Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving daily

• 04-11-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I was speaking to a friend about laser hair removal and she said she would probably go for it as her leg hair grows quite fast and she has to shave quite regularly.

She then said that if she were to live with a guy that she would make sure that he never saw her with a bit of hair on her legs. At the moment she is single and, when wearing trousers, won't shave every time a bit of hair shows up.

So my question is lads, do you care about a little leg hair (now I don't mean hair left for weeks, etc but a bit of stubble)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I was speaking to a friend about laser hair removal and she said she would probably go for it as her leg hair grows quite fast and she has to shave quite regularly.

She then said that if she were to live with a guy that she would make sure that he never saw her with a bit of hair on her legs. At the moment she is single and, when wearing trousers, won't shave every time a bit of hair shows up.

So my question is lads Gentlemen ;), do you care about a little leg hair (now I don't mean hair left for weeks, etc but a bit of stubble)?

nah not really where all human after all but soft legs on a wiminz is nice but hey that perefct image cant held every day of the week can it now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Soft legs always nice but I dont expect that to be a constant.
    The only time id have an issue is if they reach my level.Ive gorilla legs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

depends on the hair colour and type I think. I mean if the girl has fairly wirey black hair and leaving them for a few days causes her legs to have a midday shade, then yeah, daily shaving might be needed. But if the hair is fine and blonde the stubble could probably be left for longer.

Personally I have no real issue with it. What is important to me is my OH's physical confidence, if she's not shaving her legs and letting stubble grow then hitting my hand away because she's embarrassed, that sort of lack of confidence is more off putting than the leg hair.

If she shaves daily and is more confident about her physical appearance then I'd tell her to keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

I have to say, at no stage in my life have a I noticed the leg hair situation on any of the girls I've been with. I'm guessing they all kept it within reasonable shape or they've all been super good at maintenance....

Although, I remember my ex boss had large clumps of hair appearing from her tights... *shudder*

and a bit of a goatee too **Double shudder**

Lovely lady though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

A small bit is fine. Wouldn't really bother me too much. As said if it was let grow for a bit then wouldn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not at all,thats just silly.Nobody is perfect and if a girl I was seeing wanted to try and maintain this illusion then I would seriously question the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I would seriously question the relationship.

But it would have nothing to do with the relationship. It would have to do with the persons fear of not conforming to their cultures accepted standards of beauty. Believe it or not, some women are not confident about their physical appearance :eek: You can't assume a males level of physical confidence from every woman

For example: :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ERGrznxTIwo/Rs2tWHMX4nI/AAAAAAAAG38/nJF9kXT2Yr8/s400/the+difference+between+woman+and+man.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What I ment was that if my G/F was having a $hit attack about a bit of leg stubble then I couldnt be with someone that insecure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

I agree. Smooth legs are nice and since it also shows that she's making an effort, it's a lovely gesture. Like I shave my cheeks so they're smooth and better for snuggling :p But a few days' of stubble... I couldn't care less. We're all human, I find it funny if anything and tease her about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think we're all in agreement, we dont mind a little bit of stubble or hair, as long as its reasonable. I don't shave every time I should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Any woman who doesn't shave every day is lazy and selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I never minded with my ex. It honestly didn't bother me. Obviously it felt class when her legs were smooth, but I never cared if they weren't smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Well I'm going to go out on a limb here.I don't think guys have a vote here and a woman will have her own preference.

I would never expect a woman to be hair free and still be a woman.

A woman shaving her armpits , legs & bikini line its for her and other women too and so its cosmetic.

But totally hair free all of the time - a bit weird I mean it suggests that not being is unhygenic or unclean. That as an attitude would be wrong.

So if its cosmetic and for her either should be fine.

For me - I dont mind and dont think a woman should either.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭miss_feminem

CDfm wrote: »
    Well I'm going to go out on a limb here.I don't think guys have a vote here and a woman will have her own preference.

I would never expect a woman to be hair free and still be a woman.

A woman shaving her armpits , legs & bikini line its for her and other women too and so its cosmetic.

But totally hair free all of the time - a bit weird I mean it suggests that not being is unhygenic or unclean. That as an attitude would be wrong.

So if its cosmetic and for her either should be fine.

For me - I dont mind and dont think a woman should either.

Yup, that was my point. She wouldn't be doing it for herself - she'd be doing it to keep the guy happy (since she thinks it would be an issue for him). At the moment she doesn't shave daily and she doesn't have any hangups. I just wanted to see if men even noticed and/or cared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Do you shave every day?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't consdider a bit of stubble a big deal.

I wouldn't expect my OH to shave her legs each day. Every few days is enough for her and me!

DM-ICE wrote: »

I wouldn't expect my OH to shave her legs each day. Every few days is enough for her and me!

Does that mean you help;)

Yup, that was my point. She wouldn't be doing it for herself - she'd be doing it to keep the guy happy (since she thinks it would be an issue for him). At the moment she doesn't shave daily and she doesn't have any hangups. I just wanted to see if men even noticed and/or cared.

I do think your friends attitude is a bit extreme but not totally out there. She doesn't have hang-ups and maybe she should relax a bit on it.

At the moment its a hypothetical situation so she isnt living with a guy. The likely reason is that she is fantasising all the lingerie and lacy stuff. While the reality is that in a situation that would lead to living with a guy it would be different.

He wouldnt arrive up on his charger and whisk her away -stopping of in Boots for cosmetics and razors. No -she would meet him after work and go back to his or her place some evenings. He won't run off naked down the street jumping on his horse screaming she's got hair if being late for work means she hasn't. (well I would hope not). If he does bullet dodged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

So my question is lads, do you care about a little leg hair (now I don't mean hair left for weeks, etc but a bit of stubble)?
    Best advice I ever heard on this subject, was from my ex's mum who told her never to start shaving her legs. Her legs were soft to the touch with barely noticeable hairs.

• Advertisement

In what way?

Sorry, I left out "vile"

What if she was to have an unexpected one night stand and the poor guy would have hairly legs rubbed against him?
    LD 50 wrote:
    Do you shave every day?

No. Why would I? Women haven't evolved to find hairyness distasteful like men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sorry, I left out "vile"

What if she was to have an unexpected one night stand and the poor guy would have hairly legs rubbed against him?

Well, it's likely he will shut up and take it.

It's a one night stand, why would the girl care what he thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Thought Bubble

Have always been a bit curious about this myself (as a wimminz). I am and have been for a while (and soz for TMI) a 'no hair below the eyebrows' type gal and reugularly visit a waxer (a lovely Polish girl who likes pain a bit too much!). I do it for noone but me. I love the smooth, clean feeling it gives me. And yes, it does make me feel very sexy ;). And if guys like it, that is an added bonus :D (but NOT the reason for doing it in the first place!).

It is good to know that guys have some level of acceptance for the itchy growing out phase though :o.

Bubbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Sorry, I left out "vile"

I'd be seriously worried about a man who, when having sex, was aware of a hairy leg sensation. Like, seriously. He has more enjoyable things to be feeling.

shellyboo wrote: »
    I'd be seriously worried about a man who, when having sex, was aware of a hairy leg sensation. Like, seriously. He has more enjoyable things to be feeling.

I loll'd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I've kind of have an irrational fear of peoples hairy legs.

Even my mates lift their trouser sleeve near me to freak me out.

People think I'm weird but since I was a kid I've been that way.. I can't help it. Like a good bit would make me freak like I've seen a spider, but a wee bit of stubble would just make me a bit uneasy.

But I'd never ask a girl to shave her legs. I wouldn't be that rude. I'd have to just get over it somehow.

shellyboo wrote: »

Just to be clear I was taking the piss. Ridiculous questions deserve ridiculous posts.

Just to be clear I was taking the piss. Ridiculous questions deserve ridiculous posts.
    Originally Posted by shellyboo

Still I dont know if I got the hairy leg feeling I would be worried what bed I was in, *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

When I lived in Malta my gf shaved her legs with olive oil. They were always soft and shiny. Olive oil has great properties for the skin and protects against cuts. She really enjoyed it. She told me it made her feel very feminine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Whatever about a bit of hair on the aul legs, a hairy back is a definite no no.

Aidric wrote: »

On a girl- I didnt know you could get that. Its probably fashionable in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭miss_feminem

Aidric wrote: »

LMAO, I agree here. I don't like hair on men's back, nevermind women :P

Advertisement