what I do it with or if they say they've never had an orgasm before or are very hard to bring to orgasm, I can still manage to get them off.

Not much, but I'm proud of my talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

can you role backwards ? :)

I can indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭iptba

LD 50 wrote: »
    This might sound immature, but one of the things i'm best at is pleasuring the ladies. Doesn't matter what I do it with or if they say they've never had an orgasm before or are very hard to bring to orgasm, I can still manage to get them off.

Not much, but I'm proud of my talent.
    You need to call for this to be a competitive sport.
    There might even be TV or internet rights!
    It might have to be restricted to people's partners to make it family friendly - but there might be transfer requests! ;)

Advertisement